Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Eleyas Elfdragon Adoptables by Eleya

Artist Eleya [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Eleyas Elfdragon Adoptables

Postby Eleya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 am

Welcome to
Eleyas Elfdragon Adoptables

About Elfdragons
They are part of a story of mine, and I wanted to make some adoptables of them.

History
A very long time ago, elves and dragons were fighting against each other. To stop that fight, one dragon breed decided to work with the elves. The dragons would allow elves to ride them, and keep their ennemies distant. In return, the elves would stop attacking the other dragon breeds. The elves agreed, and those dragons were named Elfdragons.
Most of the other dragons didn't like this, but they also stopped attacking elves. But they would never let anyone ride on their backs. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

Gender specific details
Males have longer horns than females (the one displayd is a male one). Also the tail tip arrow is larger on a male.

Food
Elfdragons hunt for deers or other animals in this size. Sometimes they also hunt for wild horses, unicorns, or wild bulls. When deers are rare, they will also hunt big birds.

Colours
They can have any colour and any markings. This wasnt always possible, but the longer they lived with the elves, the more colours the could have.

Genetics
Every dragon will have genetics set up. Mostly only the dominant ones are shown. It will look like this: C(the base colour) M(what markings/colour of the markings) H(colour of the horns and claws) W(main colour of the wings). If anyone wants to show the recessive ones too, do it like this:
Dominant: C(xxx) M(xx/xx) H(xx) W(xx)
Recessive: c(xx) m(xx/xx) h(xx) w(xx)

How to adopt
Adopting is always free. You might have to draw something though, or just answer a question. What ever comes to my (or any other artists) mind.

Rules
- all Tess' rules apply
- be nice to each other
- accept it, when you didnt win the Elfdragon you tried on
- you may ask to be an artist, but accept a no
- have fun :)

Breeding
Breeding is up now.
The first breedings will all be free. Just give me the names, and the link, of the wanted parentes. Id prefere, if at least one of them is yours. Please ask the owner if you want to breed with another players dragon. Send a quote of the permission to me, or tell me to ask the owner. Yeah well, thats all for now. Might edit this later.

Ill start making some dragons tomorrow. Its simply to late now...
Last edited by Eleya on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eleyas Elfdragon Adoptables

Postby Eleya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 am

Artists

How to get one
Im not looking for one right now, but you might ask. I will have a look at your gallery then. If I like what I see, you can make up to three dragons. One you can keep, but please make the others adoptable. If I still like your work, and you are still interested, you can get a permanent artist.

What to do
Colour them, as you like, but never remove my signature.
Keep the gender specific details in mind. Don't add Horns f. to a male one, or Horns m. to a female.
Put up your own "challenges" for people that want to adopt the dragon, or just take one of mine.
Set up the genetics. They might be important for breeding.
Be nice to everyone.

Current Artists
Eleya
Saphira344
Wolfdoggirl (guest artist)

At the moment, we dont need any more artists. But if Elfdragons get more popular, Ill accept some more.

Customs
Closed at the moment... I dont realy have time to do them...
Last edited by Eleya on Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 pm

oh wow, this dragon adopt looks amazing <3 i can never draw legs*is totaly jelose of your dragon leg drawing skills*
Check out this awsome streamer
Adorable pokemon gif's, click to go to the makers deviantart profile.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Well yes. Its pretty scary how good those legs turned out... I was never good at drawing any kind of legs^^
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm

i cant draw legs for sqwat :( feet i can draw ok, its just the part joining it onto the body i fail with so most of the time i give up or use the tail to hid it. but thise adopts legs look awsome nice job, same with the head and wings :)
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Oh, I totaly fail at drawing feet... And hands, If I try drawing humans. Once I tried to draw a car, and guess what, when it has no feet, I fail at drawing wheels... My problem with the legs is, I mostly make to long ones... or to short. But perfect length is nearly impossible.
Thanks again :) Those wings nearly got me crazy (and I still dont like them).
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 pm

You realy don't like the wings? Well maybe try attaching the wing membran further down on the body? Would that work,do you think?

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am

Yes, I dont realy like them... Its not the form of the total wing, or the membran. Those thin bones are the problem. They just didnt turn out as I wanted them. Way to unsteady... Well, Im not that good at drawing with the tablet now, but its way better than with the mouse.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 am

I can't draw with a tablet at all,I tryed once but it kept changeing the pencel line to white,on a white background -.- so I gave up and went back to a mouse,wish I could draw well though but practice makes perfect right.

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

Okay... thats strange. I can totally understand you gave up. I also gave up first. Have this tablet for two or three years now, but I didnt use it. I tried, when I got it, but what I drew then looked so bad, I just didnt try again. A few days ago, I tried again, and had so much fun, I use it more often now.
Yes, practice makes perfect. Thats why I keep drawing, even when it doesnt turn out perfect right now.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me