Based on Click to view
Artist Viego [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato# 263

Postby Viego » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 am

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:
+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Mutato's worst nightmare

9/30

also just a little tip, at the end of each mutato comp. i list the stuff I like abut the winner's form,
so i'd recommend checking that out if you really want to win

Congratulations Apricotflyer
Last edited by Viego on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀
I want to eradicate all
unsolved mysteries
from⠀⠀⠀⠀this⠀⠀⠀⠀world
◤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀◥
todd or viego
nby lesbian • any/purr

uma storagewermz

◣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀◢

and bring happiness to
𝔼 𝕍 𝔼 ℝ 𝕐 𝕆 ℕ 𝔼
Viego

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato# 263

Postby Tsukiko-pyon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/247/2/e/mutato_263_small_by_tsukiko_pyon-d6l2l7o.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tsukiko-pyon on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Tsukiko-pyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaluga » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Ooh, I love how you incorporated the transparency <3
Kaluga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairyauthor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Your Username
Nice to meet you! My username is fairyauthor, but you can call me Fairy or Izzy.
Name of the Mutato
I would name him Vinnie.
Reason for choosing the name
Vinnie is a very exuberant name, just like the design. Vinnie just seems to fit the little guy in my opinion. It's a very bright and exciting name, which I think matches his personality very well.
Mutato's worst nightmare
It had been a long day for Vinnie. He snuggled into his mossy bed, more than ready for sleep. He looked around him. His brothers and sisters were snuggled together. Being the eldest of his siblings, he felt responsible for them and always made sure everyone was there before he went to sleep. Reassured by the sound of all five of his younger brother's and sister's breathing, he closed his eyelids and drifted off into sleep.
Vinnie found himself in a white room. There were no doors. No windows. It was almost as if he was in nothing. As if he was nothing. He couldn't taste or smell or hear anything. And the thought suddenly hit him: He wasn't anything. He felt the fear well up inside of him, and he started to panic. Searching for anything, anyway to escape. Anyway to exist, to matter, to be something, to be someone. And suddenly he was falling. Like all of the gases inside him that enabled him to fly had disappeared. He no longer defied gravity. He went flying, spinning, plummeting to the hard, cold stone floor. And it hurt. He lay for a minute, seeking, searching for some way to defy the gravity. There was none. He felt heavy. And he struggled to get up, but he could not. The gravity was too much. So he looked around the room instead. The first thing he noticed was five candles of unnatural color atop a black table. He realized that they were the colors of his siblings. He pondered how this was possible. And suddenly the first candle went out. As the pink flame flickered out, his sister's screams echoed around the room. He suddenly realized that he was not in the room alone, and there was a large black unearthly being. It cackled as it blew out the second candle. Vinnie was still stuck fast to the ground, and listened in agony to the screams of his siblings. And suddenly Vinnie grew angry. He screeched, and suddenly had the strength to get up. The cackles in the room only got louder. Vinnie launched himself at the creature in the room, prepared to do anything it would take. And suddenly the stranger was gone. He bounced off of the hard wall, and skidded onto the floor.
And then, all of a sudden it wasn't a floor. It was the dark waves of the ocean. Vinnie swam, treading water. Searching for a piece of land to rest. But there was none. And then he looked behind him. A massive wave was towering over him. It crashed down on top of him, pushed him downward. As he struggled toward the surface, another wave hit him hard. And once again, he went down. He bobbed up towards the surface, his tail propelling him forward. But once again he went down. All of the breath was sucked out of him, and he now only went further and further down. He struggled, tried with all of his might but he was too weak. So he let go. He let go of everything, of his family, of his home, of his friends. And he felt his candle flicker out. His blue, beautiful candle flared and fought but the gust of wind was too strong and it flickered out.

And then he woke up.
Last edited by fairyauthor on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
fairyauthor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakki » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:38 pm

╔════════════════════════════╗
««“I still get nightmares. In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one ever really gets used to nightmares.” ««
««mark z. danielewski««
╚════════════════════════════╝

««username smileygirl99, but please, call me SG
««name nyghtmare, ny for short
««reason for choosing the name in this form we are asked to name the mutato's worst nightmare. This got me onto the idea of a nightmare-related name, so I swapped the i for a y {as I often do when choosing mutato names} and came up with "nyghtmare"
««mutato's worst nightmare
Darkness. Pitch black. A whimper. "I can't see..."
Then, a strange glowing at the end of the hallway of the strange and mysterious house.
A pattering of paws; I head towards the source.
Then- a monster.
A hideous creature turns it head, roars, and charges.
With a shriek I turn around and run, run, run for my life.
Constantly running.
Then- a cliff.
By the time I realise it's a cliff, it's too late. But the monster- follows me.
Falling, running, falling running, he reaches me, stretching his clawed hand out------
I wake up, panting bathed in sweat.
Another
Nightmare
««extra««mutato's favourite colour palette night whisper

