Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

King (me) + lame fanfic = ehhh [w.i.p.] by KingTulip

Artist KingTulip [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

King (me) + lame fanfic = ehhh [w.i.p.]

Postby KingTulip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm

So...this represents me...because I'm pretty much a cat.
The fanfic that follows may not be accurate or even very good. =T
I'm hardly a Whovian, (don't get me wrong, the show's great, I just haven't really seen much of it) but I've got a lot of Whovian friends and wanted to do something for them.

Tulip's Story wrote:~The Planet Hidden to Time~
She crouched at the Pool, the once-grand structure that used to surround it in shambles. The Pool was rather small, about 4 feet across though no one really knew how deep. The koi swam about, carelessly, and she put her front paws on the edge of the Pool, eyes closed. She was weak, and could feel herself dying, unable to pull it all together. “Please...” she begged “You...you must help me.” A rare, solitary tear ran down her cheek into the Pool, barely making a ripple.
~
She observed him for a bit, watching him run around, touching this or that. She considered his curiosity dangerous. She gathered all the strength she could, causing the grey planet to shudder a bit. He seemed to notice the shudder, but turned to face her as she stepped into the open. “Oh hi there, you've been observing me for quite some time, didn't want to bother you though. Anyway, might you know where I'm at? Don’t think I've seen this place before.”He looked around once more at his surroundings, which were full of dead plants and trees. Everything seemed to be varying shades of grey, even the ground. She flicked her tail. “I would hope not. Who are you, and how did you get here?” “Well, I’m the Doctor of course. I was dragged into a dream, but this seems to be very real. Now, might you know where I’m at?” She paused, unsure if she should even bother telling. “This place, when it was alive, was called Gi:lim:rera. It is not called anything now, as there is no one to say it’s name but me.” “Surely you’re a good enough someone, what exactly are you?” “That is none of your concern, Doctor, in fact you should leave.” She turned, beginning to walk away. “But, if not tell me what you are, might you tell me who you are?” He asked. She hesitated, turning back around. “King. I was once called King. It was a title, given to me by my fellows.” “King? Bit female to be a king, don’t you think?” She shook her head. “Gender matters not here. A title is a title, the respect is the same. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to find someone that can actually help.” “Wait- if you need help, I could-“ “No.” She interrupted. “You are not what I needed. They failed me. I sense you are different, but you are nowhere near strong enough.” “Strong? What, do you need something lifted?” He seemed slightly amused. She turned and gave him a serious look. “I do not need any lifting done. Does it look as if there is anything to lift?” She turned, stalking off. “Now, you should leave before you start to fade as well.”
~
“I ask you for help once, after all this time, and you fail me. Bringing some stupid…whatever he was here.” The King muttered, pacing back and forth beside the Pool. She gasped, then sat. “I..I can hardly stand at times, and instead of sending me someone who can help bare the weight you bring me someone just unusual. Such odd readings...” She looked into the Pool at the swimming koi. “I cannot do this much longer. It is all breaking. This world is dying, and my spirit is not strong enough to hold it together. It is killing me. I realized today I cannot even remember my true name. What did they call me once? Surely I had one...a name...surely I was not just a title...” The King slipped into unconsciousness, not able to support both a physical form and the dying world.
~
She walked through the land, moving her paw from one tree to another to keep her steady. Her ears pricked at some odd whirring noise, and she began to slowly follow it, finally spotting the Doctor holding some sort of...stick? “What is that?! What are you doing?!” She hissed. He didn't even pause as he continued to move it over various things, then pointed it at her. “This is very odd, very odd indeed. It all seems to contain the same type of energy. The same energy as you, in fact.” She took a step back, still leaning on the tree. “Well, yes. Of course it would.” He looked at her quizzically. “But why?” She paused, then replied, “Because it is me. It all is. It is my soul holding it together.” The Doctor seemed to scoff. “Souls are not possible.” “You doubt what I tell you? Watch.” She took her paw off the tree and held it up so he could see the orb. She closed her eyes and the orb began to glow, and as it did the planet began to shake, deep cracks appearing in it’s crust. She took her paw and placed it back on the tree. The moment they came in contact with each other the tree seemed to revive itself, the bark became a natural brown. It grew bright, vivid green leaves. She pulled her paw away and it turned grey, the leaves falling and disintegrating before they hit the cold soil. She collapsed to her hands and knees, and the ground grew still once more. “It is my energy, my soul, my spirit that keeps it all together.” She breathed. “Call it what you want, but it is true.” He stepped forward with what she thought was an odd look on his face, but it was quickly replaced with worry. “Need help up?” He asked tightly. “I...I need to get to the Pool.” She breathed, taking his hand and allowing him to pull her up. She began making her way back to it, and when she reached it she touched the surface softly with her paw. She then rubbed the water on each of her three orbs. Turning around, she realized he had followed her. “I am fine.” She looked up at him from where she sat. “I cannot believe they sent me you again.” “What’s wrong with me?” He asked, insulted. “And who’s they? Are there more of you?” She flicked her tail. “No, not anymore.” She gestured to the Pool. “And the koi are the they I speak of. I asked them for help and they bring me you.” He looked into the Pool, then back at her. “So what happened to the others?” She didn't meet his gaze. “They are gone. The storm that came was different. This time it caused something dangerous. It caused fire. I watched them scream and run as everything caught aflame. Something protected me, but I couldn't save any of them. They all went up in that fire.” He was silent for a moment. “This disproves what you told me then. If you are the planet then you would be able to keep it from catching fire.” She shook her head. “We all were, and besides, we cannot stop