Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Species idea by newt

Artist newt [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 9

Species idea

Postby newt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 am

This is super old, so I wanted to post it. Anyway, it's a species idea I had a while ago. The skeleton is pretty horrible but I wanted to try drawing bones, so yeah. And one of the legs is shorter than the other. I'll fix it later e.e
I'm not sure about the name, it's just something I thought up... maybe figment foxes?
Info:
❀ At least one of their eyes is always grey. The other can also be grey, or a non-coat color.
❀ In summer, they have short body fur and bright colors, with longer, shinier manes to show off during mating season.
❀ In winter, they have the same patterns, but with natural colors. Their fur is also much fluffier.
❀ Their breeding season is in the fall, right before their fur starts to change. They find mates during the summer. Some mate for life, some do not.
❀ Their coat consists of 1-2 colors. Sometimes they have three colors, but this is rare. All shades of the color can be used (i.e. a pink one can have red, light pink, etc markings). Winter coats often have more contrast between the coat shades (as seen in the example), but not always.
❀ They have a swirl at the tip of their tails.
❀ They have no magical powers, but are usually pretty smart.
❀ They used to be hunted for their fur, but are now usually captured to be pets. However, they generally do not acclimate well to being captured and being kept in cages. It is suggested that if you want one as a companion, you should find a reputable breeder or go out in the wild and try and befriend one yourself.

Whatever, just what I came up with. Would anyone be interested in adopting? I'll probably update the lines a little.
newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me