Based on Click to view
Artist ladybug5 [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hummingbird 1- adopt a bird

Postby ladybug5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 am

ladybug5 wrote:
Hummingbirds are some of the fastest birds ever known. You can easily tell the difference between these birds and the others. Hummingbirds are smaller than all types of birds (the bee hummingbird being the smallest bird in the world), and their beautiful flying makes them hard to miss. Their wings move so fast when they fly, that they hum, the reason of how they got their name, hummingbird. These birds are amazing creatures. Mostly, they eat nectar from flowers and sometimes small bugs.

Do you want to adopt this bird? If so, please read the rules and fill out a form!
Adopted! :D

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name of bird:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to adopt this pet:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

SenselessHorse wrote:Username: SenselessHorse
Name of bird: Beam of Light (Beam)
Why do you want to adopt this pet: I love hummingbirds. I always observe them whenever they visit my garden, though of course they zip away once I'm near :( Anyway, I think they are amazing creatures. Though they are small, they are still able to fly so fast and even perform 'stunts' (hovering, flying backwards, etc.) Beam will star in my siggy, art, stories and many other things. I'll take care of this delicate little guy as if he's real. If I win him, it'll be my dream come true! I'll finally have a pet hummingbird then. :)
History: Beam darted through the maze of velvety flowers. His stomach protested in hunger. Nectar, nectar, it chanted. Beam spotted a hibiscus, its unfurled petals glowing orange-red. Yes! Hibiscus nectar was the best, sweetest and tangiest. Beam's stomach nagged again. He lightly stopped before the flower and poked his slender beak in. Once his beak touched the sugary liquid, he drank. It filled his stomach almost immediately, and after that he gobbled down a few ants for dessert before hurriedly returning to his nest. It was basically a small little 'bowl' made of dried mud, sticks, leaves and anything else Beam could find. The insides were padded with thick, soft lichen. Sighing in contentment, Beam sank into sleep.

There was something sharp raking across Beam's rump, and an odd meowing sound. Beam woke up, startled. There was a huge animal, one with pointed ears, a long, lashing tail and darker stripes across its sand-coloured coat. A cat! Jumping up with alarm, Beam ignored the burning pain and zipped into the air. The cat snarled, annoyed at the lost chance of prey and stalked away, lithely leaping down the tree. Beam flew on, shaken by the encounter. The wound on his rump made it difficult to fly, and he wobbled uncontrollably. He wobbled again and plummeted down, sinking into unconsciousness.

When Beam came to, he was in a bright, spotless room. The unbearable pain was now replaced with a cooling, numb feeling. There were other creatures too, creatures that were much, much bigger than the cat and that walked on two legs. They wore soft fabric too. How strange. One of them, cooing softly, gently picked him up and released him into a box that was made of thin grey wire. Beam was happy enough though. There were still many, many flowers (most of which were hibiscus) and a huge space for him to fly around. No stupid, dangerous cats too. Beam soon realised this was a bird adoption agency. What he did not realise was that he would go to a good home soon.
Other: ~
Last edited by ladybug5 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hummingbird 1- adopt a bird

Postby pecan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Username: SenselessHorse
Why do you want to adopt this pet: I love hummingbirds. I always observe them whenever they visit my garden, though of course they zip away once I'm near :( Anyway, I think they are amazing creatures. Though they are small, they are still able to fly so fast and even perform 'stunts' (hovering, flying backwards, etc.) Beam will star in my siggy, art, stories and many other things. I'll take care of this delicate little guy as if he's real. If I win him, it'll be my dream come true! I'll finally have a pet hummingbird then. :)
History: Beam darted through the maze of velvety flowers. His stomach protested in hunger. Nectar, nectar, it chanted. Beam spotted a hibiscus, its unfurled petals glowing orange-red. Yes! Hibiscus nectar was the best, sweetest and tangiest. Beam's stomach nagged again. He lightly stopped before the flower and poked his slender beak in. Once his beak touched the sugary liquid, he drank. It filled his stomach almost immediately, and after that he gobbled down a few ants for dessert before hurriedly returning to his nest. It was basically a small little 'bowl' made of dried mud, sticks, leaves and anything else Beam could find. The insides were padded with thick, soft lichen. Sighing in contentment, Beam sank into sleep.

There was something sharp raking across Beam's rump, and an odd meowing sound. Beam woke up, startled. There was a huge animal, one with pointed ears, a long, lashing tail and darker stripes across its sand-coloured coat. A cat! Jumping up with alarm, Beam ignored the burning pain and zipped into the air. The cat snarled, annoyed at the lost chance of prey and stalked away, lithely leaping down the tree. Beam flew on, shaken by the encounter. The wound on his rump made it difficult to fly, and he wobbled uncontrollably. He wobbled again and plummeted down, sinking into unconsciousness.

When Beam came to, he was in a bright, spotless room. The unbearable pain was now replaced with a cooling, numb feeling. There were other creatures too, creatures that were much, much bigger than the cat and that walked on two legs. They wore soft fabric too. How strange. One of them, cooing softly, gently picked him up and released him into a box that was made of thin grey wire. Beam was happy enough though. There were still many, many flowers (most of which were hibiscus) and a huge space for him to fly around. No stupid, dangerous cats too. Beam soon realised this was a bird adoption agency. What he did not realise was that he would go to a good home soon.
pecan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hummingbird 1- adopt a bird

Postby ladybug5 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:41 am

SenselessHorse wrote:Username: SenselessHorse

He's yours :D I'll send you the codes.
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me