Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Nadona Adoptions V.2! [Now open for Posting!] by Metallic Dragon

Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Nadona Adoptions V.2! [Now open for Posting!]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Well hello... So uh... I was bored and then I was like, 'Metta, you should draw Anomaly and Jason cuz they don't get any love ever anymore' and then I was like, 'No, you should re-make the nadona adoptions on oekaki because you can' and so I did. And there they are.
Except it's been such a long time, I don't know if anyone even remembers these guys. Well even if you don't, come adopt one, because yeah, they're awesome and stuff! The old adoption center is here. I closed it such a long time ago... yeesh, anyway, hopefully with my new art skills, nadonas are back and better than ever!

Nadonas, although feisty, are a very shy species. They have the general structure of a deer, however, they have long whip-like tails with a tuft of silky fur at the tip. Despite their bright colors and markings, few had been spotted until November 14, 2010. However, once one had been captured and tamed, many others began to appear, all sporting interesting color variations.
Interestingly enough, the nadonas suddenly grew scarce again near the beginning of July 2011 and it was believed that they had been taken by a strange epidemic. They recently began to appear once more and Metta has returned to the adoption center once more.

Species Information
Male nadonas are usually smaller in size than the females and all sport large antlers that curve backward similar to that of a goat. However, their horns gain sharp spikes as they grow older, gaining anywhere from one to three spikes every few years. Males are usually quite mellow and use their colors and designs to attract a mate. Once they have bred and the fawn/s are born, the female takes off, leaving the male to care for the babies until they are old enough to survive on their own.

Female nadonas are the larger and more vicious of the species. Despite their gentle, feminine look, the females squabble constantly, sometimes wounding each other severely and, on occasion, killing each other.
This is one of the very few species in which the female bears the young and then completely abandons them without a second thought. They seem to have no maternal instinct at all, leaving the fawns to cry until their father appears to comfort and protect them. However, when the fawns are grown, the mother treats them as she would any other nadona. She quarrells with the females and gets along well with the males. Females will never allow inbreeding since they are able to recognize their grown children.

Fawns are usually born with weak stubby legs that take them a few hours to get control of. They must be fed every 30 minutes the first week after birth and then once every two hours until they have grown enough to fend for themselves. Female fawns usually take off first, unable to bear being around their sisters for very long. The males, however, do not leave their father's side until their horns begin to show. At this point, the father leaves them as well and the male youth stick together in a sort of herd until their horns grow in completely.
Last edited by Metallic Dragon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Links

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Rules

1. There will be no complaining.
2. Do not spam
3. Don't question Metta's authority!
4. Please respect all artists and moderators
5. No guilt tripping people. It's rude.
6. Please don't ask for runner ups
7. Do not ask to be added as staff
8. No begging, bribes, etc
9. Meh, for now the limit is going to be 10

Da box of Links:
G1 Nadona Revamps [Open]
Last edited by Metallic Dragon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Available Nadonas

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Currently up for adoption:
None
Last edited by Metallic Dragon on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nadona Adoptions V.2! [Now open for Posting!]

Postby Gà. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Never heard of these until now

Love the lines <333
Gà.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you^^ It's been so long, I was sure that they'd turn out hideous. But I'm quite proud of them^^
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MochaTheLlama » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow! I never thought I'd see these guys make a comeback, but I'm really glad that you're starting up the species again! c:

Forgot about my lovelies for a while.. need to draw them more. xD
MochaTheLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 am

Mocha! I didn't think I'd ever bring them back either, but I couldn't help myself! Haha, also, old nadonas will not count toward your limit, which at the moment, I haven't set a limit haha xD
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starless Eyes » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am

Oooooh
Preeeeety