Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Behind the Green by Hekomi

Artist Hekomi [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Behind the Green

Postby Hekomi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am

I've wanted to make one of these since Verdana made hers, but I'm really awful at drawing humans so I've been putting it off. But I think that it's a good idea for me to make it. So here I am, behind my green facade. I wish I could draw un-stylized, but alas. The timer is completely accurate, though I think this message may take me longer to write than the drawing.

Behind my green name I am a person just like each and every one of you. I am unique in my own ways, with my own strengths, weaknesses and flaws. It's easy to forget that we too are here to have fun just like you guys when we have to enact discipline. But just like everyone in the world we too are not flawless.

I have three half-siblings who are decades older than me, and one mother and one absent father. Each of us looks almost entirely different. I resemble almost no one in my family.

It took me a while to find my own sense of beauty. In high school I struggled with my appearance and weight. Like any teen I got acne, too many blackheads, and just overall hated my appearance. What didn't help this was a gradual weight gain through the end of highschool into the beginning of university which culminated at me weighing 200lbs almost a year and a half ago.

Since then I have exercised, dieted and now weigh 125lbs give or take a few. This was not easy and it took me a while to like my appearance.

I have thick shoulders from swimming, and huge thighs. I inherited my family's shortness, only standing at 5'4''. My short little legs make it hard for me to keep up with my friends. But I've come to love myself for who I am and accept that my hair will never decide to go straight on its own, or that maybe the blackheads on my nose won't ever go away. I can point out other physical flaws I see in myself but I try not to dwell on the negative. I have a loving boyfriend and a fantastic family who are amazed by the transformation I've gone through, losing over 70lbs. And it shows. The road wasn't easy. I've been there. And I don't want to go back.

But I'm also not perfect when it comes to the way I act. My mum says I talk too loudly and don't know when to shut up. This is pretty true. I'm also rather argumentative and I don't give my mum the respect she deserves when she tries to tell me off for bad behaviour. In truth I owe my success to her. But that's a story unto itself.

I can be rude and snappy if approached wrongly, and I'm inherently lazy. I try to keep up with everything but I am always biting off more than I can chew. I end up in messes this way. I like to be a leader, but I have trouble organizing things. I get mad too, just like everyone else, and sometimes I act irrationally. I have a hard time being patient when I expect something to happen or come.

Sometimes I make mistakes and then I feel awful. I'm overly sensitive and when I know I've messed up I fight back the tears. At least on the internet I have time to think before I respond and wonderful friends to stand by my back and help me, or even catch me when I fall. As I mature I have gotten far more patient, and far less rude as well. I try to treat everyone with kindness and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes this leads to me being too nice and getting walked all over. That happens too.

I'm going to quote Verdana on her last part here, because I don't think I can sum this up better than she did.

Verdana wrote:This is not about bullying or cruelty or my own wish to vent my own misery. On the contrary, CS, you always treat me wonderfully, and for that I’m very, very grateful. But sometimes it’s easy to forget that the internet is not just one big computer game.

It’s full of people, and people are wonderful and strange and imperfect, just like you.

And everyday I am thankful for CS, for its members, its staff and all my friends I've made on this journey. CS came to me during a very difficult part in my life and has been there for me since. The people I've met here have changed my life and I will never forget you guys. Even if I may not always reply to PMs, or come to chatrooms, or host JMs, I care about each and every one of you deeply and I am always here if you need someone to chat to or even a shoulder for support.

Thank you.
Komi
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Behind the Green

Postby NinthWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am

This is so beautiful! <3
Fursona
Signature art by Emberwolf and avatar by Spotty

Not too active on here anymore but I still check back if you need anything!
NinthWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndianaSnow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am

Is that your real hair color?! I've been dying to dye it that color!!!! I. Especially like what you did with the background. Also, did I say I loved the hair color? 030
IndianaSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 am

TheNinthWolf wrote:This is so beautiful! <3

<3 Thank you!

IndianaSnow wrote:Is that your real hair color?! I've been dying to dye it that color!!!! I. Especially like what you did with the background. Also, did I say I loved the hair color? 030

It's pretty close. Verdana says it's blonder. I have copper-y coloured hair with blonde highlights in it right now. And thanks! I hate backgrounds so I was at a loss of what to do. <3

Actually one thing that may come up, that I didn't post about was my eyes.

I have mild heterochromia iridium [two coloured eyes]. It's not super noticeable unless you know to look for it or it's sunny. My right eye is actually a dark hazel [I have a hard time finding the proper colour... e___e] whereas the other is just plain brown. The right pupil is also slightly deformed, and is in the shape of an upside down heart. It probably affects my depth perception but I think I must not notice it too much.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndianaSnow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 am

Really? I never really new what was up with my eyes but... One of mine is green and the other is brown Ina part the the rest is blue... And they switch depending on the season... Now I know what it is XD. My pupils are fine besides the fact one is larger then the other. Always. And, my hair is a bleach blonde. Your really good at drawing, I suck at it 030
Edit: I just re read the discretion and noticed... We are so much alike 030
IndianaSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am

-hugs-
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndianaSnow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 am

Gatoh you should do one o3o
IndianaSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

IndianaSnow wrote:Gatoh you should do one o3o

Nobody should be forced to witness my atrocious digital art, believe me ;)
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sir » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:56 am

I love this <3