Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Hyrattoid by Eleya

Artist Eleya [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Eleya

Hyrattoid

Postby Eleya » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

Yay, second Oekaki done :D Those are a species of mine. Name says all. They are hybrids between hyenas and rats.

Some facts about them:
They are carnivores, and always hunting with their pack. Mostly they hunt for smaller animals, like rabbits, birds, wild goats or small kinds of deers. But when the pack grows to over 20 members, they start hunting for normal deers, and might even attack humans. Hyrattoids live in the forest. Like hyenas, they have a female leader. Their packs have usually a size of 10 to 15 members. Young ones are chased away, and have to look for a different pack or build a new one. Loners are mostly welcome, if they dont attack the leader. A female hyrattoid gives birth to a maximum of three cubs. The whole pack takes care of them, until they are 2 years old.
Hyrattoids grow to a maximum of 70cm. But those are only the very big ones. An ordinary hyrattoid is something between 50cm and 60cm high. The longer the fur on the back, the more dominant is the hyrattoid.
Colours:
They nearly always have markings. Spotts, stripes, or at least a "wolf coat". Its very rare to see one thats simply black or any other colour. Their fur is always colourd in any natural colours, like all kinds of brown, black, white grey, and so on. The hair on their back is mostly darker than the normal fur. Its nearly the same as with the length, the more dark, the better. There are hyrattoids with lighter back fur, but they are considered weak and unattractive.

If there is anything missing, just tell me.
I might make this an editable Oekaki later, but only if people are interested in...
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me