Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Studying by rosepetal50

Artist rosepetal50 [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Studying

Postby rosepetal50 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Yes just studying for my apush test... kind of. In case you didn't know, Wilson proposed 14 points for the treaty to end WWI... hardly any of them actually got put into the final treaty and actually, his treaty was defeated in our own government in America. He was forced to compromise a lot, but he thought the most important thing he had to get across was the League of Nations... which he actually could not pass... and had a stroke before he could continue campaigning for it...

Well, the points in the picture are obviously not all 14, but they are pretty important:

1) no secret alliances between countries (maybe if Germany knew that Belgium was allies with Britain, they wouldn't have invaded...)
2) freedom of the seas (appealed to the Germans especially because of the British blockade preventing them from trading with America. They were literally starving to death by the time the war ended because of this blockade)
3) no economic barriers between countries (Germany wants this because she is afraid of other countries getting vengeance on them through economic means)
4) stop the arms race (America, Britain, France, Germany and a lot of other European powers were stockpiling arms and racing to get the newest weapons... not a good idea... when you have all these nice new weapons, what do you want to do with them? how about start a war?)
5) change colonial claims (it is high time some of these colonies gained independence. European powers are still instituting a mercantilism technique where colonies are just to bring economic gain to the mother country and not create any stability in the colony)
14) Create a League of Nations (all countries would be invited to have a seat, though it would be run by the Big Four, America, France, Britain, and Italy, and they could talk things over instead of going straight to war)

Wow! From all this, I think I might have just known more about the chapter than I thought I did! Well, I hope this was interesting to some of you folks! Like if you appreciated it! Comment or pm me if you want to know a bit more :) #goinghistorynerdonyouguys
by Lierre

by Leana
Characters :: Character Site :: Free Art Shop :: Leave a Note! :: Gift of Art :: Art Trade? :: Kia ask!
Julia is looking for rps, romantic, friendly, or unfriendly!
I got my first taikea, Honey! She is also open to rps :3

Slogan:
Why be difficult when, with just a little more effort,
you can be impossible?

ImageImageImageImageImage
rosepetal50

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups