Draw A Cat Bird Adoptable

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Draw A Cat Bird Adoptable

Postby woes » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:42 am

Hi!
This is my new contest.
This is a contest for an adoptable Cat/Bird.

What are Cat Birds?:
Cat Birds are adorable, feedable, adoptable animals that are part bird part cat.
Cat birds can be as small as a sparrow, or as large as a tiger. Different "foods" are available for different sizes and breeds.
Some of the food availible is fish, ham, turkey, cat food, tuna, seeds, bird food, and steak.
Different cat birds eat different things, and some can only eat one thing. You can feed your cat bird once a day. Food like steak is more filling, but is only avalible for cat birds that are part big cat (like lions or tigers), or cat birds that are part bird of prey (like hawks and eagles.) that normally eat more than other cats. Some cat birds must be fed at least once every two days or so or else the will run away. If you will be away for a while, or can't feed your cat bird for a while, please tell an artist or me so someone else can feed it and it won't run away.

What do Cat Birds Look Like?:
Cat birds are cats with wings on their front legs, normal or bird hind legs, normal mouths or beaks with whiskers.
They can also have small feathers on their head, the back of their paws, on their tails, and on they're necks. They can have wings on their backs, although it is very rare.
They don't have an official name yet.

How do I enter the contest?:
If you want to enter the contest please draw what the layer titles say.
Please base your entry off of my description of them.
I drew what i thought it should look like on the different layers.

What are the prizes?:
The prizes may change if I trade or get new pets.
You can also get a free prize if you come up with a name for cat birds. (even if the name is not used for the adoptables)

1st Place:
All pets from this group: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... ageSize=20
becomes an artist for cat birds.
gets 3 custom cat birds.
and 5 pets from this group:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=2320921&userid=356946

2nd place:
5 pets from this group: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=356946
becomes an artist for cat birds
gets 2 custom cat birda

3rd place:
3 pets from this group: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=356946
becomes an artist for cat birds
gets 1 custom cat bird

Anyone else who enters:
1 pet from this group: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=356946
becomes a guest artist for cat birds

Anyone who makes a name for Cat Birds:
1 pet from this group: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=356946
becomes a guest artist for cat birds

Please make it to were i can edit the drawing if you draw any extra layers that I can not see just by looking at the drawing.
If I ask you to edit it is because you forgot to draw something, or I changed what cat birds look like.

Thanks for entering!

The end-date for this contest is november 30th, but it may change.

Entries:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1546926
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1468428
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1492087
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Draw A Cat Bird Adoptable

Postby woes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:25 am

Prizes added
more things added to description
added more about cat birds
Added new prize for coming up with a name for kitty hawks

RESERVED

Bump!
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 am

Quick sketches of Cat Birds:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1492083

RESERVED
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Reserved for adoptables page!

If The Whole "You Have to Feed Your Pets" Thing Is Confusing:
The food thing is probably pretty confusing to a lot of people, so you can ask to not have to feed your pets. Your pets will be feed by me and other artist instead. Feeding your pet should be a fun thing to add to Cat Bird adoptables, and its not supposed to confuse you.

Available food for cat birds:0
DOMESTIC CATS:
Tuna (canned food)
Cat food (Dry food)
Cat nip
Chicken flavored treats
Beef flavored treats
Cheese flavored treats
milk flavored treats
chicken
Cheese
Ham
Fish

BIG CATS AND WILD CATS:
Steak
Large fish
Chicken
Beef
Raw meat (any meat listed)
Ham
Deer meat

BIRDS OF PREY:
Mice
rats
Snakes
Chicken
Fish

SEA BIRDS:
Fish
Bread
crackers
Bird feed

TROPICAL BIRDS:
Banana
Mango
Apple slices
Orange slices
Fruit seeds
Nuts
Insects
grapes

POLLEN OR NECTAR EATING BIRDS:
Nectar
Sugar water mix
orange juice water mix
Tropical flowers
Honey water mix (too sticky for some smaller bird cats)

OTHER HERBIVORE BIRDS:
carrots
Bird feed
Bread
crackers
apple slices
corn
Dried corn
insects
nuts
Sunflower seeds

Food is free.
Food has different qualities and different amounts of how much less your pet will be full after it is fed.
You can only feed your pet once a day, so it is important to try all foods available for your pet to make sure you feed your pet the most filling and the highest quality pet food.

Why should I feed my pet?:
Feeding your pet makes your pet happy. If you don't feed your pet it may become unhappy, and might even run away.
Remember to feed your pet everyday. If you don't feed your pet for 1-3 days it will be fed by me or another artist.
Please read below for more information.

Different types of bird cats need to be feed more:
If you have a big cat/bird of prey it can be fed for up to 3 days by me or other artist. It may run away after 4 days.

If you have a big cat/tropical bird,pollen or nectar eating bird, sea bird, or herbivore bird it will be fed for up to 5 days by me or other artist. It may run away after 6 days.

If you have a domestic cat/ bird of prey it can be fed for up to 6 days by me or other artist. It may run away after 7 days.

If you have a domestic cat/ tropical bird,pollen or nectar eating bird, sea bird, or herbivore bird it can be fed for up to 15 days by me or other artist. It may run away after 16 day.

Why will my cat bird run away even if artist feed it?:
Cat Birds love there owners a lot. If they do not see there owner for a while they may run away to look for them. Sometimes, if they are not fed in a long time, cat birds may look for a new home.
Cat Birds grow very attached to their trainers. If they ever do run away, they come back immediently when there owner does.
Some cat birds never run away. These Cat Birds say "(Name) Loves there owner a lot and never runs off." on their page. These pets are the best for people who are not online often, or do not have a lot of free time.

I can't get online for a while to feed my cat bird!:
If you tell us that you can't be online for a while we will take care of your cat bird for you. If you are not online for a while your pets will be taken care of by me and other artist until you can come online again.

If The Whole "You Have to Feed Your Pets" Thing Is Confusing:
The food thing is probably pretty confusing to a lot of people, so you can ask to not have to feed your pets. Your pets will be feed by me and other artist instead. Feeding your pet should be a fun thing to add to Cat Bird adoptables, and its not supposed to confuse you.
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 am

Bump!
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dusty Record Player » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 am

I'm sorry to bother you, but I messed up and I made a revised version. If those are not allowed, you can ignore is but I made it to replace the one here. It's on the topic of my entree, sorry to bother you. Also, when does the contest end?
Dusty Record Player

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Last Hope wrote:I'm sorry to bother you, but I messed up and I made a revised version. If those are not allowed, you can ignore is but I made it to replace the one here. It's on the topic of my entree, sorry to bother you. Also, when does the contest end?

That is fine!
I can count that one, or either.
The contest will end on December first, or until there are 5 entries.
Thanks for entering!

Note:
You can skip all of the comments that i posted. most are about the adoption center and are ideas for it. If you win you may need to read them. (they are ideas and can be changed)

(also, there can be multiple versions of the line art if you ever want to change the line art. If you want to change the entire line art to the new one the adoption center will start using the new line art.)
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dusty Record Player » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 am

Okay. I have a suggestion of how you can make a name, too. Try going to google translate and making it in all these different languages. (My personal favorite is latin, but polish sounds cool too) Can you count the revised version only? Thanks!
Dusty Record Player

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 pm

ok.
woes