Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Breath of Autumn by Alabaster_Flame

Artist Alabaster_Flame [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Breath of Autumn

Postby Alabaster_Flame » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:41 am

"Take them, Sister; and harness your power towards the changing of Seasons."
Rene took the fresh Summer leaves from her Sister's hand and watched as her sister returned to her lush forest where the sun never set.
Rene turned to her own forest: radiating with the setting sun's everlasting glow; vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges littered the ground beneath the trees. Lifting the leaves up to her lips she gently blew upon them; sending them to touch the leaves of the Mortal's trees: The transition from Summer to Autumn. "Go," She whispered softly as she watched the leaves depart on her current "I pray that your color will bring joy to the Mortal's hearts in the same way it does mine."

....It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on this website... I'm starting again mostly because I have the urge to draw digitally and my desktop computer has been giving me troubles lately....
if you look through my gallery I think you'll find a vast improvement since my previous works...

this was the very last human drawing I posted here... http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1345257500

I think you'll notice the difference xP

I realize there are still some errors with this piece... however I felt I could post it now as they would only be minor adjustments (Plus my hand is tired)...
This piece didn't take quite as long as it says...I'd knock off roughly 45 minutes for the period of time I left the drawing open while doing a few other things....

I'm also nervous about posting this in intermediate.... but I was told it would be worthy...so I guess I'll see what everyone else thinks =)

For a reference; I used a personal photo that I will not be sharing as it is of myself (The character does not look like me... I just used it to guide me... in fact I changed a lot of things xP)

Comments and critique would be AMAZING. I want to learn as much as I can about my artwork and what I can do to better it =)

Sorry for the long post; but I hope you enjoy!
Last edited by Alabaster_Flame on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let the fear of judgement keep you from being yourself.~Golden_Dawn

Sing your song, Don't be afraid to shine,
Stand out in the crowd, there's no need to be shy,
Realize your worth, don't accept the many lies.
Dream your heart out, then spread your wings and fly.
~Golden_Dawn
Alabaster_Flame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Breath of Autumn

Postby millennium. » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:00 am

This looks amazing!

𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 / πˆππ“π‰ / π“π‡π„π˜/π“π‡π„πŒ / 𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐓 / πŒπ„π“π€π‹π‡π„π€πƒ
millennium.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alabaster_Flame » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am

Aww; thanks =)
Don't let the fear of judgement keep you from being yourself.~Golden_Dawn

Sing your song, Don't be afraid to shine,
Stand out in the crowd, there's no need to be shy,
Realize your worth, don't accept the many lies.
Dream your heart out, then spread your wings and fly.
~Golden_Dawn
Alabaster_Flame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby millennium. » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 am

Golden_Dawn wrote:Aww; thanks =)

Your welcome! ^^

𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 / πˆππ“π‰ / π“π‡π„π˜/π“π‡π„πŒ / 𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐓 / πŒπ„π“π€π‹π‡π„π€πƒ
millennium.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me