Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shaggy Ramu by cmichb

Based on Click to view
Artist cmichb [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

by cmichb

Shaggy Ramu

Postby cmichb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Shaggy Ramu Adopts
Artist CompetitionShaggy Ramu Nursery

What is a "Shaggy Ramu"?

A Shaggy Ramu is a ram-like creature. Their silky and fluffy long fur keeps them warm due to their surroundings (Shaggy Ramu live on cold, snowy mountains), but Shaggy Ramu are a protected species so it is illegal to poach. They have a diet consisting of pine needles (they can eat things that we can't, such as turtles eating jellyfish or crows eating poisonous berries), pine cones, shrubs, twigs, ferns, berries, and leaves. They are territorial and extremely protective of their young, so you will have a better chance of getting one if it does not have any young yet (yes, I said yet; you can breed your Shaggy Ramu after a couple months of owning one). Male Shaggy Ramu show off to female Shaggy Ramu in mating season by challenging other male Shaggy Ramu by knocking their horns on other male Shaggy Ramu' horns. They go in herds. The leader of the herd is usually male and the biggest and toughest of the group, with the longest and hardest horns. They are the ancestors of the animals we call today; mountain goats, rams, sheep, moose, elks, and caribou.

Are you looking for a new species to adopt? Do you like fluffy animals? Well, if you do, hello and welcome to the home of a recently discovered species called Shaggy Ramu!

About Shaggy Ramu
• As said above in the 'what is a "Shaggy Ramu"?' box, Shaggy Ramu - now going to be referred to as 'SR' for short - live in freezing climates and are usually found on snowy mountains such as the mountains of Greenland.
• SR may seem to be aggressive, but they are very calm and friendly when not being provoked.
• They have velvety goat-like ears that are extremely soft to the touch. They are also known for their long bushy tails.
• Baby SR do not have horns as they are too young to develop them.
• SR actually have 4 layers of fur. 1 layer is for in the summer, and the other 3 layers are shed. 2 layers are for in the spring, and the other 2 are shed. 3 layers are for in the fall, and the last layer is shed. 4 layers are for in the winter.
• Adult SR can range between the size of a tiger to the size of a large horse.
• Teenage SR can range between the size of a pony to the size of a tiger
• Baby SR can range between the size of a newborn cow to the size of a pony.
• Male SR are fluffier than female SR.
• SR tails are actually longer than their bodies.
• SR horns become harder as SR reach adulthood.

Rules
• You may own up to 5 SR unless you are a staff member for the SR species (artist/mod). If you are a staff member you can own up to 10 unless stated otherwise.
• Please be respectful of our artists and mods. If you did not win the SR you wanted, do not complain/whine.
• Don't take what isn't yours. This means that you are not allowed to use someone else' SR without permission first.
• If you want to gift your SR to a friend/relative on CS, please contact the artist who made it and tell them.
• Do not spam
• Do not ask to be an artist/mod. For artists I host a competition, and for mods I will post a form for you to fill out here.
• No mini-modding please. That is what the Shaggy Ramu moderators are for.
• You have 3 warnings until you are banned. Depending on the severity of the warning and if you prove yourself to be worthy, a SR mod or I may clear yours up after a while.
We do not offer customs to people, but if you are an artist you are allowed to make 5 customs for yourself only unless given permission from myself. If you are an artist you can also adopt up to 5.

How can I adopt a Shaggy Ramu?
It's simple. All you have to do is click on the SR you want to try out for. ^^
To adopt, fil out the form provided by the artist on each page. Each form might differ a little depending on the rarity of the SR.

Shaggy Ramu Staff
Modest - artist, mod
~punkstache - artist
albinoBroccoli - guest artist
The Lost Soul - guest artist

Shaggy Ramu Moderator Requirements
• You must visit CS at least once every two days.
• You must take responsibility to check here often to report spam, cuss, etc.
• You must be able to control your feelings and stay calm. Even if someone angers you, that does not give you the right to shout at them. Just ask them politely to stop being rude/mean/disrespectful/etc. If it's really bad, PM me. The explanation for this is in the rule below.
• If someone breaks one of the Shaggy Ramu rules, PM me with a link to their username and I will either give them a warning or a ban depending on the severity. If they don't understand what they did wrong, I will discuss with them and make them read over the Shaggy Ramu rules.
There is no age required to become a SR mod, but you must know a lot about the SR species to answer questions, and you must be mature if someone posts inappropriate pictures - but hopefully we won't have to deal with anything inappropriate.

I Am Currently Hiring Shaggy Ramu Moderators!
If you would like to try out to become a mod, please fill out the following form, but read the requirements first if you have not already done so. :) Oh yes, and another thing, please do not add extras to your form or pretty up your form. If you do, your form will be ignored. Nothing needs to be fancy.

Code: Select all
Username;
Do you promise to check the main topic often for spam/etc?;
If you said "yes" to the question above, how often would you be willing to check?;
Why do you want this position (be thoughtful, this is what I will mostly be looking for);
Do you own a Shaggy Ramu (not required but recommended);
Do you think you know enough about this species that you can handle answering questions?;
Is there anything else you desire to say?;

Bans/Warnings
None yet, and I hope to keep it this way!

Support Us!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1770556&p=54795802#p54795802][img]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/SunbackLover/ShaggyRamu_zps82dae2d5.png[/img][/url]

Affiliates
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

If you would like us to advertise your adoptable species, please PM me. c:
Last edited by cmichb on Thu May 09, 2013 11:53 am, edited 31 times in total.
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Adoptable!

Postby cmichb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 am

bump. Name suggestions anyone? C:
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 am

A shaggy Ramu
i dunno, shoulds adorable to me, ya know? XD
❥ Who am I in your eyes?
.....Let me know!
❥ Best way to get ahold of me?
.....IM through Skype: mimivam
❥ Message me through Skype or pm me
anytime; I love to chat!
❥ Im pretty busy with my studies what with
school back up in full blow, but I'll still be on
from time to time. Mostly for art and the people ^^
My Deviant Art -- Check it out, this is where most
of my art will be from now on! :3
❥ Check out Belldandy Adopts and their
Fanclub!! This species is seriously to die for ahhh ♥♥
❥ My Belldee, Millennia ;w; she's a wee
bit shy but looking for friends nwn <3
❥Sorry about my inactivity, guys. I'm still alive! ♥
LauraK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:05 am

XD Yeah, it does! Thanks for the name suggestion. ^^ I'll wait for a few more suggestions though c;
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Bump c:
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shaggy Ramu

Postby cmichb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Okay, I decided to go with §ŁåuråK§'s idea for a name because I thought the name was cute and it suited this species. :) The first post is still a work in progress though <3
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 am

Please welcome our new guest artist, The Lost Soul! :clap: They will be making some Shaggy Ramu for a while. ^^
Also, don't forget, you can try out to become an artist too if you want, by clicking the drawing below this one that says "artist competition". :)
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:28 pm

bump
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 am

Does anyone like these species so far? :)
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 pm

bump