─ by gap

Based on Click to view
Artist gap [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Postby gap » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 am

Last edited by gap on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bridion #5

Postby incarna » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 pm

username;; Absynthe
name;; Nozumo Ryo, or just "Ryo".
    reason for name;; "Nozumo Ryo" means 'distant wish' in Japanese. It has much to do with his personality and history.
"Because he was told it could never happen..."

gender;; Male
    reason for gender;; I just couldn't see him any other way.
personality;; Ryo is a dreamer. He likes simple things like sleeping on the grass and watching the clouds go by while waiting for a friend, and listening to the wind as he falls asleep. Ryo is a loyal friend - he will willingly give up his life for someone he loves and trusts. He is usually seen as a cheerful person, though sometimes his eyes are distant. That is the time where even though he's right next to you, his mind is far away. As a great lover of fantasy Ryo enjoys the arts very much - such as poetry or writing tales of far away places. Most of all though, Ryo is an adventurer! This can surprise you because he might not seem fit for the job, but ever since a certain something happened, he never could stay in those customary five Bridion packs. If his friends were willing to come, he'll let them into his company, for sure. But he is fine with traveling alone if his has to. He wasn't always alone though. Not so long ago, his brother Tomi was still with him...
Ryo has wanted to experience all the world has to offer, be it good or bad. War, poverty, hunger, never having a dry place to sleep.Yet also sunshine, a friend's smile, the sound of a musical harp and acceptance. And when he isn't in his "dreaming mode", Ryo is wide awake and a great leader. He isn't very afraid to stand up for himself, and although he doesn't know himself, he likes the the adrenaline rush of a good fight.
    reason for personality;; What made the Bridion so appealing to me was his eyes,and his "refreshing" color scheme. For some odd, or not so odd reason, the pale blue of his eyes and how it matched so nicely with his pelt inspired his laidback, happy and adventurous personality.
"That was how..."

history;; The story of this Bridion begins not so long ago... with his brother, Nozumo Tomi.
"Tomi! Wait!" The Bridion's cool, pale blue eyes turned to look at his otou-san, father, as he limped quickly toward him. The old, graying creature had a defeated look in his eyes, and when paired with the revealing moonlight made him a pitiful thing indeed.
"Yes?" Tomi asked, with a smirk when his father finally reached him on the top of the hill.
"B...Before you go... Grant your ka-san and tou-san one last wish. I beg of you, as your father... take your brother with you." Seeing the Bridion before him lift an eyebrow, he quickly added, "Your mother is-"
"Dead." Tomi said flatly. The old Bridion flinched, shuffling his thin paws. "Yes. And I am past the point where I can care for him as he should be."
"Then get some other Bridion to join your little group. He's your problem, not mine, and right now you're delaying me." The patience in Tomi snapped, and when his feeble excuse of a father looked at him, trying to process the information, he swept in and back out, letting a dark stream of lifeblood dribble onto the grass.
"Why. He got my fur all stained too." With a sadistic frown, Tomi rasped his tongue over his paws, lapping away the wet blood that would soon dry. The blowing breeze was suddenly cold, and he shivered despite his thick fur.Calm down! He was going to die anyway.
Still, after his paws were cleaned, the Bridion could not shake the feeling that was sparking his his chest. It was not as much about what he had just done, but something else that he could not name... No, not quite...
A twig cracked and Tomi whipped around snarling, his dark gray pelt like a monster in the night. His pale eyes searched with a blazing fire. This was it. Something was here, with him, and it had seen what he had done. The sparks that had been tingling in his body sizzled as if they were trying to burn through, and Tomi growled more ferociously than he ever had before.
"Come out! Fool, come out of the shadows!"
Nothing moved, and it was almost like nothing had happened if he had not heard the soft noise of breathing. Pinpointing the spot and movement in under a split second, he leapt onto the intruder and poised his teeth over where the neck should be-
A whimper and the most annoying yet familiar squeal made him wince, and blink rapidly. Tomi gazed in mock horror when he saw the shivering form of his brother there, beneath the bushes, yelping like a miserable fool.
"Bloody hell! What are you doing, trying to scare the living lights out of me?" Tomi muttered under his breath, then mentally thrashing himself for his instinct to refrain from cursing in front of his bro.
"Ani... san?" Said the small voice, and for the first time Tomi looked down at the tiny figure, narrowed eyes draining in every aspect. He takes after his mother, thought the Bridion, while he himself gained the dark pelt and symbols of their father along with his dark amber tail fluff. The only thing you would suspect that the two Bridions were related were their surprisingly beautiful, pale blue eyes and horns.
"Ni-san?" said the voice again, and Tomi blinked back through his daydream, and he now fixed those blue eyes on his brother. "What did you do to father?"
Ah. The innocence of childhood. "He is gone," Tomi purred. "And you are alone now."
But the young Bridion seemed unfazed. "But I'm not alone! I have ni-san!" Tomi refused to balk, though his eyes were glittering dangerously now.
"Your ni-san doesn't have anyone. So you do not have ni-san." He growled, but the other kept talking.
"But ni-san is right here! He's talking to me now, too. I don't know what ni-san did to father, but he's here, so I'm not alone!"
"You..."
"...Right?" Tears were welling up in the other Bridion's eyes, like large clear orbs in which his shallow sadness was held. The single word cut through Tomi like how many Bridion's claws had cut through him as they fought, but this cut hurt more.
A lot more. Tomi studied the other's face, now with a characteristic smirk and wave of his tail.
"Damn brat..." he muttered, and began to walk downhill, the opposite side of which his father had came up not so long before.
"Do what you want, brat! Just remember that I'm not technically in charge of you."
The Bridion's eyes lit up like a torch and he stood up, bounding across the hill (giving only a wary glance at his father's still body), catching up to Tomi in a flash. The young Bridion smiled. "Call me Ryo, ni-san!"
"Hmph, brat, I know your name. Give me that much credit, will you?" But despite himself, his mouth jerked into a half smile. A distant wish, huh...
So the two Bridions went away, to far away places, for a very long time to come. They faced dangers and hardships, but also gained a slightly warped friendship. And Ryo never felt too compelled to ask about what happened to their father. If they got close to speaking about that, some look in his brother's eyes would cause the cheerful little Bridion to change the subject...

comments on history;; I hope you don't mind me creating another Bridion in the story. I'm probably going to ask for a custom anyway, if you don't mind (if I win this one that is c:).
"He became strong."

about me: engineering + art + rp
    comms: closed :)
    collecting: any and all 2018 circus items; wl snakes and foxes
    talk to me about: anything d&d, art, art trades, blorbos
    other sites: tumblr
incarna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes