Based on Click to view
Artist Viego [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
110 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mutato #134

Postby Viego » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 am

What is a Mutato?

In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

I'm willing to critique your form if you pm me asking about specific parts of the form.

You may add one extra
Things you must include:
+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato
++Reason for choosing the name
+What does the Mutato like to do when it rains:

Ends on August 5th

Finish your forms by the 8th

congratulations Caskett
Last edited by Viego on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀
I want to eradicate all
unsolved mysteries
from⠀⠀⠀⠀this⠀⠀⠀⠀world
◤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀◥
todd or viego
nby lesbian • any/purr

uma storagewermz

◣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀◢

and bring happiness to
𝔼 𝕍 𝔼 ℝ 𝕐 𝕆 ℕ 𝔼
Viego

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mutato #134

Postby Tsukiko-pyon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Caskett wrote:

☂ Username;;
Caskett

☂ Mutato's name;;
Sosogu, but she likes to go by Sosa

☂ Reason for picking name:
I picked this name because it means "pour" in Japanese (like rain pouring form the clouds ^^ ). When I was younger, I used to love to watch Hayao Miazaki movies, which were Japanese Anime movies drawn without using computers. The scenes when it rained were absolutely stunning, and the beautiful colors and details of this Mutato reminded me of them.

☂ When it rains, Sosa loves to go outside and sit in a tree with an umbrella and her sketchbook. She loves the way the world looks when it is blanketed by tiny droplets, and can spend hours drawing everything she can see. From leaves, to the sidewalk, to even a person, she tries her best to convey the beauty that the rain opens up in everything. Someday she wants to be an animator, and draw beautiful pictures for everyone to see, but for now she is content to draw in the rain.

☂ Extra: A story about Sosogu, in the rain. If you'd rather not read it, it's just what happens to her one day when she goes for a walk.

The rain poured. More like spit, actually, although that was less romantic. It fell from the sky with a force, a purpose; the ground was its only destination, and anyone who got in the way was going to have to fight to get where they wanted to. Sosa was curled in a tree, sketchbook in lap, gazing out at the world from under her umbrella, which was positioned on the branch above her so that she could remain dry. Mostly. The pattering filled her ears, a pleasant thrum, and a coolness filled her body, from her toes to her eartips, a calmness that could only be brought by the rain. She traced abstract patterns in her sketchbook, which was getting a little brittle from being occasionally dropped in puddles, and looked around for something to draw. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, Sosogu saw a rabbit. White-tufted, a little muddy, and with red eyes that glanced wildly around before it disappeared under the bushes. Without a second thought, Sosa hopped from her tree to the ground, keeping her sketchbook tightly against her side, and flew after the rabbit into the trees.

At first, in the forest, everything was quiet. The leaves, far overhead, distilled the noise of the rain, and little of it reached the ground, except for the occasional drip. It was dark, and smelled like wet earth. Soon, though, she could hear crickets chirping, animals moving around the trees, birds twittering from their hidden perches. As the earth slowly revealed itself, Sosa became more and more aware of the beauty that was in nature, if one could just slow down enough for it to be shown to them. Rabbit forgotten, she leaned against a rough-barked tree, pulled out her book and pencil, and set to work drawing everything that sang with the rain.

Image Image
Image Image

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/204/9/3/mutato_134_small_by_tsukiko_pyon-d6eu1vn.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tsukiko-pyon on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Tsukiko-pyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulpine-Poltergeist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Username: Wolf_Bringer_1999
Name: Sheer
Reason: Well, night reminds me of cold, and since I like pokemon, I'd name this little fella after a Pokemon ability/move- Sheer cold.
What does it do when it rains? Run outside, of course! Sheer loves getting wet, and will just sit like a stone duck outside in the rain, especially at night.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
We're a system, but most of us are just here for the pets!
Vulpine-Poltergeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucifer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:53 pm

+Your Username: cat0103
+Name of the Mutato: Burza
++Reason for choosing the name: Burza (burr-za) is a Polish word meaning rain, or storm. I am Polish and I believe that it is a beautiful language, and this beautiful creature deserves a blissful name.
+What does the Mutato like to do when it rains: Burza likes to run outside and fly around. She will dance and sing, unlike others who hide inside and shelter from the storm. Rain is her best friend.
Lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Username:
'Ello, I'm DragonInAPiBox, but I really prefer
being called Kaycee, as that is my name
and what all my friends call me. :3 I would be
very interested in making this Mutato my first. <3

Name:
This Mutato's name would be Ame (ah-May),
which is a Japenese term for 'rain'. I know it
may not be to original, as she is clearly based
off rain, but I find it to be a beautiful and simple
name that fits perfectly. <3 Especially with her
-not so simple- design. :3

Why This Name?:
Well, as I mentioned above I think it's a really pretty,
but really simple name. <3 After all, this little girl is
clearly based off rain, or something related, so it fits
perfectly. I also have a huge soft spot for Japanese names...
heh.

What Ame Does In The Rain:
After much thought, I finally made my decision. <3

Ame's favorite thing to do when it's raining is
go swimming. Not normal swimming, like going
to the lake or anything, more like her own little
way of swimming.

To be precise, Ame loves pacing through puddles
when she's not flying. Since she can't help how much
she paces, she always tries finding a puddle to do it in.

Sometimes she'll even get a little carried away...
and start splashing~! And jumping, and rolling, and
by now she's soaking wet. Therefore she likes to call
it swimming. :3

Extra;;
Theme Song:
I wanted to do something special for my
extra, but I don't really have time for art
since I'm going to camp soon.

So, I decided to choose a theme song. <3
This way, I could give you a better idea
about what Ame's personality is~! :3

Without further Ado, I present to you;
Raindrops -- Nightcored

((Sorry couldn't find the original. ^^; I heard
it on my DSi once and this was the closest I
could find, but I really want to find the
original...))
Last edited by foxxbreath on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm

{Hello, I'm rabbit448. Most people just call me rabbit though. c:}
{I've decided to name her Amaya. It is of Japanese origin which means 'night rain'. It's pronounced A-may-a}

The reason I chose this name for this mutato is because I think it seems fitting. I think it fits her because the top is taking place at night with a full moon shining bright. Then the bottom has a scene of rain, the shot of when rain is thundering on the pavement. So hence the name, night rain.
When it rains, what Amaya likes to do most is dance. The rain is her music, her beat, her rhythm when she dances. She likes to spin and twirl under the stormy grey clouds. She prances and jumps into the puddles of water that fell from the sky. Her cloud covered evenings are filled with pirouettes in the rain. Amaya likes the feeling of expressing herself with dancing. She dances when she's happy and when she's sad. This little mutato likes to do a range of dance like ballet, tap, anything! It doesn't matter what kind of dance she does as long as she can dance her little heart out.
Click!
Last edited by rabbit... on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:39 pm

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE THIS :D
ImageImageImageImage
merthur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyx. » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

username ;;
Nyx.

the name ;;
Aello

name reason ;;
the name means storm swift/whirlwind; it was the name of one of the Harpies in Greek Mythology.

during the rain ;;
sit outside somewhere to watch the rain and listen to the thunder.

possible wip
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
beauty queen on a silver screen
living life like i'm in a dream
i know i've got a big ego
i really don't know why it's such a big deal though

hello darling
my name is roxanna
***i like to be called roxy
and i am gonna be a star
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
friend code;; 1521-4184-6357
♥ transferring legendaries & starters to pkmn x ♥
nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ikara

Postby Kaluga » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Eek! <3<3<3
Clickie please :P V
http://william.hoza.us/text/?t=Ikara
8-)
Me? I'm JayzPF. Please call me Jay, Glory, or Ray.
8-)

:D
If I were to win this lovely lady, I would bestow upon her the title Ikara.
:D

:lol:
My reasoning behind this is that at first glance, the Oekaki struck me as wintry and cold. The tail image left no doubt in my mind: a snowy scene only fits in Winter. The body image of rain reminded me of the cold, penetrating water that beats down on you. Because of this, I was inspired to head to Google Translate and look around for the work "Cold" in different languages to make it seem fancier and meaningful. None of the vocabulary fit, so I flung "Cold" away and searched "Shiver" instead. Almost instantly, I saw the perfect name. Ikara. It means shiver, as you already know, and is of the Basque language. What a fitting name! I thought, and instantly knew that it suited this genteel and complex darling. It also seemed to match the cold insecurity of her exquisite liquid silver eyes. And I think it's a really pretty name XD
:lol:

:clap:
The lovely lady Ikara enjoys damp weather the most out of all the outdoor conditions. She absolutely adores the feel of wet drips soaking her to her very bones because it is her living essence. She needs water to survive. Maybe not physically, but most definitely mentally. Without heavy water-laden skin she feels like she will shrivel up. When the clouds come rolling in, this intelligent Mutato heads over to the nearest convenient body of water. She always makes sure that the pool is shallow enough for her to stand in it with her head above water, because if it wasn't she would drown. Next, she would lie down on the bottom surface, completely submerged, and open her eyes to stare at the sky distorted by the churning liquid. If you've ever been in an outdoor pool during a rainstorm, you might be able to understand why she becomes raptured by the round ripples that occur when a droplet hits the pond. Ikara can hold her breath for 5 minutes at a time, and when that time is up it is crucial that she returns to the surface to breathe. She likes to boast that she has the self control required for such a feat, and she is right. There is little more interesting to me than the habits of this Mutato.
:clap:

:mrgreen:
http://tinypic.com/r/2cdykbb/5
Here it is! I hope you like it, I spent about 4 hours on it <3 It's so blue because you are seeing her from an aerial point of view and the water's scattering blue particles makes her seem bluer :) It's supposed to be a picture of her lying on her back in a puddle watching raindrops hit the surface like I said she does above. The text says, "The 'Rapture of the Deep'; I find Peace in it." <3
:mrgreen:

Thanks for reading my admittedly long form! <3 I have to say, I have never quite wanted a a mutato as much as I do this one :) I'm kind of sad that we can only do one extra :( She's absolutely gorgeous and I would love her and make art of her forever. And wait until I'm not Coppa'd so I can shove her in my siggie and surround her with rain and flowers <3 Good luck everyone! I see some awesome forms! *crosses fingers*
Last edited by Kaluga on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaluga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby susie. » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

+Your Username
+Name of the Mutato