Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Security to Captain Picard... by booklover789

Artist booklover789 [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Security to Captain Picard...

Postby booklover789 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 am

Security to Captain Picard!

Picard here.

Sir, we've found two unidentified objects on the bridge with our long-range scanners.

Any assumptions on what those objects may be?

Both are life-forms. One is reading as a type of foreign equine - a type of which we have no record of in our databases.

And the other life-form?

The other shows indications of great intelligence. Some human qualities, but most are foreign. We're certain our databases have information on this being; but we can't seem to access it.

Any noticeable similarities between the two life-forms?

Both show large quantities of a strange field around them, and...one of them seems to be moving towards the other.

Surround the room, and contain them inside. If any of the life-forms attempt an escape, stop them humanely. I need them both alive.

Yes sir.

Alert me to any change in the life-forms' behavior. Picard out.

Timer-lies-by-around-20-minutes. Man, this took FOREVER to do; but I'm REALLY proud of how it turned out. X)

This picture is of my pony character - Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza - aboard the USS Enterprise, a federation starship first shown in the original Star Trek TV series, and updated and revamped in every series (and movie) after the original series. The character responsible for her showing up in space, YEARS after her own time, is standing in front of her. He's my favorite character in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and yes, I drew him in a sort of chibi-style, because I STINK at drawing humans. Any guesses on whom he might be?
Hint #1: Look at his outfit.
Hint #2: Look at the computers behind him.

(I absolutely LOVE the bigger Oekaki canvas. It's totally awesome - I had WAY more room to draw! :D )

Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza belongs to me; DO NOT STEAL.
This piece of cross-over art belongs to me; DO NOT STEAL.
YOU LIKE BEING STOLEN FROM? NO? THEN DON'T STEAL FROM ME!
John DeLancie and any characters he portrayed in American TV shows do not belong to me.
Leonard Nimmoy and any characters he portrayed in American TV shows do not belong to me.
Star Trek does not belong to me, but to Gene Roddenberry.
This piece of art is for my personal use only, not for redistribution without MY permission. Hehe, thanks to Vampy for the idea for this sentence. I copied and pasted it from a recent picture of Vampy's, and then edited it to my liking. : )

References: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Delancie
http://www.my-walls.net/wallpapers/2012 ... 0x1680.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nessDK.jpg
viewtopic.php?t=1462962
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=264075&p=6584972&hilit=rocktalon#p6584972

Please read the quote below before you start complaining about how big or dark my sig is.
booklover789 wrote:
╬JesusFreak╬ wrote:
I really like it! You did awesome on the colors and her hair and the backround! But I've got one question: Why is the signature so big? Not trying to sound rude or anything, just wondering...

I don't want art theft. I always do a darker and larger sig ontop of the others so I'm COMPLETELY covered. If someone DOES decide to steal it, they would have to remove the sig. Which is harder than it sounds.

DerpyLuvr wrote:yeah, i wish you did a smaller signature, it wold have distracted us less from the picture. but anyways, its really good! i <3 MLP!!!

Yeah, I've gotten that a lot. X) But I still keep 'em on my pics. Protects 'em a bit more.

Anyway, glad you guys like it! :) After working so hard, it's nice to get some appreciation.

Last bumped by booklover789 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 am.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups