Mutato #151 by Sphye

Based on Click to view
Artist Sphye [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #151

Postby Sphye » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Well, here's my first mutato as guest artist!

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:
+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+Mutato's favorite sort of treasure

End Date is August 4th

Congratulations, Makoto Tachibana!
Last edited by Sphye on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #151

Postby Akami-chan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Makoto Tachibana wrote:
.:~Username~:.
Makoto Tachibana

.:~Name of Mutato~:.
Personally, I would dub thy Mutato "Vega Dantes".

.:~And Your Reason for Selecting This Name?~:.
The main purpose of naming this cute little creature Vega Dantes is because it also happens to be the name (or really, names) of two favorite book characters of mine. The first character's name is Count Vega, also known as Pirate Prince of the Cluster Isles. Yeah. Pirate Prince. You can assume where I'm going with this. Vega is by far one of my favorite characters ever, both because of his clever tactics and charming attitude. The guy is just... Well, to describe as best I can in a simple way: pure, uncontaminated, awesome. And, speaking of charming attitudes, time to explain the other half of his name- Dantes. After picking a character from a rather modern, still ongoing book series, I decided to go back to the classics. Dantes is referffing to Edmond Dantes, the main character of "The Count of Monte Cristo". The book is a story of a man wrongly imprisoned who then escapes his dungeon and goes off in search of treasure, lying hidden in the Isle of Monte Cristo for many generations. There's just something about Edmond's honest, intelligent, and straightforward nature that make me appeal to him.

.:~Favorite Treasure~:.
This ambitious Mutato's favorite sort of treasure is that of which must be searched for. Free gifts and easily obtained profits do not exist in the realm of the sea; you either work to reach your goals, or you have been blessed by Lady Luck herself. Vega doesn't count on being chanced with such fortune, though, and he thinks that it's in his best interest to keep working until he gets what he wants. There's always just a certain amount of satisfaction he gets, knowing that which he has obtained was through his effort and enduring pursuit. After going on a long and tiresome journey, the reward is all worth it to him.

.:~Extra - Poem~:.
Sadly, 'tis late at night, so I'll write it tomorrow. Don't want it to come out sloppy :3.
So, WIP for now!

You think you can handle the ocean?
When yet you have much to prove.
A little tip, better still, a notion,
You've got a long way to go and improve.

The waves trying to drag with them you,
While you struggle to keep your head high.
For now your friend, and your enemy, is blue,
But water is always a true sailor's ally.

Many look for lost and hidden treasure,
Most return, pockets empty, hope gone.
There are few that return home with pleasure,
For the others, misfortune cast upon.

A dog of the sea is nowhere free,
You sell yourself to the waters, alone.
No one else can hear your urgent plea,
So don't falter, make the waters your own.

Still think you can take on the ocean?
Go ahead, show us wrong on your search.
You certainly seem to have the devotion,
At sea, don't let your confidence lurch.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/209/c/7/mutato_151_small_by_akai_umi-d6fj1m1.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Akami-chan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Akami-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yuketsu » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 pm

I want a Mutato!
Your Username: Thistlestar, a little inside fact but, I chose this username because I loved the warrior cat Thistleclaw and I wished he would become leader, so why not Thistlestar?

Name of the Mutato: Takara

Reason for choosing the name: Takara means Treasure in Japanese because, this Mutato is a treasure to me while being themed with Pirates and Treasure. I like how the name has two meanings, kind of makes its special to me.

Mutato's favorite sort of treasure: Its favorite sorts of treasure is platinum because it is a beautiful and majestic element, while being rarer than gold or silver! But the most favorite treasure of all time is love, love from its new owner.

Other: This is my first Mutato so good luck! And so far, I love this one the most! So gorgeous!

Lol sorry if I posted before the Mutato got here, I really love these guys when I first saw them! They are epic! Keep up the good work!BTW, this is the best mutato I have seen! I am in love with it!
Last edited by yuketsu on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
x盯著我幹嘛?你有什麼目的!
bestie | senpai | valorant fanclub
chinese, christian, registered nurse
my shops: art | character designs
yuketsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peachpie1164 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:59 pm

+Your Username
peachpie1164

+Name of the Mutato

Captain Luff

++Reason for choosing the name
Named after Luffy from One Piece! Except without the y! Luffy is a pirate arrr!

+Mutato's favorite sort of treasure
His Friends and Family, He will protect them with his life.
Hello~ I'm Peachpie1164~
Feel free to call me, Peach/y, Tao,
or anything else. My PM's are
always open and I'm always up for
a chat~
Peachpie1164

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby philocalist » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 am

::username:: Hypono&Kattna
    ::name:: Nigel Skullcrack
    ::name reason:: I really don't know, for me it just seems to fit him, and I just picked it off from a generator.
    ::favorite treasure:: His favorite treasure, is his ship. He doesn't seem to care about anything else, but that.
    ::art location:: [url]x[/url]

Dropping out. :c
Last edited by philocalist on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philocalist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:00 am

W I p
username;; Blue ruby
name;;
name reason;;
::favorite treasure;;
::art location:: [url]x[/url]
Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oh-J » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi! My name is rockstaxr or you can call me Rockie.
This little thing would be named Awilda. The name come froms a 5th century Scandinavian pirate that dressed up along with some of her female friends as a sailor and commandeered a ship.
Her favorite kind or sort of treasure is treasure that comes from a foreign land. Where the stautes are made of gold and there is mounds of deblumes far as thee eye can see.
EXTRA~You are a pirate!
    colorful hair don't care
Oh-J

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby herald. » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Makoto Tachibana

The main purpose of naming this cute little creature Vega Dantes is because it also happens to be the name (or really, names) of two favorite book characters of mine. The first character's name is Count Vega, also known as Pirate Prince of the Cluster Isles. Yeah. Pirate Prince. You can assume where I'm going with this. Vega is by far one of my favorite characters ever, both because of his clever tactics and charming attitude. The guy is just... Well, to describe as best I can in a simple way: pure, uncontaminated, awesome. And, speaking of charming attitudes, time to explain the other half of his name- Dantes. After picking a character from a rather modern, still ongoing book series, I decided to go back to the classics. Dantes is referffing to Edmond Dantes, the main character of "The Count of Monte Cristo". The book is a story of a man wrongly imprisoned who then escapes his dungeon and goes off in search of treasure, lying hidden in the Isle of Monte Cristo for many generations. There's just something about Edmond's honest, intelligent, and straightforward nature that make me appeal to him.

This ambitious Mutato's favorite sort of treasure is that of which must be searched for. Free gifts and easily obtained profits do not exist in the realm of the sea; you either work to reach your goals, or you have been blessed by Lady Luck herself. Vega doesn't count on being chanced with such fortune, though, and he thinks that it's in his best interest to keep working until he gets what he wants. There's always just a certain amount of satisfaction he gets, knowing that which he has obtained was through his effort and enduring pursuit. After going on a long and tiresome journey, the reward is all worth it to him.

Sadly, 'tis late at night, so I'll write it tomorrow. Don't want it to come out sloppy :3.
So, WIP for now!

▌█
      x
      x
      ▌█
      xif i close my eyes again,

xcome 'and' wake me up.

x(can i reach you by 'clos

xing my eyes?)'───── ✦
      x

kimbapjae-bby
      █▐

█▐

herald.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saeli » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am

This mutato is cute, so congratz to whoever wins it :3.
Saeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Makoto Tachibana wrote:
Makoto Tachibana

So, WIP for now!

Congratulations, Makoto Tachibana! You have won this Mutato!
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me