Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adopt A Valkyrie (New Species) OPEN + FREE! by azhefa.

Based on Click to view
Artist azhefa. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adopt A Valkyrie (New Species) OPEN + FREE!

Postby azhefa. » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 am

Valkyries are dragon/wolf/horse/fish/bird hybrid creatures that live on the planet of Somia. The males are pretty different from the females with their facial horns and brighter colors, not to mention their larger size. The females are smaller with duller colors, used to blend into their surroundings to escape attacks by rival Valkyries that want to kill their offspring, and they also have extra fins on their front legs to help swim faster so they can hunt for their hatchlings.

Somia is mostly covered in water, hence the creature's gills and fins. There is only a few small patches of land the Valkyries can get to, but there is a very large patch of land the size of America (not including the Mexican peninsula). On this larger patch of land, many Valkyries stay and call the land their home. Not many Valkyries go farther than a few miles inland, away from the beaches. The beaches are the center of their habitat, they can't be more than 10 miles from a water source since their lives revolve around the presence of water and the tides of the seas. The tides are their version of our seasons, they change and are vital to the creature's lives and in turn the lives of the other smaller animals that live on Somia. The high tides are called the times of Deep Water and are present during winter, which is their breeding season, and during summer, which is when their eggs hatch and the parents must go out and hunt in the seas to feed their offspring. The lower tides, also called the Dry Times, are present during spring and fall when most of the Valkyries are more docile and not as active. During the Dry Times, the Valkyries tend to head away from the beaches and into the thick tropical forests to hunt the smaller animals that live in the trees and in dens on the ground.

Creature Name:
Valkyrie

Lifespan:
They can live up to 100 years, almost like humans

Hatch -> 10 years = Hatchling
10 years -> 18 years = Adolecent
18 years -> 50 years = Adult (breeding age)
50 years+ = Elder/Death

Home Planet:
A vast planet called Somia, 90% covered by water, their main land is 5% of the land mass the other 5% is smaller islands that most Valkyrie can't get to. Also hasn't been discovered by humans, Somia is nearly ten times older than our earth.

Habitat:
During the Deep Waters they can be found on or around the costal regions and beaches. They breed and lay their eggs on the beaches, near a large supply of water, salt or not. During the Dry Times they can be found in the tropical forests that covers the rest of their main land. This is where they hunt and mingle while the sea tides are too low for them to hunt marine life without being in competition with each other.

Diet:
Fish and marine life while the tides are high, but will resort to hunting smaller animals in the forests when the tides are lower. They are almost completely carnivorous, but will eat the wild and addictive fruits that grows in the tropical forest when they can't find any animals to hunt.

Appearance:
Male Valkyries are larger than the females and have facial horns that the females don't. They stand about 8 feet at the shoulder and have a wingspan of about 16 feet. They also weigh nearly twice as much as a full grown horse. The female Valkyries are smaller and leaner with a wingspan up to 12 or 13 feet and stands about 6 to 7 feet at the shoulder. The females also have extra fins on the backs of their front legs to help them swim faster while hunting in water, which is mostly due to the fact that they are the ones that normally hunt for their offspring, the males just protect them.

As for the colorings of the Valkyries, the males have the flashy bright colors that they use to attract the females into their herds and can flush blood into their wings to scare off any rival males that threaten to take his females. Females have the duller colors and aren't as flashy since they don't need to attract any attention to themselves like the males do, plus their dull colors help camouflage them while they hunt in the water and in the forest.

The markings of the Valkyries are about the same for both genders, stripes across their hindquarters and sides, but males have more that trail down their back legs and tails. There are some Valkyries that have different markings, but stripes is the normal kind.

Behaviors:
Like horses, Valkyries tend to live in rather large groups called herds on land and pods in water. There are normally up to 20 creatures in one herd/pod and they are led by one large male called the Takal. Usually each group is made up of one Takal and many assorted females, but some times a very dominant Takal will allow one or two of his sons to stay within his group. When this happens, the Takal's sons are kept away from any females in heat by either the Takal himself, or some of his loyal females. Normally, the sons will end up leaving on their own to try their luck at attracting their own females with the different methods they learned from watching their father.

As stated above, Valkyries are very similar to horses. The leader of the group, the Takal, will breed with all the females in his group, just like a horse, but there are a few exceptions. Some of the creatures will take only one female as a life-mate. This normally happens with older males that hae trouble attracting and keeping a group of females. The Valkyries breeding season is during the colder Deep Waters (winter) when there is plenty of fish and other prey for the males to catch and use to attract the females. Females can only be bred once a year when they are between 18 and 50 years. They breed in the "winter", which is the colder Deep Waters, and then lay their eggs at the end of "spring", the first of the Dry Times, or the beginning of "summer", which is the warmer Deep Waters. The eggs hatch a few weeks later and the parents must bring food back to the new hatchlings since they don't drink milk or hunt for themselves. The mothers are the one that usually get the food for the hatchling since the males are too busy protecting the young from rival males that want them dead so the mothers go back into an early heat and the desperate females that want to steal a hatchling after either theirs have died or wasn't bred in time.

Hatchlings stay with their mother until the age of 10 when they become adolesents. Once an adolecent, the offspring can hunt and feed themselves, but still needs the protection of a group. Once the adolecent turns 18 though, they become adults and the males are kicked out of the group by their parents, just like horses. The female offspring normally wonder farther and farther from the group until she is taken away by a rival male, the father isn't very protective of the daughters once they become of age, no one likes inbreeding.
Last edited by azhefa. on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.
pisces est/south eastern usa newly single
───────────────────────────────────────────────
current online hours: unknown, due to work
will be switching to night shift at the end of the month

going through it and doing my best
please have patience with me
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP! No posting

Postby azhefa. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:02 am

1. Each adoptable is FREE, unless you breed them, then it will cost a low rare or WL pet which is paid to the artist who draws it.
  2. Do not claim as yours, PauseOff did the line arts and my drawing is the reference.
  3. Don't change anything about the creature, such as remove/block the signature, artists can only edit designs
  4. Not for resale (don't even ask)
  5. Limit is 4 Valkyries per person
  6. Don't be rude to anyone, you'll just get in trouble
  7. Try to use proper grammar, its hard to understand text talk
  8. Fill out forms completely! Any WIP forms will not be accepted if it isn't fixed within 24 hours
  9. Don't repost your form on every page, it will be seen and accepted if it is filled out correctly
  10. No spamming
  11. Don't beg for art or nag about when any customs will be finished, you will be notified by Pm when its done
  12. No stealing anyone's art! It isn't yours, don't take it, this will result in banishment and reporting to a site mod (I take stealing very seriously)
  13. No posting forms if there are no slots open, I hate this and will give strikes for it.

Line Artist: PauseOff
Owner: Rebellion

Archivists:(2 just in case the first has to leave/can't post)

Artist/Mods:
-•ωιηgε∂•
-HeroOfTheNight
    (only edits online 2 days a week, draws traditional for other artists to use as referance)

Artists:

Guest Artists:

None! Good work guys!
Last edited by azhefa. on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 am

1. Don't be rude, I hate it
  2. Fill out forms properly and try to use good grammar
  3. Don't repost your form every page, I (or another artist) will ask if we need you to repost it
  4. No begging or spamming
  5. Don't get mad if you didn't get the ARMC adoptable you wanted, there are more
  6. Don't post any forms if there aren't any slots open
  7. All winners of the ARMC will be notified by Pm and there will be a post on the adoptable's thread
  8. Do not spam any artists what so ever. If your preferred artist doesn't have any open slots, wait until they finish some of their projects and their slots reopen. Spamming my artists will result in strikes or banishment depending on how serious it is.
  9. Each adoptable is FREE! Unless you breed them, the cost is a low rare or WL which is paid to the artist

Males:

Females:

(Editing once some more are created)

(This form will be posted in each adoptable creature's thread, but feel free to take it from here too)
Code: Select all
Username:
Creature Name:
Personality:
Reason you want this creature:
Plans for this creature: (redrawing offline, role-playing with it, etc.)

Username:
Creature Name:
Base Color: (brighter for males, duller for females)
Markings:
Preferred Artist:
Other:

Rebellion
Slot #1:
Slot #2:
Slot #3:
Slot #4:

HeroOfTheNight (only 2 days a week)
Slot #1:
Slot #2:

•ωιηgε∂•
Slot #1:
Slot #2:
Slot #3:

(Editing when I hire more artists)
Last edited by azhefa. on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 am, edited 18 times in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 am

1. Don't be rude, I hate it
  2. Fill out forms properly and try to use good grammar
  3. Don't repost your form every page, I (or another artist) will ask if we need you to repost it
  4. No begging or spamming
  5. Don't post any forms if there aren't any slots open
  6. Do not spam any artists what so ever. If your preferred artist doesn't have any open slots, wait until they finish some of their projects and their slots reopen. Spamming my artists will result in strikes or banishment depending on how serious it is.
  7. Each offspring created costs either a low rare or WL pet, and it is paid to the artist that creates the offspring

Males:

Females:

(Editing once some are created)

(Randomly chosen ARMC mother and father)
Mother's Number:
Father's Number:

Name:
Reason you want it:
Plans to use it:

Mother's Name/User:
Father's Name/User:

Name:
Base Color:
Markings:
Who will get the offspring:
Other:

Rebellion
Slot #1:
Slot #2:
Slot #3:
Slot #4:

HeroOfTheNight (only 2 days a week)
Slot #1:
Slot #2:

•ωιηgε∂•
Slot #1:
Slot #2:
Slot #3:

Last edited by azhefa. on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:41 am, edited 14 times in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am

Username:
How active are you:
Reason you want to draw this creature:
Proof of skills:
Other:
Last edited by azhefa. on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:42 pm

(Editing once people start adopting)

This is like the Pound, which is where adoptables go when either their owners have been banned or when the owner no longer wants their creature.

(Editing once there are some to post)
Last edited by azhefa. on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Username:
How active are you:
Have you been an artist elsewhere:
If so, where:
Why do you want to draw this creature for me:
Proof of skills:
Other:

Sun Mar 10, 2013: HeroOfTheNight joined as artist (thread just a thought)
Sun Mar 31, 2013: Thread Created
Mon Apr 01, 2013: •ωιηgε∂• joined as artist
Fri Apr 05, 2013: Thread Opened to the Public
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 pm

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt A Valkyrie (New Species) OPEN

Postby azhefa. » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Bump! Now open so feel free to post any and all forms!

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes