Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Azturpealean Serpent Lines by Pure Dragon

Artist Pure Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Azturpealean Serpent Lines

Postby Pure Dragon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Species lines for my friend Cal. :3 Has male and female versions. ^^
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Azturpealean Serpent Lines

Postby ChristainAnimalLover » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:25 pm

So perfect!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!! <3 ♥ (x 1,000)

EDIT:
New name ideas -
    Tu'vokian Serpents
    Vuviel Serpents
    Belaraviel Serpents
    Rithrandel Serpents
    Tinaraniel Serpents
    Galarawyn Serpents
    Ven-Ghan/Van-Ghan Serpents
    Analiese Serpents
    Randazzo Serpents
    Mendoza Serpents
    Kania Serpents
    P'Jem Serpents
    Ghazizaden Serpents
    Ghazi Serpents
    Zaden Serpents
    Gwyrin Serpents
    Thoveth Serpents
    Lilandra(in) Serpents
    Shi'ar Serpents
    Xalaxxi(an) Serpents
    Acarish Zy Serpents
    Acarish(ian) Serpents
    Sarvu Krayu Serpents
    Sarvu(tain) Serpents
    Krayu(tain) Serpents
    Sujen/Su'jen Serpents
    Slaasu(tain) Serpent
    Touren/Turen/Tauren Serpents
    Kru(tain) Serpents
    Erentzi(tain) Serpents
Field Guide

- _____ Serpents are a very large mammal, with a reptilian-like appearance. They were discovered in a hidden valley at the heart of Alaska. No one can explain the valley's creation, or even comprehend how it can exist. So far, these Serpents seem to be the dominant species of the valley.
- Serpents seem to be friendly if treated kindly; a few could almost be classified as tame. They seem to be very smart and learn unbelievably fast.
- They live on land for the most part, but can stay underwater for hours at a time. Though no gills are visible, we have to assume they have some way of converting water into oxygen.
- These Serpents are very sensitive and very loyal. They seem to prefer one handler as apposed to multiple. Once one person gains the trust of a Serpent, an unexplainable bond is formed.
- It has been discovered that Serpents are mildly telepathic, but only with the one human they choose. A Serpent can survive if it's human dies or leaves, but not too happily in captivity; they'd do better released back into the valley, where they can rejoin their "pack".
- Many Serpents have been successfully trained as mounts, and can be ridden easily. It is easiest to train and ride your Serpent with mostly telepathic commands and the equivalent of a horse halter, and reins of course; they will not tolerate bits and saddles are unnecessary - a rider can sit comfortably on the shoulders.
- When swimming short distances or at slower paces, Serpents swim much like that of a dog, slowing treading water with all four legs moving independently. When diving or going long distances, Serpents stretch their legs out along their body and move similarly to an eel, weaving back and forth. When diving they can reach speeds of 50-60 MPH.
- We have seen a huge variety in hide coloration and patter; natural and pastel colors seem to be most common, and no "neon" or "clashing" colors have ever been recorded. Their claws, horns, dorsal spikes and crests tend to all be the same color(unless influenced by markings). There don't appear to be any genetic limits with eye color; heterochromia is not rare. Chimeric hides are not unheard of, though they don't appear to be too common.
- Their hide is made of very tightly knit scales that can contract and expand slightly - when their hide is wet it is contracted, sleek and rubbery to the touch(like a dolphin or orca); when their hide is dry, it is expanded, having a more scaly effect(like a snake or skink).
- Serpents are rather dragon-like in physical appearance, with the exception of their head, which looks more horse-like. Perhaps they are related to the ancient dinosaurs.
- All Serpents are born with a name, and only reveal it to the human they have bonded with. No two Serpents have ever had the same name. Most names sound like a foreign language.
- All Serpents are straight. They lay 1-2 eggs.
- When swimming quickly, their fluke folds in half, kinda like a sea lion's.
- Their ears are like that of a lizard's.
- Their diet consist of mostly seaweed with some crab and small fish(like Minos or sardines). When hunting, it is common for them to dive after their food. They also seem find herbs and seasonings absolutely amazing; most Serpents will do almost anything for a sprig of rosemary or pinch of pepper.
- They possess a good sense of smell, a better sense of hearing, but their eyes are the strongest(night-vision included).
- It is common to see them digging shallows in the sand for naps. Because their elbows point out rather than along their body, they throw the moist sand to either side of them, rather than underneath. When they run, their bodies sway side to side rhythmically(like Boga from Star Wars III). They can get up to 30-40 MPH when running on level ground.
- Their best defense when threatened or attacked is their tail - made of mostly muscle, they use it like a whip and can exert up to 100lbs of force; they can also swing their neck, though this is not as effective. A less common defense is their claws; their legs are stronger than their tail and would be more effective against attacks, but being mostly passive creatures, they seem to find it difficult to greatly harm one another. Before attacking, they arch their necks and tails as warning, usually this is all that is needed for the challenger to back down. They don't get too physical when fighting, the skirmish is usually settled after only 1-3 blows have been traded.
- When playing they throw their whole bodies around and prance about with their heads held high as if they've just found a great treasure(much like what most Great Danes look like when playing); they can also get kinda clumsy and flighty when overly excited.
Serpents prefer the brisk 50-65 degree(F) climate of their valley; they love rain and thunderstorms, bringing out their wildest side. The seem to love the smell of an approaching storm - the wet air and damp dirt. Serpents also like to play in the water in like Humpback whales - diving to great depths and then charging the surface, leaping into the air and then crashing against the water; younger Serpents love playing in the huge waves and wakes of the adult's landings.
Last edited by ChristainAnimalLover on Fri May 15, 2015 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Toyhou.se

DeviantArt

[url=*]Carrd[/url]

female . she/her . INFP
USA . Christian . Night Owl
Artist . Writer . Reader

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Credits: pfp | space divider | left art | right art | moon | </>
ChristainAnimalLover

My pets
My items
My wishlist