Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Jingle Dog Rune - Congratulations!

Postby maluruloki » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 am

maluruloki wrote:

Nanook

Owner: Flowerdust
Breedable: "Yes! I can just imagine the cute little runes he could have. He would of course only be with a girl he truly loves."
Type: Jingle Dog Rune

"Lucky Bells A-Ringing"

The snow had been falling for days on end, thick puffs of cold down covering every available surface and I have to admit that cabin fever was definitely setting in at our house. Delyth had been able to keep the crew under control for the most part; it took some serious scrubbing between the two of us to get the food dye out of the carpet after Ammolitia got hold of a tube or two. I was primarily guilty for leaving the out, since I had been the one in charge of making the colored frosting for our batch of holiday cookies. They were delicious and messy!
Anyways, it was decided by all to take a snow day and go explore the wintry wonders outside of the four walls. Delyth decided to take human form and Phaedrus, Muse and Ammolitia went with her. I was in charge of Genevieve and Summanus, both of whom refused to come out of my hood for how chilly the wind was blowing. We trudged down to the small creek by our house and that was when Delyth heard some odd sound off at a distance. We all stopped talking (even Summanus and Muse managed to stay still for a bit) to listen and on the stiff wind, we were able to pick out the sound of bells jingling. Delyth and I exchanged a dubious look; we both knew no one lived nearby and we knew that the area wasn't suitable for sleigh rides. Way too bumpy and rocky. From a distance, weaving between the trees, we saw a wild Rune approaching us. It was clearly the source of the clear ringing sounds and I was able to see that it wore a collar about its neck. It seemed to half-run and half-glide, as if its feathers weren't long enough to allow it to fly. Its tongue hung out of the side of its mouth and as it came to a sliding halt, spraying snow up and right in its skidding stop, I saw that it was red - and GREEN! Delyth and I exchanged another look as the bedraggled Rune sat there, wagging its curled tail, icicles hanging from the longish fur on its hind legs, and generally looking quite pleased with itself. The collar, up close, appeared to be made of blue velvet and the bells, when touched, rang with an almost-crystalline clarity. It ended up following us home and didn't want to come inside, much to my surprise. It stayed out near our wood pile, happily digging itself a den in the snow that had blown up against the house.
I did some further research and this Rune is called a Jingle Dog Rune, evidenced by its canine-like features and the fact that (very mysteriously) every single Jingle Dog Rune winds up wearing a jingle-bell collar. The Jingle Dog Rune is normally one color, most commonly found in a pale cream, although other solid colors such as red, blue-grey, brown and black can occur. A parti-colored Jingle Dog Rune isn't accepted by both its group-mates and the locals who train them to pull sleds because of an old superstition. Here's the fun part though: this Rune has markings on its feet that are called "Snow Toes" and are considered good luck no matter the Rune's coloration. I guess this Rune needs a good home and whoever tames it will be quite lucky indeed.

Congratulations to Flowerdust!

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release. Do not make the winner feel bad because you're sore about losing.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Last edited by maluruloki on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jingle Dog Rune

Postby Kirbylover901 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 am

Cute, reserving <3

Owner Name:
Kirbylover901
Name:
Lukia

Personality:
❅Playful❅
❅Valiant❅
❅Passionate❅
❅Fun-Loving❅
❅Protective❅
❅Kind❅
❅Lawful❅
❅Focused❅
❅Cheerful❅
❅WIP❅
❅WIP❅

Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes, I'm sure Lukia would love to breed!
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Kirbylover901 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guqqi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 am

Very cute ^u^
aka BlueAuraz/Baloo.

she/her | wife | ICU nurse
deviantArtToyhouse
"Art Status"
Commissions:

CLOSED

guqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemondropkitten » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 am

maluruloki, I think I may try for this Rune, but I was wondering how big it is. Is it normal Rune sized or larger? :3
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 am

I might have to try. I always run out of time for forms, but I might get extra time this weekend <3
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 am

Aww! It's so cute and cuddly! Look at it's cute little feet! ^^ Amazing job maluruloki! What a fantastic Rune! And I love the story too! Good luck to everyone trying for this little cutie!
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 am

"when there’s snow on the ground, i
liketo pretend i’m walking on clouds."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owner Name;;
Flowerdust
Rune Bearer Info;;
.Name.
Lenora Q. Kwigny
.Age.
.Gender.
female
.Personality.
Lenora is a spunky tomboyish sort of girl. She loves to be outside with Flora and adding to their vast garden. Len has a large caring heart and is always helping others especially animals. She is a true adventurer at heart and one day hopes to find a rune species of her own. Len also loves to be outside and her and Flor will go on expeditions for days.

Name:
Nanook
Name Meaning;;
Inuit name meaning cute or kind.It is also the name of their god of the polar bears...
Nicknames;;
Nan or Nook, but mostly Nan
Gender;;
Male ♂
Size;;
a medium sized golden retriever
Personality;;
-|Loving|-|Energetic|-| Protective |-|Loyal|-|Cunning|-|Cuddly|-|Unique|-|Brave|-| Empathetic|-|Fun Loving|-

Nanook is a very loving and caring little rune indeed. He is type who loves almost everyone he meets, but there are a few he just doesn't like. Nan also loves to be loved and hates when others are mad or don't like him. He can get quite sad then.

Nan is seeming always full of energy. He is forever running around or around this time digging in the snow. Though Nanook isn't much of a flier he does like glide running around Len`s little cottage, breaking many things in the process. He also has started a little game of getting Flora frustrated and have her chase him around the cottage.

Nan is also very protective of those close to his heart. He may tease Flora but he is especially protective of the green rune. Nan is also very protective of Len. He would put his life down for his loved ones and also hates others who threaten them. Nan could seem cruel at times but to him he`s protecting one of his "pack mates".

Loyal is another good word to describe little Nan. He is especially loyal to his "pack mates". If he were a person Nan would be the friend you can trust with your secrets.

Nan also is a very cunning and quick witted rune. He is known to be an amazing problem solver, though it may take him a bit for an answer to come to him. He is very smart, but he takes more time getting the answer than other runes. This often works to his advantage, as his plans are usually well thought out.

Nan is also one of the most cuddly runes Len has met. He`ll usually greet, new and old, friends with him a large glompish hug and well if it`s Len then also a large slobbery kiss.

Unique is a good way to sum up Nook`s entire personality. Overall with all his quirks and his "overly" happy attitude some runes would consider him to be very weird. Nan loves being unique even though that and his coloring got him thrown out of his pup pack. He believes it makes him more "him".

Nanook is also a very courageous and brave rune when it`s needed. He isn't the type to be brave for show or fame, he prefers to not show off like that. Nan likes to tell Flora, she amazingly believes him, that he fought and won against a adult male gizzley all by himself.

Empathetic is also another good word to describe Nanook`s personality. He is the type who will turn sad if someone he loves is sad or overjoyed if another close to his heart is. Nan is very good to talk to when you need someone, as he`s a good listener.

Lastly I`d say Nan is a fun loving rune. He is constantly seemingly making new games or "friends" to amuse himself. Most of his games include Flora, even if she`d prefer Nan left her alone.

Likes;;
• Flora and Len
• His stuffed polar bear
• Hot chocolate
• Candy canes
• Snow
• Sled dogs
• Racing
• Bells
• Cookies
• Gum(he likes to blow bubbles, it always gets stuck in his fur X3)
• Candles(he likes the glow and watching the wax)
• Singing
• Milk bones
• Belly rubs
• Adventures
• Warm milk

Dislikes;;
• Scary runes
• Loud noises
• Storms
• Mean runes
• Sour foods
• Being alone

Why do you wish to have him;;
I hust have to admit it was his cute looking nature that drew me in. I have been looking for the perfect second rune for a while and then Nanook showed up. He is just perfect in every way. From his coloration to the fact he`s based on a sleigh dog. Nan is truly the rune I`ve been looking for. I think Nan would contrast Flora perfectly and would make an amazing for me and Len.
Where will you keep him;;
I would keep Nan in my signature when it is my runes turn, in my heart, in the rune aviary I am currently making and well over all little Nan would be loved. In Len`s little cottage, next to the fireplace, he has a big fluffy dog bed, with a a fluffy, light blue blanket. It also holds his stuffed polar bear of course.
Would you like to breed him in the future;;
Yes! I can just imagine the cute little runes he could have. He would of course only be with a girl he truly loves
Any Quirks;;
Nan is a rune of many quirks. One of main quirks though is carting his little polar bear around on a red sled. Nan also has a thing for candy canes and I think he believes he could live just off them alone. He also has a quirky little dance he does when ever it snows out side. It`s a little hop, hover, flap combination, and it`s just adorable.
Story;;
The Legend of the Rune of the Snow Race
The snow fell softly outside of Len and Flora`s cottage, as they sat huddled next to the fire. The snow swirled out side as Len sipped on some hot chocolate and Flora dozed on a large pillow. A large thud outside made both Len and Flora jump up and look out side the window. Outside they saw a large shape slowly stand up. It looked to be in great pain and suffering as it staggered towards the light of the cottage. Flora hopped down loosing interest as Len pulled on her coat. "I`ll be back Flora. I got to see if that poor thing is hurt," said Len her voice troubled as she headed into the storm. Len looked around in the swirling white, looking for the injured... thing. She just couldn't live with herself knowing there was something injured out in a large snowstorm. In the distance she saw the figure stumbling along. Horrified Len looked down seeing a dark red stain in the white snow. Len started running towards the figure terrified he was terribly injured. When she got close enough to see she stood in front of a large rune. Len hurriedly picked up the large run, who had a large gash on his neck. "You poor thing! I`ll take you back to my cottage where I`ll fix you up," cooed Len worry in her voice.

Len rushed into her warm cottage, the bleeding rune in her arms. Flora glided over landing on Len`s should and cooed something comforting to the larger rune. As Len laid him on the table his pale eyes opened and he replied with a deep growl to whatever Flora had said. Whatever the male rune had said it made Flora smile. Len collected bandages and herbs for the runes wounds. She carefully mixed some herbs in bowl then mashed them. She gently applied the mixture to the wound, then wound a bandage around his neck. While applying the medicine Len discovered a bell covered collar. She smiled at the rune as he stood up, already looking better. He made another series of growls and Flora responded with a soft coo. "Looks like you've found a new friend Flora," said Len as Flora snuggled the larger rune. "I`ll call him Nanook. Yes Nanook," said Len softly as the three friends spent the rest of the storm in the warmth of the cottage.

Art;;
Sketchy Headshot
Last edited by Flowerdust on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

Dropping out.
Last edited by Dewey on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello! it's been a while since i was last here but i will be checking in every now and then :)
Dewey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 am

Decided not to. Not enough time. >.<
Last edited by Mortikat on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gael » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:59 am

Owner Name:
anomaly.
Name:
Bernard Bayo (Bernard, as in saint Bernard. He reminds me of that type of dog, found in harsh climates as rescue dogs. Bayo means Blessing in African.)
Personality:
CheerFul, Friendly, Optimistic
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
Sig, Character Thread, Charahub.com, Character thread with Tsalagi
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes. Him and Tsalagi Would be mates.
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

ImageImage

TheNinthWolf is my Adopted Child
~Art Status~ Art Slave for Fellefan, [url=here]Livestreaming(offline)[/url]~

| My DA | Howrse | Oshien Adopts |
| Art Shop |

Gael

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups