Based on Click to view
Artist Crocodile-God [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
40 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hearth Rune

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 am

Hearth Rune

Whoa! Haven't seen one of these guys in at least a century or two. This gargantuan rune is called a Hearth Rune, sometimes nick named the "Hearth Guardian" or "Thunder Tread". Rightfully so mind you. These giants are almost always found slumbering in old ruins or tombs scattered throughout Eldemore, blending in surprisingly well with the ancient stones. The reason that not much is really known about them is most likely the fact that they can sleep for centuries at a time. This one seems to be about...mmm 200 years old maybe. Which is very young for his kind. Their skin is fully made of stone and rock, sometimes even taking in the ruins themselves. Elders of this species have been recorded to have entire cities on their backs. Though they seem to be big, lumbering beast, Hearth Runes are actually gentle Giants, having a real soft spot for companionship and conversation. Due to their wingless and massive bodies, they are unable to fly. Instead of wings, they seem to have grown arms, helping to shovel lumber, rock, and sediment into their giant mouths. A Hearth's favorite food item seems to be Iron ore. No idea why.

(( Tried to go all out on this guy since he's my last rune on CS...T__T...gonna miss it... ))

RULES:

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Form:

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Crocodile-God on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hearth Rune

Postby Vespur » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 am

OMG
I knew I seen this rune on the new art forms. Haha. xD Entering.

Reserved.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage

Size:Huge, about the size of a bus
Weight: 200 Pounds
Quote: "Remember things can always change." By the Song.
Favorites:
Food: Iron metal, coil, and perhaps limestone rocks, yet human food enjoys shrimp.
Drink: Boiled up Milk, or Water.
Movie:
Song:

Owner Name:
Bati
Name:
Arsinal.
Personality:
[] Rebel [] Brave [] Uncontrolled [] Clueless at Times [] Cute[]
Where will you keep him, and why do I want him:
~
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
Other:

"Big glow eyes stared out at me.
Large as cabinets I see in thee.
I didn't cower before him for he wished a friend,
and so I found the rune that has lived with no end."
~~~~

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WIP

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:04 am

Wow Dracos! What an awesome and unique Rune! It looks fantastic! I love all the firey effects.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 am

May have to try for him~
Nah. I'll pass. Others deserve him more than me~
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 am

Omg, he's so awesome (why does all the most awesome Runes come at the same time? lol, just my luck to have it like that)! :'D
Unfortunately I might not have enough strenght to try out for him (blah, I'm sick and I hate it, due to that I won't be able to paint a picture that I really wanted to paint before Christmas for everyone who's into the Runes). ;_;
Maybe if I get better within the upcoming few days I might be able to try out for him (though, right now it feels like I'll never get better, my fever goes up and down all the time...).
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:59 am

Wow. This guy is just... Wow. Reserved with the name Golem.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horneddragon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:56 am

The Bearer and The Owner|~

Owner Name:
Horneddragon
Bearer Name:
Mallory Mariccia Twist
Bearer Age:
25 years
Bearer Profession:
Carney

Back Story:
"Oh you want to hear about me?" *laughs* Well you see, I was born on the streets, a mistake of a rich nobleman and a common peasant woman, I was never wanted by either and was abandoned to die just as soon as I could walk. I was alone in the world for a time, living off scraps thrown out of the back of the local butcher shop, competing with the street runes and junk yard dogs for those measly and other wise uneatable scraps not fit for a human to consume. I probably would have died there, If it hadn't been for Ole' One Eye. Original name I know, but the man really only had one eye. He saw me locked in a fight with a common street rune for food and took pity on me, I can still remember the feel of his large hands as he effortlessly plucked me from the claws of the rune I had been fighting with. I can still see the look in his large watery green eye as e looked me over" *laughs* "I can still remember the first words he ever said to me 'Ehy thar little lassy, yer right pretty far a little street urchin, 'ows about I take you back to the circ and we find you some real grub and warmer cloths?' And there it was, I had found a home. I guess in hind sight I should have been a bit more wary, but I was so hungry, all that I wanted was that food. Luckily for me, One eye was a good man, and he delivered on his promise to me. I grew up here, raised a carny, Its the only life I know. But hey enough about me, I'm on duty here at the booth, and I've talked enough as is. So, wanna Play a game?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Other|~

Rhiannon:
Ancient of Samhain
~|Rhiannon used to be alone|~
Until the faithful day he met his beloved Mallory, who gave him a name and a place to call his own. He is a kind and awkward soul. He is unused to his human form and suffers from fits and shakiness when in it for too long. He as old as the Samhain celebration itself, and cannot remember his life before he became an ancient.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

General info|~

Gender Born:
Male
Size:
Width: 28.96 Meters
Height: 60.98 Meters
Length: .4 Kilometers
Wing Span: N/A

Current Age:
~ 200 years
Fur color:
A hard stone grey

Eye color:
Fiery yellow
Notable Quirks:
Love of flowers
Its not just limited to Flowers
this Goliath boy have an innate
love of all growing things. Not
to mention a fiery green thumb.
He will stop on his long lumbering
journeys to literally smell the roses
or to touch and caress their soft petals.

The sin of Sloth
He is a very sluggish rune
everything he does takes much
longer than it normally should.
He is slow and almost methodical
in every aspect of his life. Some
wonder how hes is not truly made
out of stone for how slow he moves.

Name to be given:
Freninir
~|Behind the name|~
Truth be told, i just thought Freninir sounded good. When i saw this rune I knew right off he needed a name that sounded ancient enough yet had enough ring and elegance to it it could be put to a giant monolithic rune fit to carry a city on his back. I feel I was successful in naming him Freninir, It has all the ring and elegance i wanted wile still sounding old enough for this rune.

Personality:
Feninir is slow, It is easily the first thing most who come into contact with him see. Not necessarily in mind, but in every aspect that he is. When he moves he moves in a steady methodical pace, Yet once he starts moving it takes him a wile to stop once again. He has an innate love of growing thins, flowers trees plants in general. He nurtures and cares for them the best he can but if they die on them he shovels the dead remains into the fire in his chest as a way of keeping them close to his heart.

He is generally a sweet heart, though he is a bit awkward around society and fears all technology. the best reason for this is he is from a much different and much more simple time that the one that he has woken up in. he tends to stay out away from the cities and quite frankly does not like to leave the ruins he awoke in.

Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Any Quirks:
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/center][/center]
Last edited by Horneddragon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirbylover901 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 am

Dropping out, I don't have as much love for this guy as before. ^^
Last edited by Kirbylover901 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby izauura » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

Reserving ;o;
izauura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Get Up, Sleeping Beauty.

Postby mulder » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 am

Nnn, Dracos, we'll miss you ;-;

General Info wrote:Image
A Song of Roaring Dreams wrote:x
What I gain, I lose; what I gain, I lose
Even on the nights I cried, alone, among these changing times
Everything is right here, everything; I should still
Be able to go on by myself~
x

.Bearer Name.
Aleksander 'Alek' Westerfeld
.Size.
Nearly the size of an average shuttle bus.
.Weight.
2,000 pounds, max.
.Age.
218 years.
.Theme Song.
It's Time- Imagine Dragons
I reccomend listening to this song while going through
the personality; it really adds to the mood, at least for me.

.Username.
Rufioh Nitram
.Name.
Hephaestus
------
Hephaestus was the Greek God of fire and blacksmiths.
This dragon is nicknamed Festus.

.Gender.
Male
.Personality.
|| Shy|Self-Conscious|Compassionate|Passionate|Appreciative ||

Festus was always made fun of because of his gargantuan size, and over time, this has made him very self-concious. He's conpletely afraid to talk to other dragons, as they are generally much smaller than him. Many of the taunts thrown at him before he had fallen into his slumber were that if he wasn't careful, he would crush the city. The banter weighed down his heart, making him feel worse and worse, as if he was inadequate to every other dragon. As if he was a freak of nature, it wasn't his fault he was born large! The bullying began from very early on, and in turn, that caused Festus to grow a fear of going outside, therefore he never met any other dragons of his kind. He believed he was alone, a freak show, though deep down he wanted to stand up for himself. He is quite soft-spoken, not one to really voice his opinion, and so instead of defending himself, Festus went into a nearly 200 year slumber, remaining in a coma-like state for the longest time. Two centuries was a long time to think over what you could've done, and these thoughts plagued him the entire time, though when you're asleep, time passes by faster. Now, he regrets his cowardice and is attempting to make himself more outgoing. He enjoys conversations, and many times, he'll reveal his true feelings and regrets, feeling and words that have been pent up inside of him for two centuries. This helps him lighten the load on his shoulders, makes him feel like he belongs. Any friends are precious to Hephaestus, and he will work his hardest to please them.
Festus spends a lot of his time in the forge, as he rediscovered an old talent and hobby of his; forging. Yes, he has adapted to using his arms in a human-like way, picking things up and the works. But his ability is limited, as he cannot carry things far distances. So, as a substitute, he uses his mouth like a wheelbarrow, commuting from place to place with his jaws filled with supplies. When Festus forges, he doesn't do a halfhearted job, he puts his all into making it the best it can be.

.Why I wish to have him.
I'm not sure what initially drew me to this dragon, but I can assure you, it's not because he's a blacksmith. Yes, I do take shop at school, and yes, it's fun, but that's not what pulled me to him. When I read his description, about sleeping for that long and his size, I started thinking, "Why did he go to sleep?" For the longest time, I couldn't try out for so many gorgeous Runies because I was either not connected or was too lazy/procrasinating. I simply didn't feel it with them. But as I readied myself for bed last night, I started thinking over all the times I've been embarassed and just wanted to poof away. ((I am not depressed, nor trying to gulit trip. I'm just overdramatic xD)) Then, I don't know, my train of thought headed to "Hearth Rune Station." Placing all those feels into a possible form for him, I decided not to drop this boy. He evolved into something that I want to be able to call my own, he's amazing. Original and amazing, more than my angsty teenage feelings, haha. I love the fact that he's wingless, and the way he's looking over his shoulder in a carefree way is just so adorable, and I really do want to be able to call another Rune my own, so that Laima will have someone to torment keep her company.
I can only hope you can see how much effort and love I put into this form, Dracos. Good luck to all, and may the best and most loving home win. c:

.Where I will keep him.
I'll link him in my signature, make him an entry in my character binder, and hopefully put him in my character thread if I ever get to working on it. |D
.Would I breed him in the future.
Maybe, if he finds a girl who can accept him for who he is, and not judge him for his gargantuan size.
.Quirks.
'Stus has an awful habit of getting depressed over little things, such as when Laima torments him.
No matter how much Laima bullies him, Hephaestus will not give up on trying to be her friend.
When he's sulking, he'll scarf down large amounts of iron ore.
Festus has a thing against balloons. He has rather sensitive hearing, and when they pop, it just annoys the dickens out of him.

.Other.
.Art.
Still Animated (shown)
Just a quick sleepy-time doodle c:
Since I don't think I'll be able to finish this in time, I'll just post it now, so that I'll at least have it.
Just another doodle, this time of him running.

.Stories.
xxxxxxx
"Laima, come one. Stop it." Alek scolded his partner for the 50th time. She was irritated over the fact that he was taking her outside and not slacking off at their hotel room, where she could relax. The boy had heard rumours about a "Rune lost to the ages" being located somewhere around where he happened to be traveling. The adventure was way too much to pass up, and even if it was a bust, they would've had a good time, right? Well, at least Alek would. "Stop!" The brunette cried as the Wraith Rune tugged at his hair once more. She was constantly pulling at it, as if she was in a game of tug-of-war, just to annoy Alek into heading back to the room, but to no avail. Letting out a dismal sigh, the indigo dragon retreated into the safety of her bearer's satchel.
>----------<
After hours of hiking through the dense conifer forest, Alek stopped to take a long rest. It was humid, ironically, though it was the dead middle of winter. Pff, the weather's crazy here. Unless... A sudden memory racked his brain, the one where the news story had mentioned it would be blazing hot around the area where the mysterious Rune resided, hibernating. It was supposedly caused by the untamed flames dancing from his mouth, chest and tail as he breathed in and out, heavy breaths trembling the earth. "Lai, this is it! My, this is it!" The boy squeaked, dancing about in pure excitement. Adrenaline was rushing now, into his head and pulsing through his veins. He'd quite possibly found the Rune of Legend, and he could only hope that the dragon would accept him as his partner. Maybe it'd even keep Laima in check! Giddily, Alek began searching frantically for some sort of underground cavern or cave entrance that would lead to the dragon's hiding place, but it was all worth nothing. The extreme joy and happiness seeped out of the brunette, and he simply shook his head, whisps of disbelief and disappointment passing from his lips. Chitters and coos erupted from the khaki satchel, as Laima poked her head out of the overstuffed bag. She'd felt rumbling, and had begun to panic. Alek simply ignored her. The noises became gradually more frantic as her bearer finally realized that the ground was trembling, too. "Laii..." His voice wavered as a large, golden light, dappled behind the leaves of the brush began shining through. A loud rumble shook the ground once more, as Alek and Laima found themselves looking right into the eyes of the Hearth Rune.

End...
For now?
Last edited by mulder on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.
i'm not active here anymore
and no i'm not giving away any of my characters, don't ask
mulder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me