Snowflake - Ditzy Derp by Sketchy

Based on Click to view
Artist Sketchy [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Snowflake - Ditzy Derp

Postby Sketchy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:28 pm

*Do NOT post here unless you win the ratlet!

Information wrote:Female. Standard, Natural Albino. Was part of the spinal injury tests(they were able to cure the rats' paralysis using blue food dye, that turned their skin and eyes blue).
Shows albinism. May carry, but doesn't show, mutations and unnatural colors.
Terrified of needles and has trouble running for long periods.
Official Date of Birth: December 30th, 2012
Date of Adoption: January 7th, 2013(taken home on January 14th, 2013)

For more information, please head over to: Chitter Squeek Rattery

Colors (c) Sketchy
Lines (c) Stephanie "Sketchy" 2012
CSR (c) Stephanie "Sketchy" 2012
!Please do not demand art from me, it will be ignored!
No matter how "nicely" you put it. I'm not an art-slave.

*Thank you Spotty <3*
Click on Skertchy to see her
page(includes more pictures!)

Sketchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Snowflake - Ditzy Derp

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 am

She looks so pretty as an adult <3

Username:
Ditzy Derp

Ratlet Number:
Dun dun dun! Who will it be?
None other than the lovely #3

Why do you want to adopt?
I've always absolutely adored albinos. I don't know if it's their simplicity, their colors, or what, I've just always loved them. But then I see this girl, a blue dyed albino. Blue happens to be my favorite color, so of course blue + albino = love. I also feel like we're a little bit alike. I also have trouble running for very long, and though I've had enough experience with needles not to be terrified of them, I don't exactly love them either.

Rat Name:
Snowflake, previously "Experiment P2-X7"

When I first saw her, the light blue and white kind of reminded me of a snowflake. Then I looked up a few articles on the spinal cord testing, since I'd never heard of that, and I got the "Experiment P2-X7" thing from how the blue dye worked against the P2X7 receptor to treat the injury. *gaaasp* I did research? What madness is this?

Personality: (Likes, dislikes, how they react to people, other rats, etc.)
Snowflake can be a very shy, nervous rat. She used to be social and confident, but that changed after the spinal test paralyzed her. Though the blue dye helped her recover, Snowflake found it hard not to be fearful now that she had been crippled. Snowflake was never much of a fighter, even less so after the test, and the consequences of having her spine damaged left her unable to run fast or far without excruciating pain. Neither fight nor flight would help her in a dangerous situation, so she tries to play it as safe as she can and keeps cautious with new places or people.

When Snowflake is in a familiar situation however, you can see a hint of her former self in the way she behaves. She knows her limits. She knows if she can jump off that trash can, or climb up that shelf, and that helps her confidence in a place she knows well. This isn't limited to just places either. Snowflake is far more willing to come out of her shell with people she knows than with new faces. Though earning her trust is the hard part, it isn't too difficult to keep it. Snowflake isn't fond of being lonely, and she always welcomes a familiar friend.

Once you get past the barrier that is her shyness, Snowflake can really be a fun rat to be around. She isn't much of a runner, but knows plenty of entertaining (sometimes even downright mischievous) things to do in her spare time. Knowing what it's like to be left out of games that while perfectly fine for others can be physically straining for her, Snowflake always tries to think of activities that everyone can be a part of.

*Snow
*Soft bedding
*Fruit/Fresh food
*Looking for shapes in the clouds
*Calm, peaceful places
*Marshmallows
*Beautiful views
*Hide and seek

Dislikes:
*Needles
*Pointy objects in general
*Lab blocks
*Back pain
*Being mistaken for a boy because of her blue skin
*Hectic days with lots of noise
*Scary movies
*The vet
*Cramped spaces

Quirks: (Little things like "Enjoys sleeping on her back", "Loves hoarding candy wrappers", etc.)
Snowflake looooves collecting cotton balls. They're soft on her back, so she enjoys tearing and fluffing them up into piles for her bed. When cotton balls are in short supply, she'll use other soft materials to sleep on, but cotton balls are her preferred choice.

When she's scared or nervous, Snowflake tends to fiddle with her tail. It's a funny little habit of hers that she's had even before the spinal injury experiment.

Besides being terrified of needles, she jumps at the sight of anything that even looks like a needle. This includes but is not limited to: nails, thumbtacks, and even the point of a pencil. She'll usually relax when she realizes it's not a needle after all, though still be a little wary.

What do you plan on doing with your rat? (Roleplay, Make art of, Hoard art of, etc.)
I'll look forward to writing her a more detailed backstory, as well as drawing her and coloring her in editables. She's a beautiful rat and I want to give her the love she deserves.

If you feel you can no longer care for your Rat, will you return it here to find a new home?
I don't think I'd have to put Snowflake through that, after all she's been through with the testing, but I would if I felt she needed a better home.

Artwork/Story?
Both art pieces by me. The top one is a color in of my own rat editable.
By Hoshikuzu
ImageImage.......
deviantART

"Our long bygone burdens,
mere echoes of the spring,
but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
If dreams can't come true,
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse