Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Keep Smiling by Queenkitty.

Artist Queenkitty. [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Keep Smiling

Postby Queenkitty. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Alright, so I've been really sad and moody, concerned, crying to myself. Life isn't easy for anyone, but I'm not sure if people know exactly what I'm going through. So, I'll share my story.

First off, I'm a girl and my parents have been divorced since I was around three. I've dealt with a lot of marriage issues, despite me not even being married. I've chosen to write about it in classes, share it with people, and it makes me feel so happy. I think it's mostly that people listen to me and care about me, support me. Now that I don't have any school, I need another way to get it out, so, in a way, I guess I'm hoping you can all act like my class a little bit, so that I have a structure to stand on and not be left to blow away and vanish.

Well, I'll just say that my family is.... complicated.
First, my dad was with a woman named Liz, who I never met, but he really loved. They had two children together, my half brother and sister, Wellesley and Spencer. My half sister is older than my half brother, and while Liz was giving birth to him, she died. My poor father had to stand there and watch while his second child almost died, along with his first wife. Spencer got out, but he had trouble learning... everything.

A couple years later, my dad met my mother. They had my brother, but apparently my dad didn't really love my mom that much, Ethan (my brother), was sort of a mistake. I really hate to admit it, because he's the one I really look up to the most, who teaches me things, and is my ..... brother. Because if my dad didn't have a fling with my mom, I wouldn't be alive either. My brother basically saved my life. Though we're five years apart, I still love him. Anyway, after having Ethan, my parents got married and had me, the youngest. I still remember the scene when they broke up, I was about three. I stood before them in little froggy pajamas, crouching like a frog, worry on my face, listening to them yell, fighting and arguing. To this day i'm still extremely sensitive to fights and quarrels, always trying to break them up. I just can't stand them.

A while after the divorce, my dad married my step-mom. I really love her, but my siblings never had a good relationship with her, it was just me. They fought a lot though.

Very recently now, in about late May (2013), my step-mother finally got completely fed up with my father and she drove away to seek refuge with her family. Later, while my father was gone, she went back to get most of her items. I suspected she was gone forever because she took her couch, the dog, a fridge, 2 beds, most of her big things in general. I thought I'd never see her again. Since at that point, I was the only kid visiting my father because all of my other siblings were way older, or just couldn't stand her, I was his rock. He could really only talk to me, he didn't have any one else. He cried so much, I was so concerned and so worried for him, he was supposed to be the strong one. He just couldn't hold himself up, he needed to be with another adult. I wasn't an adult, I was just what he had to tell his feelings to. Although, for some reason, my stepmother responded to his texts, though not his calls, that gave him the tiniest bit of hope. Just the tiniest bit to live off of.

After that, I learned that both my dad and my stepmother were abused. That she was the love of his life, he couldn't live his life without her.

And now, I come to the present. On Friday night (June 14th, 2013), they were in a car crash. Together. Nobody told me if they got together or not, but my stepmother fractured her sternum. My father got a mere case of whiplash, non the less it hurt him. Luckily, no one broke anything, nor are they in the hospital, but life seems too much to handle.

I'm glad they're safe, mad no one told me, confused in general, but the person I count on the very most is strangely my 5th grade English teacher. I told her, and the one thing I could hear the most was,
"Keep Smiling."
Queenkitty.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keep Smiling

Postby moonica. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi I've read your story and I have really nothing to say...but I somehow wanted to let you know that, at least someone, is listening to your story (: Sorry if I can't express my thoughts about this well. I really just want to say keep fighting! I'm glad you found someone to share this with, in this case your English teacher ^-^ and you're very courageous to also share your story here. I've never really had any as big as family problems then you've had, but I know in some areas, how you feel. To be honest, I was pretty shock when you said apparently your brother Ethan was a mistake...I know that is not true. Nobody, having the blessing to be born, is a mistake, in my opinion. (: I hope you will able to resolve some of your family problems, and I also hope both your dad and step-mom are well! Uhm, well this is all I guess..xD
semi-hiatus
commissions: CLOSED FOR NOW art trades:OPEN
Sorry everyone for my unexpected absents these past months; because of school, I unfortunately will be on random hiatuses that may last up to months, but I will visit CS as often as I can. If I had offended you in the past because of my absences, I am so terribly sorry! I hope you will forgive the stupid me I am and if you aren't going to, I'll lay my body for labour for you. D:
moonica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 pm

your story made me cry,its sad,yet beautiful,it just shows how strong certain people can be and how wise young people can be too!They say your elders are wiser because they have learned,they have felt through the years.Not always,not everyone learns from their mistakes and mostly they make those mistakes again affecting others.People can be selfish but you need to be loyal,have hope,a good smile,a warm welcoming heart and a strong soul. Though I do believe that certain kids are very wise,they see everything in a new different open minded way.Many do break easily,no matter what age,but there will always be that one strong person,who is kind.Always accept kindness,if it is pure good.Never Let the stress or hurt in because some will deceive you and try to tear you apart,sometimes you just have to lock up your heart from certain people,for in the long run,they will hurt you. That doesnt mean to lock it up from everyone,just because you locked up your heart from another person,doesnt mean you spread the rudeness,just be kind,spread the kindness and the smiles.Help them learn~

(SO sorry i got a bit off subject,you probably know all of this stuff >3< )
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queenkitty. » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:39 am

It's fine if you got off subject, I do it all the time, but I really thank you guys for being there for me. I really only have one friend I can honestly tell this story to, who won't interrupt me, and who can give me advice. Even if I don't know you, I take your words to heart. What you say, it really means something to me. In reality, i'm a pretty shy girl. I almost never speak up and I don't often ask for what I want, and if I do, it's because i've opened up to you and let you in. By putting out this story, I'm not trying to trick people into pitying me, or make them feel bad for me. Actually, i'm a bit surprised I did it myself, but thank you for letting me know those words. In a way, I need them to know I have a rock to support me, that i'm not invisible. Lots of people don't notice my feelings, but at the same time, there are certain people who do. You see, this story is to difficult to tell to anyone. When someone asks how I am, I can't simply explain my life to them. It would be too hard, I might be breaking into tears at any moment, you never know. Even if life is about taking risks, it's just too difficult. But somehow,sm, the people closest to me. But now, I just have to thank you for listening to my story and giving you opinion, for being there for me.
Queenkitty.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby o0Jeff the Killer0o » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 am

This is an Awesome Message! o:
I will keep smiling for sure. Cuz... ya. Smile Dog.
- points to my large smile and smiles fabously - o: C:<
Go To Sleep!
o0Jeff the Killer0o

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queenkitty. » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 am

~Smile Dog~ wrote:This is an Awesome Message! o:
I will keep smiling for sure. Cuz... ya. Smile Dog.
- points to my large smile and smiles fabously - o: C:<

Queenkitty.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rosepetal50 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:55 am

I don't have much to say either because I can't compare my life to yours at all. I know I have had a good life and I am very thankful. I hope you can find a way through all this stuff and that everyone comes out safe and smiling ^-^ I know, not much to say, but I am listening.
by Lierre

by Leana
Characters :: Character Site :: Free Art Shop :: Leave a Note! :: Gift of Art :: Art Trade? :: Kia ask!
Julia is looking for rps, romantic, friendly, or unfriendly!
I got my first taikea, Honey! She is also open to rps :3

Slogan:
Why be difficult when, with just a little more effort,
you can be impossible?

ImageImageImageImageImage
rosepetal50

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queenkitty. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:48 am

rosepetal50 wrote:I don't have much to say either because I can't compare my life to yours at all. I know I have had a good life and I am very thankful. I hope you can find a way through all this stuff and that everyone comes out safe and smiling ^-^ I know, not much to say, but I am listening.

Thank You <3

Last bumped by Queenkitty. on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:48 am.
Queenkitty.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me