Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Tutorial by Saule

Artist Saule [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tutorial

Postby Saule » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I made this for Maerorem Calígo who posted this, asking for help with proportions, etc. :3
I tried to do my best on this, some parts are a little rough, blame that on my piece-of-crap mouse. And, sorry, but I can't draw hands on the computer for the life of me, so I can't be of any/much help there. I tried to show everything I could think of that I remember needing help with when I began drawing figures and how I taught myself to draw them. Some of the proportions are a little off, but I think it's alright. You'll get the gist of it. Each color is on a separate layer, so you (Maerorem Calígo at least) should have no trouble distinguishing from them and hopefully each color helps show a different perspective(?) of the drawing. I didn't really show anything for the feet (besides a weird triangle thing) because that's just how I draw feet. Triangle to get the shape/size and then draw the rest, it's not really a process for me and I wouldn't know how to show how to make it that. I've added Maerorem Calígo's name to the "people who can color this in" thing, but i'd be perfectly willing to add anyone else's name as well-- Just ask! :) If you need anything fixed or added to this drawing, just comment and I'll edit it as needed as well! Also if you need any part of this explained, just ask as well. :>
I hope this is of help and you appreciate & enjoy it! :3
Feel free to move my signature around, but do not remove it. Do not claim my part as your own artwork. If you post this on another site or page, be sure to credit me.

EDIT: I added a sideview too. It's not as proportionally correct, but I'm not as used to drawing people sideways as I am from the front or back or some other angle. I also didn't add as many color lines 'cause I just wanted to add this quickly, but I think it's fine. It's not like I really needed them, I suppose.
Last edited by Saule on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saule

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tutorial

Postby Small Child » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH AMG, YOU AMAZING LITTLE PERSON YOU.
Small Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tutorial

Postby Saule » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Hey, no prob :) glad I could help!
Saule