Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Paradise Dog Adopts - Guest Artists Slots Open! by wednesdays

Based on Click to view
Artist wednesdays [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Paradise Dog Adopts - Guest Artists Slots Open!

Postby wednesdays » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Guest artists slots are open! I will pick the two lucky people after five people have applied. c:
-----
Note to artists, mods, & GAs :: Uncommons are to be made every 7th peedi made. Stop making tons.
Rares can only be made every 13 peedis made. Guest artists cannot make rares.
Please read over your specific rules below; I'm tired of PMing and warning people because of it. D:
And just so you know, the next time you can make an uncommon is after five commons have been made.

straight from p a r a d i s e.

what is a paradise dog? » a paradise dog is a very poised and dignified canine dressed in elegant plumage with colours varying from the most brilliant turquoises to the most ravishing violets. their fur is extremely soft to the touch, as their flowing feathers that are sprouting from its ears, back, and tail tip are silky and delicate. their ear feathers are believed to shield their entrancing eyes from the beating tropical sunlight, because of the fact that they've been spotted flagging their ears up in front of their eyes when the sun's rays began to grow blinding. although their patch of feathers growing on their backs may seem like wings from a distance, they're just a unique feature found on them for attracting mates, like their tail tip feathers are thought to be purposed for.
    paradise dogs have been found living on almost every caribbean island and no where else, except for maybe scarce populations dwelling on other tropical islands due to man importing them for pet purposes and sometimes in an attempt to force them to expand their small territories, for they are one of the most rare species found on earth. they usually make their homes in hollowed-out cave caverns along coves lining the gorgeous blue-green, tangy saltwater of the atlantic ocean; or occasionally somewhere in the heart of the island they live on.
    peedis usually are found in a pair {male and female} for they mate for life, unless either dies somehow, than they are found roaming alone around the area where their mate died, in utter hope their spirit will be brung back to life again. mates are usually determined between them in their first or second year away from their parents. males and females frantically yet blissfully stride around the island they were born on, and once a male and female spot each other, they "dance" in a similar fashion as some species of birds do. if the beat they "dance" at is in perfect harmony with each other, they become mates once their noses touch.
    a pair can have only one pup every two years, but some studies have found a female baring two pups, a tremendously infrequent outcome. the pup stays with its parents for a total of about ten months, thriving off the skills it obtained from its family. however, only two out of five pups make it to their first year, mainly due to unexpected territorial fights with older paradise dogs.

rules » please read these rules to avoid any confusion. c:
  • please, do not steal the species. i'll know if you saw this thread, and i'm not afraid to go after joo~ xDD
  • spam and complaining on this thread is an absolute no-no. they may even get you a warning! c: isn't that sweet?
  • you may only own five paradise dogs. {this may be changed if i feel like it. xD}
  • customs will not and will never be available, unless you're part of staff or are a guest artist.
  • no mini-modding, that's what my loyal moderators are for. :3
  • if you can no longer take care of your little bundle, never be afraid to pm me or the artist of your paradise dog. we'll then sort out a plan to put it back up for re-adoption. c: if you're found not taking care of your peedi, you may have to face my or a moderator's wrath. :O
  • please, no using an already taken name.

how do i adopt? » every adoptable paradise dog should have an "adopt me?" sign in white letters in the corner of the oekaki image. c: however, you must always read carefully. the dog might be closed from excess of forms, or perhaps the artist of the peedi might've forgotten to take down the sign. i would suggest reading the first post or the last few posts for signs of it being for adoption or not. :3
    only the artist of the design chooses what is required to win a paradise dog. this may include "post a name, best name wins", "first post gets this dog", "most effort wins", et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

our team of ninjas staff » these are the staff members of paradise dog adopts. listen to them at all times, please! c:

administrator
  • Caracal

moderators
  • .Blue.
  • Coffee-chan
  • PewDie's Bro ;D
  • Three Magpies
  • Minuette

artists
  • me
  • BloodyCrystal56
  • .Blue.
  • Diddlebug
  • sweetypie978

guest artist information » guest artist slots open once the two guest artists i choose have made three paradise dogs {only up to one custom}. unfortunately, you can only be a guest artist once. D: {Neko Syar and PewDie's Bro ;D have an exception, Neko can apply three times and Pew can apply twice.} but a good thing is is that if i like your designs enough, i may ask you to become an official artist! c:
    you are not allowed to make rare or line-edited peedis if you're only a guest artist. no neon or dull colours, be creative!

please fill out this form to try for a guest artist. slots are open / closed.

Code: Select all
    [b]Username ::[/b] answer
    [b]Your Best Designs ::[/b] answer (link it)
    [b]Other ::[/b] answer

current guest artists
  • open!
  • open!

staff notes » here are some notes to moderators, artists, and guest artists. please read this if you are one to avoid yourself being fired, retired, or even banned from the thread.

moderators ::
  • be active, and check the thread as often as possible for rule-breaking posts.
  • give warnings only if you have to, don't be handing them out constantly. also, no giving warnings because you don't like the person who posted, it's kind of mean and rude.
  • try not to be harsh about giving out warnings, please. c: we don't want to be known as "the thread with the mean mods."
  • pm me before giving a ban.. i would like a solid explanation before you ban a person; again we want to keep this thread clean of meany mods. xD
  • you may only make up to two customs for yourself.

artists ::
  • you may only have two peedis for adoption at a time.
  • you may make only up to three customs for yourself.
  • try to reply to peoples' messages perhaps concerning a design you've made.
  • you do have the power to give light warnings on paradise dogs you've made, as in warnings not counting as a real one {pm me if it's serious, though}.
  • remember to remove the "adopt me?" sign when it's been adopted out!
  • you can make commons any time you want, uncommons once every seven designs have been made, and rare peedis once every thirteen designs made {check below if you're confused}.
  • remember this when you're designing, please. c: all colours listed can have designs and combinations; get creative! :3
    • common paradise dogs have natural fur colours {shades of brown, black, cream, or grey} with feather colours being any of the three primary colours {shades of red, blue, or yellow, no natural colours}.
    • uncommon peedis have natural fur colours {shades of brown, black, cream, or grey} with bits of every colour of the rainbow {red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple} as an option. their feather colours can be any colour of the rainbow {some natural colours allowed}.
    • rare paradise dogs have totally unnatural fur colours consisting of any colour. their feather colours can be any colour you desire; a good sign of identifying a rare is unnatural fur colours and mostly natural feather colours.

guest artists ::
  • you may have three paradise dogs for adoption at one time. c:
  • you are allowed to make only one custom for yourself, and no more than that.
  • reply to peoples' messages concerning your designs.
  • remember to remove the "adopt me?" sign once it's been adopted out!
  • you can make common peedis anytime, but to make uncommons, pm me first {refer to quote above}. you're not allowed to make rare or line-edited paradise dogs though, sorry! D:
  • again if your designs are good enough, i might offer to hire you. :3 but please, under any circumstances, don't even say "i was a guest artist and i had good designs hire me???" i won't even bother to reply to this; it's extremely rude.

put this there » lol this is just the thing you put first every time you make a paradise dog to adopt/a custom for yourself. x3 please don't forget to use it! {i'm such a neat freak LOL.}

Code: Select all
    [quote="Caracal"][size=81][list][color=#44997f][b]what is a paradise dog? »[/b][/color] [color=#69bea5]a paradise dog {or "peedi"} is a very calm, tropical canine with feathers growing out of its back, ears, and tail tip. they like to live in cave caverns lining the ocean, and often become very territorial during breeding season. they are often found roaming with a mate and have a very unique mate-attracting ritual. a pair usually bares one pup {which sadly has a low chance to survive its first year}, but on rare occasions they can have two.

[b]for more information, click [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1463390]here[/url].[/b] c:[/list][/color][/size][/quote]

{make sure to mention what it's rarity is. refer to quote on the thread!} <--DELETE ONCE READ
    {also, don't forgot to state if its a custom or for adoption [with form, of course xD] & in the title, put "Paradise Dog #[number here]"! lol such a perfectionest xD} <--DELETE ONCE READ

extra stuff » here's some extra stuff. x3 i may end up moving some things in this later on in life, so watch out!

helpful links
    none yet LOL xD. {pm me before making anything.}
    perhaps an archive and fanclub would sound good, hm?

roleplays
    none yet.

affiliates
    none yet. xD {pm me if you'd like to be affiliates.}

banners, stamps, etc.
    no official ones yet, but feel free to link in your sig as a start! c:

peedis for adoption
    these are all the peedis up for adoption. c: the names after the links are the artists of them.
    paradise dog #10 - .Blue.
    paradise dog #12 - Diddlebug
    paradise dog #13 - .Blue.
    paradise dog #14 - PewDie's Bro ;D

all lineart credit goes to lumpinbanana.
Last edited by wednesdays on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 am, edited 17 times in total.
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Paradise Dog Adopts

Postby wednesdays » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Posting is now open! <33 c:
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scolipede. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 pm

OMJAY!
YAY! <333
"it clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. then it finishes it off with deadly poison."
scolipede.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawkfire. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 pm

*Quietly edits out the first post joy out* ._.
These are really pretty, I'll probably be adopting if I'm interested in any. c:
Last edited by Hawkfire. on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive, due to personal reasons. PM me if you need to contact me for whatever reason.
Hawkfire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wednesdays » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm

BloodyCrystal56 wrote:
OMJAY!
YAY! <333

Cold Wednesday wrote:Yay first post <3
These are really pretty, I'll probably be adopting if I'm interested in any. c:

Thanks for taking interest, guys! ouo <33
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiowa. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Awesomeness! I love these things already! ouo

Oh! Oh oh! Caracal! Blue makes fanclub? ewe
hi everyone!
im kiowa
i recently had a baby, so replies and art may be slow, sorry for inconvenience!

i love trades, im missing a LOT of pets, so feel free to send a trade at any time!
kiowa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wednesdays » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm

.Blue. wrote:
Awesomeness! I love these things already! ouo

Oh! Oh oh! Caracal! Blue makes fanclub? ewe

Go ahead. :3 But there's no rush on creating it though, I just posted these guys. xD :3

Working on first Peedi! <33
Won't a rare be great as a grand opening adoption? c:
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wednesdays » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm

first paradise dog is upp~ c:
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chipchap » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:19 pm

;O; Open!~ Weeeh~ ;O;
Cant wait for there to be more peedies ;3;

Commissions: Open. - Mari-27% - Sainler-0%
It has taken a bit longer than expected due to finals
Chipchap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Jay » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey! The information is great! I'll be making my first after school today ^3^ so excited!
QUITTING! VISIT MY TRADE CENTER FOR DETAILS!
Queen Jay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me