╔════════════════════════════╗
╚════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by zakki on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hi i'm kieran ~

just stopping by here occasionally for the nostalgia

not really active on any social media but i'll reply to messages on twitter (@dphyllgry) or tumblr (/unravellist) if you want to say hi!
zakki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterstar. » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:56 am

Hello! The name's Waterstar2002
You can call me Anny, if you
Want.
This one shall be called
Ripples.
Ripples are what you
See when you throw
A stone or when fish
Jump in the water.
The bottom reminds
me of ripples in the
water. I also thought
the name Checkers,
but that seemed very
Hmmmm....
ordinary. So I
Stuck to the name
Ripples. Most just
Call him Pebble,
This is because of
The quote to the
Side <3
This mutato often
has nightmares in
the Dark of the night
he however always
Has the same
Nightmare every time!
It's kinda like Alice In
Wonderland. Ripple
Will now tell you
About his nightmares..

Hia, I'm Ripples, though
I prefer to be called Ripple.
When I sleep I always
Dream of a realistic scene.
I imagine I'm in a small
Chamber full of dead
People and I've been left
To die, but then, this
Mysterious lady tries to
Rescue me, then when
The guards see her she
Is shot in the head. Sorry
For the violence. Then
I'm taken to this guy,
Who turns out to be
The bad guy. And he takes
Me to this place. It's
Indescribable but I can
Try. It's a small room
On the ground there
Are small spike-like
Things on the walls are
Things similar to cheese
Shredders. So as he
Shoves me in the walls
start to move up and
Down and also in. In
The end I am crushed
And smashed to death.
+shivers+ Anyway,
Glad I could share with
You! Good bye!

┏─────────────┓
- why bees are dying
- what you can do
- green peace
- (my) kalons
- (my) simas
- new youtube restrictions
- trump delays bees
- why bees are important

┖─────────────┚

Hello everyone, this is Acid-tripp. I'm Water's younger sibling. She has since moved and forgotten about CS but is happy. Any activity on her account since around 2018 I believe has been me. I'm sorry for all of the people still active who wish to communicate with her but can't. I wish you all a great day/night and i'm sorry.
waterstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsplash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 am

Reserve
image by danny
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wolfsplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Possible reserve
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricotflyer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Username;; Apricotflyer
Name;; Shadow
Nickname;; Shade
Gender;; Male

. R E A S O N . M E . T H I S .
This Mutato would be called Shadow because of his fear. A bit like Batman I guess and how he is actually afraid of bats. But Shadow isn't as brave. Shadow isn't a brave word anyway, to me it means sly, smart and cunning. I was close to calling him Fox actually. Shadow would be smart and since he has spent most of his life hiding from shadows he is quick, sly and nimble like one. I imagine him to have the personality of what a shadow would have, he just doesn't realize how much he has in common with his worst nightmare.

. N I G H T M AR E S . N E V E R . G O . A W A Y .
Not just in dreams but real life is when Shadow's nightmare comes to play. It is common, a monster beyond compare. The shadow to which he is named. Many nights staying with and listening to horror stories and watching horror movies has gone to his head. Shadows are where evil plots and schemes, shadows are soldiers of the day and night. He is so afraid that at even the smallest sound he jumps even though shadows make no sound. He is smart and tactical, always planning on how to best avoid this beast. He has a little torch that he carries with him everywhere and spare batteries of course. There is nothing worse than your torch going out when surrounded by darkness. And if it isn't fear in real life it's in his dreams. The most common dream of shadows is the one where the shadows chase him into an alleyway and corner him. Then as they wash over him he screams as they devour him, sentencing him to become one of them. That's actually why he's afraid of death also, he believes that when you die you become a shadow.
xxxxImage Image Image
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    𝐢❜𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨.​​​​

━━ ✦ rp characters
    ━━ ✦ apri
    ━━ ✦ she/her
    ━━ ✦ leo
    ━━ ✦ infp
    ━━ ✦ lesbian

━━ ✦ crestley family

𝐢❜𝐦 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
apricotflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalcolmOmnishambles » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Username

221b baker street,call me DJ if you want

Name Of Mutato

ImageImageImageImage

Wave

Reason for choosing the name

Because he reminds me of waves and ripples in a still pond after someone has thrown a rock to break the stillness of the surface

Mutato's worst nightmare

Having a pond or lake be completely still. Or having someone pollute a pond. It's ironic because Mutatos are made out of radio active material.
Last edited by MalcolmOmnishambles on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MalcolmOmnishambles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me