Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Rains of Castamere by Dr. Paine

Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rains of Castamere

Postby Dr. Paine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 pm

But now the rains
Weep o'er his halls
and not a soul to hear.

Well, I just... I had to do this challenge, since the past few days have been nothing but me drawing ponies to music. So, I saw this and thought 'hey, I'll pick a song at random and draw to it!'

This is what happens when you have three versions of Rains of Castamere bookmarked.

I do apologize for my writing, but A: I needed a way to include some amount of gold, and B: I've always loved the fact that the beat of the song, in the book, is described as 'boom doom'.

And for the record, this is my first time ever really trying to draw a wolf's head. Quite honestly I'm impressed it came out as okay as it did.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rains of Castamere

Postby pecan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 am

This is so beautiful <3 The wolf is lovely, and I love how the background brings out the gold words. To me, the style of the writing goes well with the whole drawing too. c:
pecan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rains of Castamere

Postby Dr. Paine » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Thank you ^^

Last bumped by Dr. Paine on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me