Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sugar Buttons: A New Adoptable! by owls-in-october

Based on Click to view
Artist owls-in-october [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sugar Buttons: A New Adoptable!

Postby owls-in-october » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 am

ImageWelcome to the home of the Sugar Buttons!Image
What is a Sugar Button?

A Sugar Button, or just Button for short, is a creature distantly related to a dragon as well as a wooly mammoth. They have many unique physical features, such as their odd hooves on their back legs, but the most important thing you should know about them is also the oddest thing. Each Button has an individual scent - like every other animal, right? Except that each Button's scent is that of a human dessert. Thus, the "Sugar" part in their name! For example, a Button could be based off of vanilla ice cream, and have soft fur that smells like (you guessed it!) vanilla ice cream! They'd also have a thick creamy fur color, and would wear a tiny vanilla-ice-cream-cone amulet. For you see, Sugar Buttons wear symbols of their unique scent around their necks.
Rules:

Please obey these rules of this Adoptables. If you break one, you will recieve a warning. Three warnings, and you are banned from adopting Sugar Buttons.

✗ Please do not sell Sugar Buttons to other players. Sugar Buttons are a free adoptables series. This goes for artists, too!
✗ Give all the Button staff, and your fellow adopters, your absolute respect no matter what.
✗ Do not beg/bribe/bully in order to get the Button you want.
✗ Don't ask for custom Buttons, please. Only staff members are allowed to have customs.
✗ You may own up to four adopted Buttons, and up to four bred/contest ones.
✗ When holiday contests are hosted, all these rules still apply.
✗ During holiday contests, you may not apply for more than two Buttons at a time if you've already managed to get your four adopted ones. Give others a chance.
✗ Please do not mini-mod unless you actually are a mod of my thread.
✗ Please do not beg to be a staff member.

Warnings:

none yet

Banned:

none yet
Breeding:

Breeding slots will be available for the Sugar Buttons soon. Currently, as I'm still working on the baby lineart(s), they are not. Once they are available, though, the babies will be called Sugar Babies. You will have the option to adopt off or keep the babies. You will be able to have your Button bred with another Button that you do not own, as long as the owner gives permission.

Babies take three months, or two human weeks, to grow up.

Syndromes and Odd Mutations:

Occasionally, a Button will be born with an...odd....mutation of sorts. These are the most common.

FCS:
FCS, or "Forever Cuter Syndrome," is when a Button never seems to reach its adult size. This is common with Buttons born too early. Sugar Buttons afflicted with FCS may act more adorable than the adults, thus the name "forever cuter syndrome."

SSS:
SSS stands for "Salty Scent Syndrome." It happens when a Button is born with a salty meal-related scent, versus the common sugary dessert-related scent. These Buttons are no different from normal, they just tend to be a bit odd in coloration, compared to others.

More About Buttons:

✩ The "button" in Sugar Button comes from the fact that older Buttons often wear more than one amulet around their necks, and the other amulets are often buttons that they collect.
✩ Buttons based off of dessert foods or candies that are not very popular, like black licorice, are often cranky and tempermental compared to the cheerfulness of normal Buttons.
✩ Buttons have opposable thumbs! Their small, raccoon-like toes are great for picking up lost buttons or amulets.
✩ Female Buttons are called dainties and males are called dashes.
✩ Long ago, when the wooly mammoths still walked the Earth, Sugar Buttons were born with huge antlers! They have long since adapted away from these, though, as they were a pain to haul around.
✩ Halloween is the most sacred holiday of the Buttons. They spend the whole night in costumes, running through the woods to find hidden candy, that other Buttons hide!
✩ Buttons often live deep in the woods, but since they are so intelligent they find ways to cook and prepare human desserts for food. If Buttons don't occasionally (once a month) eat the dessert they represent, then they'll start to turn gray.

Staff Members:

Artists:
Me (Maeflower)

[no more artist positions open at this time]

Mods:
netherlands }

[PM me if you're interested in becoming a mod.]

Archivist:
None!

[PM me if you're interested in becoming our Archivist]
Last edited by owls-in-october on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sugar Buttons: A New Adoptable!

Postby owls-in-october » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm

First Button's been made - it's based off of a blueberry smoothie! I'm gonna go work on the second now.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I've decorated the page with Button icons! <3 I'll open an artist comp soon.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 pm

We have a mod now! Thank you, netherlands } !
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me