Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I miss you, Milo. by Cenobia

Artist Cenobia [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
170 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I miss you, Milo.

Postby Cenobia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:25 am

Please Read!

Milo

We let him outside to go hunt and get some fresh air, and he was gone longer than usual...so we put a can of tuna outside our door to see if he would come to get it. We called his name repeatedly, but we did not hear him meow or see him trotting down the street, it was then we knew something had been terribly wrong.

We went back inside, constantly checking the opened tuna can through the window. "Is he gonna be okay, momma?" I said every now and then, worried that I'd never see my best friend again. She would cradle me in her arms and I knew that I wasn't going to see him again, as soon as we all lost hope, someone had emitted a low pop that was barely audible against the sound of my family sobbing.

I didn't know what was happening, did he come home? Were they sobbing tears of joy? I heard a scratchy meow coming from the back of my house, he was in my backyard. I looked through the back window and saw him lying on a tall stump near the window. He meowed at me again and then I saw something that made my heart sink, there was an open wound on his hindquarters and he looked at me through painful eyes. My family was confused...was the low pop...a gun?

The next day we found that Milo couldn't walk, we had rushed him to the vet and they said that he was paralyzed and wouldn't be able to walk on his own again. I was heartbroken, I had gotten him as a kitten from my Aunt, I remember her handing him to me, I looked through his tiny little eyes and I knew he was the kitten for me, he was a bundle of joy, pouncing everywhere and pawing at everything he didn't quite understand yet, and I was looking through the same eyes then, but he was different, he was the sweetest cat ever, he would rub up on my legs, purr when I would scratch his back, but then I realized he couldn't walk or stand up on his own.

He was my only friend...I would sleep with him at night, feed him, play with him...he was my sweetie. He always will be. About a year later he had become very skinny, he had an ear infection, and his back legs were swollen. My mom and I took him back to the vet and they said he had a 10% chance of surviving.

My mom went to talk with the vet in a small white room. A few minutes after, she came to get me. She brought me in the room and Milo was on a white table, his eyes filled with pain...I knew he was crying for help, begging to be the kitten he was before. The vet stuck a needle in him and his eyes filled with tears, he looked at me for the last time and meowed, I knew he was gone. I knew I was alone. I knew...it was the last time I would see him. I held myself in my room for weeks, I refused to eat or drink. I would've rather died than experience loosing my only friend.

I'll never forget you, Milo. I'll never forget you...friend.

The person that shot him was a mentally ill kid that shot animals that weren't accompanied by their owners. Apparently, the HOA allowed him to do this as he was not stopped from doing it. It was illegal, but we didn't have any local cops and our neighborhood wasn't the greatest. We moved a few times since then, but we recently moved relatively close to where we were when Milo was shot. There's a feral cat that comes to my house often, and I'm trying not to get too attached to him because the same thing could happen again.

Milo was always there to comfort me.

When I'd cry, he would come and lick my face with his rough tongue and rub against my back and everything would be OK.
When I was going through hard times, he would purr and look up into my eyes and everything would be OK.
When I hated my life and questioned why nobody loved me, I knew he did and everything would be OK
When I didn't have a friend...he was there...and everything would be OK.
When he died, I had memories of him burrito'd in a blanket lying next to me, that day he brought home a bluejay and hid it under my bed, those days when he would always comfort me and be there for me. That day when he looked at me for the last time and said Goodbye.

Thank you, Korifea, for drawing this <3
Last edited by Cenobia on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cenobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I miss you, Milo.

Postby lex » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:28 am

This is beautiful and sad! I'm sorry about him... It's somewhat like my dog, Cracker. He had to be put down because he had some undiscovered disease. ;c
just kidding im back a little
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eyesemote » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:29 am

I know how you feel..We have had two cats before, One died of old age the other was killed by a wild dog.

I would probably feel as sad as this if I lost my sister..I would not know what to do.
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cenobia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 am

It still hurts me to talk about Milo, no cat deserves to be shot.
Cenobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orpheus. » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 am

I can't believe someone would shoot a cat, that's just insane. :c Great artwork, and a very sad story, sorry for your loss.
╔═════════════════════╗

𝑊𝐸'𝐿𝐿 𝑁𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝐺𝐸𝑇 𝑇𝑂 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁 𝑂𝑁 𝐴 𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑆.

those nights when your friends are gone,
when you're holding on for someone to leave with

those nights when you crave someone
to be there at dawn, to wake with, 'cause aren't we all just
looking for a little bit of hope these days?

oekaki . art insta . @danti#6119 .

╚═════════════════════╝
orpheus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cenobia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 am

Thanks Snail with a top hat, aren't you on Alacrity?
And the person who shot him was a jerk who hated cats, so if he saw a cat with nobody around it, he would intend to kill it.
Cenobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:38 am

This is beautiful.

Whoever shot your cat Milo has something wrong with them psychologically.

-hugs-

:T

Postby Cenobia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 am

Thanks for the hug, although hugs don't fill holes in your heart. -hugs back-
Cenobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breyercrosscountry » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 am

This is beautiful and sad I would die if someone shot my cat :(
Pet's name: ♥mystic♥
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I love horses and ponies! I own three ponies and do showjumping and hunting.
breyercrosscountry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocean Eye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am

I have a cat. I almost lost him once. If he where to ever be killed or lost it would mess me up :'(
The story almost made my cry too ;U;
The drawing is beautiful by the way <3
♥"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." ♥
Ocean Eye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me