Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

how to get better at drawing by haemon

Artist haemon [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

how to get better at drawing

Postby haemon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:53 am

hello my name is despairfever and today i am going to teach u how to get better at drawing art

1) dont care about what others think. always remind yourself that ur not drawing for anyone except yourself.
2) dO n T YOU DARE STEAL SOMEONE ELSES STYLE COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!! DONT YOU DO IT IM SERIOUS. you will nEver be able to draw like your favorite artist and yes that sucks but thats the truth. the secret about copying and stealing as an artist is that you steal small things, and almost feed it to ur style. keep experimenting until you are satisfied
3) you will get critic and theres a chance you will get hate. too????Bad?????? almost everything about this post will be relating to number one. critic is good, hate is also good because it will and sHOUld motivate you!!!
4) draw whatever you want. u should be able to enjoy whatever you draw. sparkles???? cool. naked people??? okay. anime???? sweet. i stg if you dont think not caring about what others think isnt important then youve got that wrong.
5) if youre like me and dont want to listen to what others suggest you should do then just put a hand up to their mouth and politely tell them "no thanks. im good."
6) bad at anatomy?? same. but one thing you can do is yes, dont do this with others art, but trace shutterstock pictures or whatever stock pictures you can find. just practice and fiddle around what makes you most comfortable drawing like and note: do NOT post your traced shutterstock pictures. once you get the hang of things you should be able to draw without tracing easily. but this is not encouraging tracing or coloring others art that is BAD and we do not do that

She/her | Adult
haemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me