fire. It burns reflections.” She gazed into the Pool. “If you don’t mind me asking, how old is your species? The dialect you speak is very similar to a few very ancient ones.” “You could ask, but I would not be able to tell you. Time does not matter here. Days, years, decades, centuries. What does it matter to someone who can live so long? The trees did not change for the seasons; they changed because we wanted them to.” There was silence for a moment. “So this is a planet truly hidden from time.” He said softly. She nodded. “If that is how you want to view it.” He looked at the Pool again. “Quite a small body of water for such an important icon to your culture.” She looked into it’s waters, the koi frolicking lazily. “We debated on what to call it for quite some time.” She replied at last. “Some said it should be called the Pond, but we sensed strong energy coming from that name. We did not want to cause any potential disturbance to the rest of the universe and so it was dubbed the Pool.” “The Pond...” He murmured, seemingly lost in thought.
~
A large koi bobbed to the surface. Like others, it had a small orb on it’s head and a glowing blue spine. She watched it, then her ears pricked and she turned as the Doctor once more came through the graying undergrowth. “They really should stop sending you. One would think they would let me die in peace. It is not like you can help.” “Well we might get somewhere if you told me what you need help with.” He replied. She sighed. “One who can transfer their soul like we can to help hold it together. Of course, it would be a start to have one that at least believes in souls.” “You don’t have a soul.” He insisted. “It’s a psychic ability your people posses that after many generations is believed to be a soul.” Her head tilted to the side. “Generations?” “Wait- You don't have generations? There's no way you’re that old...” She shrugged. “I do not know what you mean, Doctor, but we have never had these...generations.” “Didn't you have parents? Children?” He questioned. “No. There was no need to reproduce. Not when we could last so long. It would have been unnecessary.” The Doctor looked around. She flicked her tail. “You do not have to accept their invitation to come. You can deny the dream if you wanted.” The Doctor gave her a grin. “But that'd mean I’d lose the chance to save you, now wouldn't it?” She shook her head. “There is nothing you can do. With me sharing my…"psychic powers" with it, it is weakening me. The weaker I am the more it tries to pull apart. Soon it will disperse, and I with it.” The Doctor began to pace. “Well, what if you just let go?” She tilted her head slightly. “The planet would pull apart from beneath my own paws and I would be stuck in the middle of nowhere. Not that I would let go.” She added. He looked at her. “Why wouldn't you?” She looked at him with her eyes showing conflicting emotions, her voice firm. “How does one let go of the only thing they have? My fellows are gone. This planet is all I have left. And I will die with it, like it should be.” He looked around once more. “But, if you don't let go you won't have long. The quakes are becoming more frequent, and the cracks are getting deeper.” She nodded. “It will finally be the end of my kind. It will be as if we were never even here. If what you said before is true, and we are ancient, then that is a lot of years wasted on a species that has nothing to show for the time it was allotted.” The Doctor grabbed her by the shoulders and she frowned. “You will survive, and you will have something to show for all this time.” She gently pushed his hands away. “I am not used to physical contact. Please do not do that. Your effort to save me has been noted. You need not carry through with the action.” There was a glimmer in his eyes. “But I will.”
~
She winced as she stood, hardly able to stay upright as the ground continuously rumbled. Her breath came in gasps as she stumbled around, finally collapsing. Her claws sank into the grey soil, and she closed her eyes. The rumbling and crashing around her prevented her from hearing the approach of the blue box. “Need a hand?” his now-familiar voice rang out over the planet’s groans. She looked up, and shook her head. “I can not accept. I will die with Gi:lim:rera. It is what has to be!” There was fear woven into her voice. “It doesn't have to be that way!” The Doctor yelled over the planet’s rumbling. “Come with me! I can find another planet for you to inhabit.” She looked at everything around her. “That will just mean more isolation. If not ended by fire I will just go on without a purpose, in solitude. I do not wish to exist in such a manner!” She cried. “You don’t have to be alone!” He told her. “There are more species in the universe than imaginable! You can find one to coexist with!” She looked up at him, unable to process anything as the planet began to break apart into pieces. The Doctor reached down from the box and grabbed her paw. For a split second she was frozen, then she detached herself from the planet and let him pull her into the box. She stood at the door and watched as the planet dissolved into nothing. She closed her eyes and turned away, and looked around. “Your machine seems to be larger from this perspective, though I sense that is not the first time you have been told.” She said, her voice void of everything. He had begun to fiddle with the many interworkings, and so she wandered to a desolate corner. She sat down. “It is truly gone. Please tell me that is not true.” After a pause his voice came softly. “It is.” She shook her head. “You should have left me. A single ChiKera is not worth saving. A King that cannot even remember her own name. I am shamed. I am nothing.” “No. You are the last of your kind, a relic in itself. You probably have more information than you think, stories that should be passed on.” He was now standing beside her. She turned, looked up at him, a paw on her center orb. She turned and looked back at the floor, speechless.

Comments appreciated. The drawing's not done...but ehh. Also, my apologies that the story doesn't really have an ending...nothing's coming to me. -shrugs-

*Creatures rotate when you refresh =}
**Art by
TheCalicoTabby
Image Call me Tulip (he/him) ^┬^
My scroll, feel free to PM with breeding negotiations
KingTulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: King (me) + lame fanfic = ehhh [w.i.p.]

Postby .Phoenix. » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Wow, your character and story are awesome!

she reminds me of a khajit......
.Phoenix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: King (me) + lame fanfic = ehhh [w.i.p.]

Postby KingTulip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm

You really think so? Thanks!