Based on Click to view
Artist astrocompass [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tan Greyhound #18

Postby astrocompass » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm

What Is Serenity Shelter?
    Serenity is a dog rescue. We rescue dogs of all kinds and rehabilitate them to be able to be adopted. Not all dogs have a nice past, such as just being given up to the shelter because their owners couldn't afford to care for them. Some are abandoned. Some were left for dead. But each one is special, and each one is full of love and ready to share it. We give the dogs the best care we can provide, but nothing beats a home that they can call their own. So are you ready to adopt?

Sorry for the lack of dogs recently, I've been having a lot of trouble creating lines that I'm satisfied with recently. I figured I'd post her before I went insane trying to fix all the anatomy errors.

A sweet girl, this greyhound was found tied to the doorhandle of our shelter with her leash. She seems well cared for, and the best guess anyone has made to the reason she was left to us is that she might have been an unsuccessful racer and was therefore deemed useless by her previous owner.

Code: Select all
[b]Username ::[/b]
[b]Dog's Name ::[/b]
[b]Gender ::[/b]
[b]Personality ::[/b]
[b]Story ::[/b]

To adopt this girl, tell me the reason she was left with us here at Serenity.

End Date: September 22nd

PFDB123 wrote:[center]Username ::
PFDB123

Dog's Name ::
Alicia

Female

Personality ::
Alicia is quiet and shy, and will bond quickly with anyone she trusts, sticking by them like glue. She is very fearful though, and doesn't take well to running people, like joggers, or loud noises. She has separation issues as well, though not so bad that she can't be left alone.

Story ::
This was long before I was Alicia, when my name was Lithe Dancer. I was a racer. I was the cream of the crop, the top of the pile. I lived in a world of speed, where I was the quickest. I lived for speed. But I never realized how deadly my duty could be. I was scheduled for a race like any other on that one fateful day. I was behind the gates, waiting for the gun to go off, for the gates to open. Then I could run and feel the wind in my face, and I would be free. I could hear the other dogs murmuring as well, wishing good luck to one another. I could hear the new dogs, pacing anxiously. I wasn't anxious. I was calm and ready. The gun went off, the gates opened. I burst forward, like a bullet from the gun, the arrow from the bow. I shot ahead of all the other dogs, chasing the lure. I could smell one of the new dogs coming up beside me, he was fast! I think his name was Never Roam or something along those lines. But Never and I where neck and neck now- I doubled my speed, and he matched it. I remember grudging respect for the newbie, he would go far. I could see the finish, hear the roar of the crowd, the shouts, Never and I running like the wind. He tried to cut me off, go towards the inside to gain the advantage. That's when it all went wrong. Mistiming his turn, he slammed into me, the two of us tumbling end over end, the other dogs slamming into us, they couldn't stop fast enough. Several others went down with us, tripping over each other. Some managed to stop in time, but where run over by those who didn't, or couldn't. Chaos followed, and I can't remember much of what happened next, other then pain. I awoke with my owner, I could hear him saying bad things, bad words. I didn't like him much, he was always a little... Off. Violent. When I won he was happy, but the one time I lost... Just this time... He hit me. Hard. I scrambled back, yelping, feeling flashes of pain from my foot. Testing it, I guessed it might've been a bad sprain. It would heal, and I could race again. Why was he so mad? He grabbed my leash, and I realized that he wasn't himself. I could smell the fumes of the liquid that made him different, madder, and I could see he wasn't the person I knew. Pulling me outside, dragging me down a street, it was dark out, must've been night, and tying me to someone's door.
"Just stay outside our house Dancer. I'll be back." He half snarled, half spoke. As he lumbered off, I looked up at the house. A flash of panic stole through me, this wasn't our house! I barked at him, trying to tell him. What are you doing? Why are you leaving me? I barked like this all through the night, until finally, someone opened the door. When the handle twisted, it pulled on my neck and I stumbled, falling on my bad paw again. I saw another person. They took me inside, and I saw many other dogs. Was I at a shelter? Why was I here? This had all been a mistake... Hadn't it?
Last edited by astrocompass on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
man, teenagers are weird.
astrocompass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tan Greyhound #18

Postby Novi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Username :: Raff
      Dog's Name :: Jill, called Jilly Bean.
      Personality :: WIP
      Story :: WIP
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chibi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Username ::
Chibi
Luna
Female
Luna is as sweet as sweet can be. She is a real loving family dog and never leaves her owner's side.
When Luna was young and vibrant she was a racer. She won almost every race she entered in. But one day she fell behind in the most important race of her life. She lost terribley and so her own got rid of her.
Attention All
I have officially quit CS. If you would like to ask me any questions then visit my deviantart Bye guys
Chibi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ray. » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Reserved
gone back to school, college life. won't be on much. sorry
My WMEs
Ray.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:06 pm

~Willow
Nissa
Female
Loving
Sweet
Persevering
I was born with a lame paw, but in my puppy years, that wasn't very clear. My mother's owners didn't even know it, that's just how well a hid it. Some people came in and spoke with the the owners and eventually handed over some thin paper stuff to Momma's owner. My brother went with them. It was just me and my sister left.
A couple of weeks later, after the owners spoke on the ringy thing for several days, some new people came in. I saw them and knew they were the ones. I whimpered and whined and barked, I even wagged my tail real sweetly, and spent the whole time with them. I eventually was bought by them, just like my brother. I Was so happy! Life was great, too.
I was loved and well cared for, and then one day, they began training me for something called 'the races'. I was confused and scared, they then became aggressive with me. I just wanted to get away!
It took months for me to warm up to my equipment, but I eventually did. I was almost a year old, a few days away from it, before my first race. I still hadn't shown any signs of my lame paw. I didn't want them to be mad at me. The gun sounded and the gates opened. I jumped and broke loose, just tying to stay in the front.
The pain hit at this point. I screamed and crumpled to the dirt, the other racers trampling me. Everyone worked quickly to get me off the track, but it all went by too fast for me to remember. The next thing I knew I was waking up in my bed listening to my people mutter softly and sadly. I didn't know what was about to happen. When they told me it was time for a ride, I grew excited and lept to my paws, but I favored one. I didn't walk on it at all.
We drove a long time, until we came to what the street dogs call the 'place'. I grew afraid. My tail tucked and they dragged me out of the car and tied me to the door. There, I watched them drive off, my ears lowered, and waited for the people here to take me in.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 pm

I couldn't click with her ;w;
Last edited by whisky on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sea » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 am

wip c:
.sea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby getchoo-XD » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Username: iluvwolves03
Dog name:Turbo
History: WIP WIP WIP it will be lazy though
Personality: Turbo is competitive and loves to race! She is active and very nice. She is a good guard of the people she loves.
getchoo-XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peanutcat » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:34 pm

"Now listen closely children.." She whispered calmly to her pup's. "What your about to hear, may be scary but it'll be a good life lesson as well.." She scanned each and every-one of them before she began, making sure they were listening. "Now.. it all started back in 1994... the day of the big race" She fidgeted in her comfy bed for a few minutes than opened her mouth to speak. "1994, I was a youngster back then. Always sticking my curious nose into who know's what, jabbing my paw's into every corner and crevice I could find.. and my tail, it was always wagging. Strong enough to wipe a brick clean off of a coffee table. Now, life wasn't always easy in the big city.. It was hard to find food, Scavenging.. and scavenging and clearly not satisfied when I find a half-eaten burger in a trash-bin. One day.. I was out on the streets. My tail was tucked and my head was hanging down. My old home, they had kicked me out. I was too.. playful." She paused scanning them again before going on. "They didn't like me, the nose certainly wasn't the best, and my ear's were worser than a deaf dog's ears would ever be! But one day, I had wandered myself into a house, "For rent" read the sign, although I can't read a cat had stalked up behind me and muttered the word's, just enough so I could hear them clearly. I didn't dare ask what that meant, instead I walked inside. Looked around. My nose had picked up a stale scent of "human" they were obviously still around, Because I know that a human would never leave behind their precious belongings. I heard a "tap tap" then a small screech come from behind me. I whipped around to see a small boy, only 'bout 5 feet. He was shrieking so loud that a large human had to come over, Boy I bet you if I hadn't escaped I would have been dead meat. That tall human, he had a large pointy black stick. 'Aimin it at me alright. The boy screamed again, I was clearly annoyed and 'bout to go lunge at his leg at this point. But this time, it wasn't fear, he stepped in front of me, protecting me from the gun." She looked around at her pup's, terrified with fear. "Now now, it'll be alright. No one will hurt you...." She began to continue her story. "I nuzzled him softly, and that's when the large human snapped. He was 'bout to kick me with his shoe, I dodged then lunged. I knew someone would come in sooner or later and kill me. I didn't care, The human deserved it and I hope that scar lasts. I bolted out the door, my paw's were pounding on the pavement and the wind was roaring in my ear's viciously. I heard a loud screech, then a spark once I got was halfway across the road. "Animal control" the sign read. I yelped and darted back and forth hoping to confuse them. It didn't work. He screamed at the other human to grab the net. I couldn't let this happen. My only defense? A fight. And this wasn't going to end pretty. I stood my ground, snarling. Instead of getting the net, they had a sharp thing. The were approaching up on me, the sharp thing. They were going to press it into my skin, and Goodbye life that was. The sharp needle, the put it into a gun and shot me. I yelped, then screamed before I fell onto the pavement. I flinched and then everything went black. Once I had woken up, I was in a large white space. 3 men were crowding me in white lab coat's, One of them had their hand on me holding me down, the other was mixing liquid's into other liquids. I spyed a open window, "I can do this.." I told myself. She looked at both of them, After that I slammed my head onto the table they had set me on, I had to act like I was dead. My head was ringing and everything went black again. I felt like I was moving, Moving to heaven? Where was I going? I opened one eye and looked around. The 3 men in the white lab coat's were setting me into their truck. "Not again.." I muttered. They had a loose grip on me now, I had fooled them and now was my chance. I flew out of their arm's making a crash landing onto the ground. I had no time to recover now, I got onto my paw's quickly and ran. I didn't know where I was going but as long as it was away from those men then I was safe. I turned a corner then leaped over a trash-bin. I saw another truck, It wasn't animal control this time, it had read "Serenity" It sounded much better when I said it out loud. I felt safe, I walked up and pawed at their door, a nice woman walked up to me and took me inside. Their was Crocker-spainels, Dachshunds.. and way more breed's. They handed me a liver treat before hooking me up to a harness and setting me in a comfy bead. I gobbled up the liver treat gratefully, I knew this was my new home now. I was safe, protected and no-one could harm me know." She took a deep breath then yawned. "It's time to go to sleep youngster's, I think you've had enough stories for now." She said nuzzling each of them then circling her bed 3 times and drifting off to sleep.
Peanutcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:32 am

