Based on Click to view
Artist Saikiyo [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
72 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #237

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:18 pm

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:
+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Answer (and explain) this riddle (I made it up, there are no right answers): What is as free as the wind, yet as caged as a bird?

Aug 26 (something quick).
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #237

Postby Tsukiko-pyon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Syra wrote:♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Username;; Syra

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Name;; 静か 池
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Shizuka Ike
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Means: Quiet Pond

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Reasoning;;
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦I chose to name her "Quiet Pond" in Japapnese
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦because koi always remind me of Japan and because
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦her whole design feels very calm and balanced.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦She would go by Serenity in English, but prefers to
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦use the name she has from her native language, Japanese.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥My Answer;; Happiness
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦I believe that the answer is happiness, because when you
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦find joy in the inanimate, like love and kindness, it is
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦free like the wind, untouchable but ever able to be gained.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦However when you find your happiness through the
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦material, such as in the form of a bird, it is caged and
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦limited to how much you can obtain. In the end, it will not
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦really make you happy alone unless you are able to feel the
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦wind in your feathers as well and are thus able to sing.

♥Extra;; A Haiku for Her
Written by me, forgive any butchering of the language.
It's been a few years since my Japanese Classes.
Also, the English translation isn't 5-7-5, but the Japanese is.

♥Native Japanese♥
泳ぎ 前後
穏やか 波浪
静か 恋

♥Romanized Japanese♥
Oyogi Zengo
Odayaka Harou
Shizuka Koi

♥English Translation♥
Swimming Around
Gentle Waves
Quiet Love

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/237/2/7/mutato_237_small_by_tsukiko_pyon-d6jqfnb.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tsukiko-pyon on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Tsukiko-pyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smite » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:27 pm

reserved, it's so beautiful I think I think I died and then it revived me. yeah...it did. \OoO/
supposedly me
Hey!

You may call me Smite, anyways.
I love to help out as much as I can.
Just PM me if you would like me to
answer a questions, then again
there is also the general helpers.
Although if you have an important question
that you think I can't answer then do
and go right ahead and send a help ticket.
You will most likely get a great answer
that will help you out.

My Avatar Image Does Not
Belong to me and belongs to rightful owner.

Partly a work in progress.

Smite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

M i k u ❤ 美 空

Postby Puffee » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Username ;

Puffee

Name ;

Miku (美空)
        A Japanese name for girls meaning "beautiful sky".

Mi (美)
        A Japanese name for girls meaning "beautiful". This is Miku's nickname, as Mi is a part of Miku. However Mi is a name as itself, so I thought I should put the meaning here.

Reason ;

When I think of this Mutato, I think of koi fish. And when I think of kois, I think of Japan. Therefore, this Mutato reminds me of Japan. So I thought it fitting to give her a Japanese name. I found the name Miku, and decided to use it for it's sound/look and meaning. The meaning, beautiful sky, reminds me of this Mutato. How, you ask, considering this Mutato is water-based if anything? Because of the contest. In the riddle the two things mentioned are both related to the sky, birds and wind. Both of these can be found in the air around us, thy sky. And of course, this Mutato is beautiful, so why not chuck that in there too?

As for her nickname, Mi, this was chosen because I think she is beautiful, just like her name meaning. I also simply love the sound of it.

Answer ;

Imagination.

Let your imagination run wild.
        It's as free as the wind.
        Endless possibilities, there are no limits! You can create anything, to anything, be anything. You are the ruler, what you say, goes. You have no boundaries, whatever you can possibly think of. You are in control, you have unlimited freedom. You can imagine anything. Nothing is impossible!

But imagination is trapped. Trapped inside of you, and only you. Only you can imagine the things in your head. No one can ever think the exact same things. Only you can get the picture you have. Everyone else's versions will vary. Words nor images can describe it. They can come close, but nothing as amazing and free as to what you will see.

Then again, not all birds are caged.
        Perhaps, your imagination, could become a reality...
Last edited by Puffee on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Puffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Your Username:
Violet & Ivy

Name of the Mutato:
Minnow

Reason for choosing the name:
I named him Minnow because while seeing this picture I remembered a pond that I used to visit and while in the front the koi fish would wait for food, if you looked closer you'd spot the little minnows darting around like little shadows. I used to think that the kois were always getting too much attention so I'd try giving food out to the minnows instead. Needless to say I've always held a soft spot for the little guys. <3

Answer this riddle: What is as free as the wind, yet as caged as a bird?
Your dreams. They are boundless and can take on many forms. You strive for them and work hard to achieve them. But when there is fear or despair, the dreams become caged and tethered unable to prosper or grow. Unable to reach the heights you once wished for yourself. And slowly but surely they become more and more forgotten until finally you don't remember what you once dreamed for. A despaired or fearful dream.
Last edited by Wileyfangs on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:12 pm

My username: tawnypelt3 ._.

Mutato name: Ashok Sundari

Reason: Might wanna look it up. c; Please take note, this name has everything to do with her personality, and certainly a bit to do with her stunning appearance.

Extra: I choose personality. She is very caring, very empathetic. She is quite sincere, pure, and wishes no harm to anyone. She does have faults however: she can be a little bit envious at times, and often impatient. She can't stand it when she catches herself exhibiting bad thoughts or behavior. She wants to be good, all the time. She wants everyone to be at friendly and at peace, though she knows it isn't entirely possible. She's soft-spoken and pacifistic; she will only raise her voice, pleading, to attempt to stop some sort of violence or badness.

What is as free as the wind, yet as caged as a bird?
I have to say myself a flag. They can fly forever, but they can never leave the flagpole. They're doomed to forever fly in place. The same can go for those little foam thingies people put on car antennas. I have a Nemo (you know, Finding Nemo) one; he can go everwhere I go, but he will always be stuck on that antenna, able only to see things from afar.
Last edited by tawnypelt3 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syra » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 pm

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Username;; Syra

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Name;; 静か 池
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Shizuka Ike
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Means: Quiet Pond

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥Reasoning;;
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦I chose to name her "Quiet Pond" in Japapnese
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦because koi always remind me of Japan and because
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦her whole design feels very calm and balanced.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦She would go by Serenity in English, but prefers to
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦use the name she has from her native language, Japanese.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♥My Answer;; Happiness
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦I believe that the answer is happiness, because when you
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦find joy in the inanimate, like love and kindness, it is
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦free like the wind, untouchable but ever able to be gained.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦However when you find your happiness through the
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦material, such as in the form of a bird, it is caged and
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦limited to how much you can obtain. In the end, it will not
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦really make you happy alone unless you are able to feel the
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦wind in your feathers as well and are thus able to sing.

♥Extra;; A Haiku for Her
Written by me, forgive any butchering of the language.
It's been a few years since my Japanese Classes.
Also, the English translation isn't 5-7-5, but the Japanese is.

♥Native Japanese♥
泳ぎ 前後
穏やか 波浪
静か 恋

♥Romanized Japanese♥
Oyogi Zengo
Odayaka Harou
Shizuka Koi

♥English Translation♥
Swimming Around
Gentle Waves
Quiet Love
Leaving this account.
I just... need a clean start.
Syra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cayla » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Answer (and explain) this riddle (I made it up, there are no right answers): What is as free as the wind, yet as caged as a bird?
Cayla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chickadee;; » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Amg, beautiful.;w; Reserve with the answer "a child".
    happy easter;;
      i am currently seeking all tokens and all token-brought items/pets.<3
    token count;;
      Image x25 Image x40 Image x44 Image x48
      overpaying for any tokens, hugely overpaying for pink/bulk pokeadot ones.;w;
chickadee;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Your Username: booklover789

Name of the Mutato: Koi

Reason for Choosing the Name: Koi are a type of beautifully colored fish. They remind me of Asia, Japan in particular. When I looked at this Mutato's beautiful design, I couldn't help but be reminded of the koi fish.

Answer (and Explain) This Riddle (I Made it up, There are no Right Answers): What is as free as the wind, yet as caged as a bird? Humans. While we have the freedom to do whatever we want, there may be consequences to doing what we want.
You need money in a bad way, but don't want to work for it, so you go and rob a bank. The consequence to that action is usually being arrested by the police and possibly thrown in jail.
But let's look at a different example. Let's say you'd like to ride your bike to school, so you do so. Only, there are no bike lanes where you live, so you either have to ride in the street or on the sidewalk. Both of these actions may have repercussions. If you choose to ride in the street, you may be hit by a car. If you choose to ride on the sidewalk, you may injure a pedestrian. If you're careful, you won't hurt anyone or get hurt yourself, but your actions may still have repercussions further down the road.
Those both have negative outcomes - let's look at some positive ones.
You have a job at a company, and are trying to get a raise. You get the raise, and move up in position, eventually being offered second in command. You would take that job in a heartbeat, if not for another job opportunity that just became present to you. Job #1 - you'll be second in command, with all the benefits that that particular job includes (three months paid vacation out of the entire year, authority to order others around, etc.). Job #2 - You won't be second in command, but you'll certainly be close. You'll get all the benefits associated with the job (two weeks paid vacation out of the entire year, money for your kids'/spouses' schooling (college, trade school, etc.), etc.). They're nearly identical, and both offer what you're looking for in a job. Both bosses are nice, and you'd get along well with either of them. In this situation, you'd have to pick between two good options - but you still have to choose.

While we, as humans, have the freedom to do whatever we want, oftentimes doing what we want ends up in our ruin, or to our disadvantage. While most of the time we're happy, choosing correctly for our current lifestyles, at some point in every person's life that person will come upon a decision similar to the ones I listed above. That person will have to choose. And what that person chooses then affects his or her life forever.

1 Corinthians 6:12-20 - KJV wrote: All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient...
Last edited by booklover789 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups