Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Snakey Fire by riley.∞

Artist riley.∞ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Snakey Fire

Postby riley.∞ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:42 am

Oh, this turned out quite cool 8)
Ohmigosh, timer is a liar. Ugh!
Just a random snake head, no particular breed, possibly closely related to constrictors? (: The fire around it... Was an experiment which sort-of worked, yay. So, any thoughts? I'd like some critique on my technique etc.
Reference: my mind
All drawings and ideas derived from this are (c) to Jasmine.
Thankies!
Jas~
been on hiatus for ages. back for a bit.

i have numerous very rares from 2008 i'm willing to trade if good offers come my way, or just suggestions if you have pets i might want. :]

except this gorgeous girl :]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
riley.∞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Snakey Fire

Postby young blood. » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 am

cool! i like it!

╔═════════════╗

i'm sorry.
i no longer have much
time to be on this site
anymore. i'm not quitting
but i can't come on as
often as i used to.

╚═════════════╝
young blood.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danni.and.the.kiwi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 am

As a lover of all things snake-y, I give this a thumbs up. (Sadly there is no thumbs up icon on this board :( ) It's cute.
Anyway, as far as your technique goes, mostly try to keep the drawing clean. As in, try to keep your background layer (the red and purple swirly stuff) from bleeding into or going over your main focus (the snake). Cleaning up your lines, even just a tad bit, would go a long way as well. Also, it goes without saying that filling up most of the drawing space makes a drawing more visually appealing, though not all the time.
All in all I'd say its quite nice.
Happy Drawing.
CS kiwi is obviously fake *pokes different font*
Pet's name: Kenneth

I've started on all current art requests, but don't have enough time to mail y'all about it. Just know I AM working lol. My deviantart, photobucket and cs gallery. *cheesy grin*
My banana and sunback pup are uft, looking for CE and BE galaxy in offers.
danni.and.the.kiwi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riley.∞ » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:31 am

danni.and.the.kiwi wrote:As a lover of all things snake-y, I give this a thumbs up. (Sadly there is no thumbs up icon on this board :( ) It's cute.
Anyway, as far as your technique goes, mostly try to keep the drawing clean. As in, try to keep your background layer (the red and purple swirly stuff) from bleeding into or going over your main focus (the snake). Cleaning up your lines, even just a tad bit, would go a long way as well. Also, it goes without saying that filling up most of the drawing space makes a drawing more visually appealing, though not all the time.
All in all I'd say its quite nice.
Happy Drawing.

(There is a like button (: )
Thanks for the critique, but I unfortunately began experimenting with the 'fire' on the same layer as the lines. But I will work on everything else in future drawings! (:
~
been on hiatus for ages. back for a bit.

i have numerous very rares from 2008 i'm willing to trade if good offers come my way, or just suggestions if you have pets i might want. :]

except this gorgeous girl :]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
riley.∞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me