Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ariel by Toadalicious

Artist Toadalicious [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ariel

Postby Toadalicious » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm

EHEHEEEEREH jfkadlsj sdk jsadl j *squee*
It's finally done!⎝(o w o)⎠

Okay, I know there are some faults:
1. She really doesn't have a facial expression. XD I realized this after I did her eyes, but they were so pretty that I didn't feel like changing them. And you know what? I DON'T CARE. SHE IS PRETTAY.
2. Her neck/shoulders may or may not be really weird. I can't really tell anymore. I spent wayyyyy too much time trying to get her neck in proportion to her head, and I'm just happy I got it to look somewhat normal.
3. The hair on the right side of her head looks a bit 2D. But again, I don't care.
4. You may have noticed that one of her eyes is slightly higher than the other. You may not have noticed. But I noticed, and that's the point, and I don't like it, but they were so pretty I didn't even want to risk moving one and redrawing it.

Now that I've finished pointing out the flaws in my drawing:

The bottom line is, I'm just happy I was able to successfully draw a human face, while keeping said human's defining characteristics intact -- in Ariel's case, her heart-shaped face, her small nose, her weird but adorable lip shape, and her eyebrow shape.

I've been trying to draw human faces for so incredibly long, and I still have issues not making them all look the same. ouo But I've been working on it. u3u Maybe I'll start on bodies soon. Egah.

I didn't really use one specific reference for this -- I just kind of poked around on Google Images to make sure I was getting her characteristics right. However, I do believe I looked at this picture at one point (but not as a pose reference).

Now that I'm done ranting:
Enjoy. :3

P.S. (Obviously) I do not claim to own Ariel's design or anything related to Ariel. She is, of course, the property of Disney.
"Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to survive."
>>> Jack Donaghy >>>

-••
Greetings. Toad's the name, and sarcasm is my game. (You may call me Toad.) I am a fan of knitting and most (if not all) varieties of pie. I like pretending I'm cooler than I actually am and acting like a fool. I am the most serious person you will ever meet.

Seriously.
Toadalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ariel

Postby Xzile » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:49 pm

I love how you did her hair :3 great job!
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage Image
Xzile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadalicious » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 am

^u^ Thank you so much!
"Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to survive."
>>> Jack Donaghy >>>

-••
Greetings. Toad's the name, and sarcasm is my game. (You may call me Toad.) I am a fan of knitting and most (if not all) varieties of pie. I like pretending I'm cooler than I actually am and acting like a fool. I am the most serious person you will ever meet.

Seriously.
Toadalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyrrha Nikos » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 am

Very beautiful!