PFDB123

Alicia

Female

Alicia is quiet and shy, and will bond quickly with anyone she trusts, sticking by them like glue. She is very fearful though, and doesn't take well to running people, like joggers, or loud noises. She has separation issues as well, though not so bad that she can't be left alone.

This was long before I was Alicia, when my name was Lithe Dancer. I was a racer. I was the cream of the crop, the top of the pile. I lived in a world of speed, where I was the quickest. I lived for speed. But I never realized how deadly my duty could be. I was scheduled for a race like any other on that one fateful day. I was behind the gates, waiting for the gun to go off, for the gates to open. Then I could run and feel the wind in my face, and I would be free. I could hear the other dogs murmuring as well, wishing good luck to one another. I could hear the new dogs, pacing anxiously. I wasn't anxious. I was calm and ready. The gun went off, the gates opened. I burst forward, like a bullet from the gun, the arrow from the bow. I shot ahead of all the other dogs, chasing the lure. I could smell one of the new dogs coming up beside me, he was fast! I think his name was Never Roam or something along those lines. But Never and I where neck and neck now- I doubled my speed, and he matched it. I remember grudging respect for the newbie, he would go far. I could see the finish, hear the roar of the crowd, the shouts, Never and I running like the wind. He tried to cut me off, go towards the inside to gain the advantage. That's when it all went wrong. Mistiming his turn, he slammed into me, the two of us tumbling end over end, the other dogs slamming into us, they couldn't stop fast enough. Several others went down with us, tripping over each other. Some managed to stop in time, but where run over by those who didn't, or couldn't. Chaos followed, and I can't remember much of what happened next, other then pain. I awoke with my owner, I could hear him saying bad things, bad words. I didn't like him much, he was always a little... Off. Violent. When I won he was happy, but the one time I lost... Just this time... He hit me. Hard. I scrambled back, yelping, feeling flashes of pain from my foot. Testing it, I guessed it might've been a bad sprain. It would heal, and I could race again. Why was he so mad? He grabbed my leash, and I realized that he wasn't himself. I could smell the fumes of the liquid that made him different, madder, and I could see he wasn't the person I knew. Pulling me outside, dragging me down a street, it was dark out, must've been night, and tying me to someone's door.
"Just stay outside our house Dancer. I'll be back." He half snarled, half spoke. As he lumbered off, I looked up at the house. A flash of panic stole through me, this wasn't our house! I barked at him, trying to tell him. What are you doing? Why are you leaving me? I barked like this all through the night, until finally, someone opened the door. When the handle twisted, it pulled on my neck and I stumbled, falling on my bad paw again. I saw another person. They took me inside, and I saw many other dogs. Was I at a shelter? Why was I here? This had all been a mistake... Hadn't it?
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes