Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✩ Galaxy Keepers ✩ by teaqarties

Based on Click to view
Artist teaqarties [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✩ Galaxy Keepers ✩

Postby teaqarties » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:57 am

What are these mythical beasts with stars wavering in their hair? They are the keepers of the stars, the guardians of the nighttime sky. Never smaller than your average house cat and no bigger than a normal wolf, these majestic beings can be found sitting upon beds of stars or racing each other. Galaxy Keepers, or Star Wolves unique feature are their flowing hair or mane that consist of either stars, the night sky, or a random galaxy. It is rare to find one without a slight twinkle in their hair or one that has an odd pelt color.

Star Wolves have very natural coats that usually range from black, white, or anything in between. It is not unnatural, but most of the Keepers do not have any markings on their pelt and are very simple creatures, well, except for their hair.

Galaxy Keepers are vain creatures and can only stand to be with small numbers of their kind, so packs are usually 2-4 wolves and there is only one male per pack, as males are uncommon, almost rare, to find.

Their diet is a strange one. You would think that they would eat stars or be happy with rocks or anything space related, but you would be wrong. They like to eat meat like any other wolf and sometimes you will find them snacking on stars, but not all of them eat stars.

You have to be nice to the Star Wolves, they are not shy but they are insulted quiet easily and like to be spoiled. They will approach you if you are kind, generous, and promise to spoil them with jewels that sparkle, well, anything that sparkles or glows.

✩You may only adopt 4 Galaxy Keepers

✩Do not complain about the designs. If you don’t like it, don’t apply for it

✩These are not for sale, so please; don’t sell your Galaxy Keeper

✩If you no longer want your Star Wolf, let me know and tell me if you would like it put back up for adoption of if you would like to gift it to someone.

✩These cannot be used as your fursona

✩Artists have lives outside of ChickenSmoothie, so please, no rushing or badgering up an adoption if it goes past the end date.

✩Galaxy Wolves can breed, but please don’t make your own pups or try to breed them with others. It doesn’t work that way.

✩Do not complain if you don’t win a Galaxy Keeper, just wait till another one opens up and just keep trying. °u° Our decisions are final and it will be our decision to make a runner-up or not.

Please do not break any of the rules, I would hate to give anyone a strike or ban them.

Newborn: Average house Cat
Pup: Medium Dog/Wolf
Adult: Large Dog/Wolf
Males will tend to be slightly larger than females, even at a young age.

Breeding:
Galaxy Keepers mate for life, but it is hard to find that perfect someone. They usually have various dates until they find that perfect someone. When they are ready to settle down, Galaxy Keepers, the females, have at least 1 pup, sometimes 2.
When a pup is born, they are born without their fabulous hair/mane and stay close their mother until they are at least 2 years of age when you finally start to see signs of their starry hair grow in.
The male is usually an absent parent and prefers to hang around the offspring when it is at the age wear it can play roughly.

Accessories:
Accessories for Galaxy Keepers range from simple headdresses, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, anything that sparkles or glows. You will never find a Galaxy Keeper without accessories; it is extremely rare. Usually, the least amount of accessories one would have would just be earrings, but they must have accessories.

Galaxy Keeper’s are usually plain to look at, except for their mane. A rare Star wolf will usually be reversed: their hair and tail plain while their body is colorful and bright. Or sometimes it is a mix of both, were they have a plain body and plain hair and tail.
Markings aren’t unusual on a Star Wolf, but you will find them more on males than you will on females, it is rare to find markings on females, keep that in mind.

What if I find one with wings on them?

That my friend is a genetic mutation and because of the mutation, the Galaxy Keeper with the mutation is sterile, it can’t mate. That doesn’t mean that it can’t have relationships it just can’t have offspring.

So if they can’t have offspring, how do others get the mutation?

It is extremely rare to find a Galaxy Keeper with the mutation, but not impossible. The males are usually the carriers of the mutation and it gets passed along until you get a female that gives birth to a pup with the mutation. Males can get the mutation, but it is even more rare for them to grow wings than females are.

Can we have homosexual couples?

I support gay rights and everything, but their aren’t usually gay Star Wolves, it is hard to spot them, but not impossible. If there are gay couples, they can’t have pups and it is hard for them to adopt them, but not impossible.

Win List Pets ~~
||||
VVVV
draw my kias !!

ImageImage

DeviantArt
Toyhou.se
Design Rules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✩ Galaxy Keepers ✩

Postby teaqarties » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:57 am

Artists
G.o.T

Mods 2/5
G.o.T
Amanda Role Player

None (Lets keep it this way. °u°)

None (Keep it this way)

July 7th, species available on adoptable page.
July 7th, First adoptable available
Last edited by teaqarties on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Win List Pets ~~
||||
VVVV
draw my kias !!

ImageImage

DeviantArt
Toyhou.se
Design Rules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✩ Galaxy Keepers ✩

Postby teaqarties » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Mods:
[✩]Open||[]Closed
Code: Select all
Username:
Why do you want to be a mod:
Do you promise to support/promote the species?:

Artists:
[✩]Open||[]Closed
Code: Select all
Username:
Design Experience:
Why do you want to be an artist:
How often will you be able to make an adoptable?:

Please Post your artist form out on the Artist Competition Board. °u° Thank You
Last edited by teaqarties on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win List Pets ~~
||||
VVVV
draw my kias !!

ImageImage

DeviantArt
Toyhou.se
Design Rules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✩ Galaxy Keepers ✩

Postby teaqarties » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Reserved spot for future use. °u°

Win List Pets ~~
||||
VVVV
draw my kias !!

ImageImage

DeviantArt
Toyhou.se
Design Rules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teaqarties » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:40 am

Boop.

I will have another adopt up on Sunday. °u°

Win List Pets ~~
||||
VVVV
draw my kias !!

ImageImage

DeviantArt
Toyhou.se
Design Rules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 am

I would like to be an artist for Galaxy Keepers!

Username: fluffybubble1
Design Experience: you can look in my gallery, i have lots of different pictures, and i don't know what you are looking for, so you can look for yourself and choose.
Why do you want to be an artist: Because i love the idea and the design of these creatures. They are very beautiful.
How often will you be able to make an adoptable?: I get on the site quite often, i will probably make one or two and wait until they are adopted, then i will make another to compensate for the adopted one.

Thanks! c:
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me