Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Land of Arlaquil by Beebs

Artist Beebs [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Land of Arlaquil

Postby Beebs » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 am

~Major WIP~

Welcome to Arlaquil, a mystical land only accessible through your dreams. But this is no ordinary dreamland. Arlaquil is not filled with whatever you wish. It is a separate realm, only available to those that have been chosen by the creatures that thrive here. The animals can only reach to the humans they've chosen through their dreams or nightmares. Once you have been chosen and found the one who summoned you, you may come and go as you please.

The creatures here are special and unlike those on Earth. They all hold mystical abilities, and most are unknown. Depending on the species, each animal has a different ability. Every animal here in Arlaquil is special in their own way.

The first Lakistra discovered was an unusually bubbly Lakistra, who was more than eager to help our research.
    He stated his name was Kohaku.
The Lakistras are large, wolf-like creatures with horns protruding out of their heads, like deer.
They're very graceful, and have long luscious fur that they always keep groomed and well-kept. Most Lakistras have the signature, wavy horns of their species, but sometimes you may find one with the curled horns of a ram, or smaller horns. Some have even been rumored to have deer-like antlers, and a few people have reported that there are Lakistra without any horns at all.
These animals aren't called the "spirits of the woods" for no reason. They're mysterious and quiet creatures, who bolt at the slightest indication of danger. Most Lakistra hold the ability to use psychic powers, like reading minds, sensing changes in the atmosphere, and even levitating various objects.
Lakistra can grow to be the size of a large bull, with females being the size of a large cow. Most cubs born are born small, almost the size of a bear cub. However, they quickly grow, reaching their full height at one year.

(PSST PSST! Hey, it's Beebs! So this is my first adoption center, and I want to make it look really good, so this is a MAJOR work in progress! The picture above will hold the silhouettes of the other animals as they come along. ;3)
Beebs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Land of Arlaquil

Postby Beebs » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 pm

BUMP! Just added information for the Lakistras and stuck in the spiffy new divider. C:

Soon to be added: Lineart for the Lakistras ; rest of the page, including rules, staff, and other extras I think of along the way~
Beebs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Land of Arlaquil

Postby AWOL » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see the finished product!
:: deviantArt :: tumblr ::
[ Currently being attack by responsibilities!
Im most active on tumblr,
You can contact me there! c: ]

*pixel art shown made by me*
( v except those cuties v )

Image Image Image Image
MY CHILDREN
AWOL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes