Appa - lemondropkitten by Sketchy

Based on Click to view
Artist Sketchy [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Appa - lemondropkitten

Postby Sketchy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 am

*Do NOT post here unless you win the ratlet!

Information wrote:Female. Dumbo, Unnatural colors/markings with 2 nearly solid shimmery rings around the torso and deep blue eyes.
Shows unnatural colors/markings and strange rings as a mutation. May carry, but doesn't show, Manx(tailless) gene.
Enjoys growing and harvesting plants, fungi, ect. Can not resist laying in the field on a cloudless night, stargazing.
Official Date of Birth: January 1st, 2013
Date of Adoption: January 28th, 2013

For more information, please head over to: Chitter Squeek Rattery

Colors (c) Sketchy
Lines (c) Stephanie "Sketchy" 2012
CSR (c) Stephanie "Sketchy" 2012

Click for Reference
!Please do not demand art from me, it will be ignored!
No matter how "nicely" you put it. I'm not an art-slave.

*Thank you Spotty <3*
Click on Skertchy to see her
page(includes more pictures!)

Sketchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Appa - lemondropkitten

Postby lemondropkitten » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am

Thank you so much for my lovely Appa <3

!Contest rat!

Username:
lemondropkitten

Rat number:
SS3

Why do you want to adopt?
I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. I mean, her rings, her coloring, what's not to love? I especially adore her blue/black markings. She's so simple and yet so complex, I just can't resist her. I got so many ideas for her personality and art for her, I just had to fill out a form for her, even though it's a little late. I feel little Appa would fit right in with my other rats, Pacana, Memoria, Clover, Espíritu, and Atsuko. Though I do feel a little bad for Atsuko, being my only male rat and being surrounded by females, I don't think he minds much. I just... I can't explain how much I love her. She's just so darling! Just look at her. How can her face not melt you're heart? I just can't stop staring at her. I had a hard time picking out a rat to try for, considered trying for more then one, decided not to, and so I spent more then a day trying to decided which one to try for. After considering it, I decided she was the one I loved the most.
Then I had to pick out a name, and a couple names came to mind. Blueberry, Appa, and Solar, and spent a minute deciding on that. I decided to name her Appa. I would absolutely love, love, love to get Appa. I might not be able to make the form as good as I would have liked it to be, as I entered so late, but I hope you enjoy and I hope I will be considered as this girl's new owner. I would not ignore her, and she would be treated very well. Thank you for the chance at getting this girl.

Rat Name:
Appa.
I am not sure why I chose this name. I don't know if it means anything, and I think I just liked the way it sounded and I think it fits her

Personality:
Likes to be alone.
Appa is the type of rat who prefers to be alone. It's not that she doesn't like other rats, it's just that she prefers not to be around them too much. Since she sleeps during the day mostly, when she wakes up the other rats are asleep or are falling asleep. Sometimes she sneaks out during the day if she can't sleep, to tend to the mushrooms and fungi and other plants. When the other rats ask her to play, she just grunts softly and curls her tail over her face. She can get rather grumpy if she is surrounded by rats all the time, and when she is grumpy you really do not want to be around her. One time, Lemon took all the rats to the beach, and, well... lets just say Appa was not happy about that trip. Surrounded by people and rats with no fungi in sight? To Appa, that is not fun.
Kind.
Appa is a kind rat, though can become frustrated and grumpy if she is around other rats for a while. She likes to help people, when she has to, but normally is a loner. If she sees someone fall, she will go to see if they are okay, and will help Lemon make salads. But only salads, she won't help make any other food (well, sometimes she helps make cinnamon popcorn, too.) She is not always kind, but usually she is. One time, Pacana was on the kitchen counter, tripped, and fall off. When later that day Appa saw Pacana limping, she went over and asked her if she was okay. As it turned out, Pacana had a sprained paw, but she never would have told anyone if Appa hadn't asked. So thanks to Appa, Pacana's paw got better. Appa is defiantly a kind rat... when she wants to be.
Talks slowly.
Appa talks very slowly. For example, she will wait at least one second before saying the next word, so it looks like "Hello. I. Am. Appa." She never talks really fast, and her voice is soft and soothing, yet quite loud. She almost has a melodic voice, and unlike Atsuko, she does talk quite a bit, just, as said, very slowly. And sometimes her words will end in a question mark, even if she is not asking a question. Example, one day she might say "Hello. I. Am. Appa?" even though she wanted to say just, "Hello. I. Am. Appa." No one knows why this is, and may never know. Everyone knows, however, Appa is absolutely quite a slow talker.
Sleeps during the day a lot.
Appa is mostly nocturnal. On a rare occasion, she might be awake during the day, but not for too long. While everyone is awake, Appa is curled up under her bedding in her cage, or snuggled between some of the pillows on the couch, asleep. As soon as the lights go out, or a little bit after, and the first moonlight shines down, Appa wakes up and heads outside to tend to the garden and fungi and other things. When Lemon wakes up, she usually finds a trail of muddy paw prints leading from the door to Appa's cage or the couch. Appa almost always smells earthy, like dirt and mud and grass. Appa finds those scents the best scents, next to Cinnamon popcorn, her favorite snack.
A star gazer.
As soon as Appa wakes up at night, she dashes outside to watch the stars. She loves to stargaze, a little bit for a minute when she first goes outside, then she gardens and tends to fungi, and then she stargazers some more, until the first rays of dawn break over the horizon. She loves identifying constellations, watching the planets, and making wishes to the brightest stars. She hates cloudy, rainy nights, or cold winter nights. Still, even in winter, she will go out and stargaze.

✔ Fungi
✔ Gardening
✔ Salads
✔ Cinnamon popcorn
✔ Star gazing
✔ Summer nights
✔ Being alone
✔ Quiet days
✔ Vegetables

Dislikes:
✘ Rainy nights
✘ Winter
✘ Cloudy nights
✘ Being awake during the day
✘ Having no cinnamon popcorn for over three days
✘ Fast talking people
✘ Mean people
✘ Beaches
✘ Snow
✘ Dull tasting foods

Birthday:
January 1st

Quirks:
wip

What do you plan on doing with your rat?
I would sketch her in my sketchbook, doodle her on random pieces of paper, and love her. She is based on one of my favorite planets, and she loves fungi, what's not to love about her? I myself love fungi, mushrooms, moss, and other plants, and often go on walks in the woods just to find them. I would take Appa on my shoulder for walks in the woods, and we would look for plants and fungi together (as long as she isn't asleep.) I would be very happy to own her, and she would be very much loved. I would add her to my Chitter Squeek Rattery rats thread, and include her in a story or two every now and then.

If you feel you can no longer care for your Rat, will you return it here to find a new home?
Yes

Art and/or Story:
wip
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups