Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Cabun Adopts (Please welcome our new artists!) by BlueRocketMouse

Based on Click to view
Artist BlueRocketMouse [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cabun Adopts (Please welcome our new artists!)

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Posting open!

Open for posts and hoping to get a few Cabuns up by no later than tomorrow. :3

A Cabun is a very adaptable creature. Its DNA is structured in a way that allows it to change and mutate easily. These mutations do not physically affect a Cabun if they happen after it's born, but they can affect their offspring. This has allowed Cabuns to evolve into many different sub-species and live in almost any environment. One sub-species can look very different from another, but all Cabuns have three common traits: rabbit-like ears, a covering of thick scales along their backs, and a strong tail with a blade at the tip.

Index

*Rules and Adoption Guidelines* <- You are here
*Species Information*
*FAQ*
*Stamps, Links, and Goodies*

Rules

1. All CS rules apply.
2. Cabuns don't like rude people. Don't harass other people or complain if you don't get the Cabun you want.
3. There is currently no limit to the amount of Cabuns you can adopt. This may change in the future if hoarding becomes a problem.
4. Do not steal the species or anyone's design.
5. No spamming. This includes things like "Marking" and "I want one!"
6. There are no mini-mods. You all know how to use the report button and answer questions.
7. Bribing will not be tolerated. Anyone who offers/accepts a bribe will be banned, stripped of their artist status, and have their Cabuns revoked.
8. Bans/Warnings are on a three-strike basis:
First offense- Verbal warning
Second offense- Placed on warning list (Not allowed to apply for Artist/Guest Artist until your name is cleared. An artist can choose to not allow people on the Warning list to apply for a Cabun)
Third offense- Permanent ban (You can never apply for a Cabun or Artist/GA slot. Any current Cabuns may be revoked. Depending on the rule you break, you may be banned automatically instead of getting a warning)

Adoption

Adopting is simple. Click on the Cabun you're interested in adopting. Read the entire first post on the Cabun's page. There, the artist will state what you need to do to adopt it. Make sure the Cabun isn't already adopted before you post your form! Older Cabuns are more likely to be adopted than a more recent Cabun.

Artist/Guest Artist Guidelines

BOTH GA's and permanent Artists should read the blue text in second post with Cabun information.

Artists:

Ditzy Derp
Lionsmoke
wolfatheart<3

Artist slots are currently: CLOSED
Code: Select all
[center][b][size=150]I want to be an artist![/size][/b]
Design Examples: (If in your gallery, tell me what pages)
Can you do lineart edits?
Edit Examples:
Previous Experience?[/center]

Notes to the Artists wrote:*Artists can make as many Cabuns as they like, but can not have any more than three up for adoption at a time.
*Artists can make up to two customs for themselves, and one for a friend.
*Artists may choose a gender and add a few personality traits/preferences to their adopts, but try to avoid writing a complete personality.
*How an artist would like to adopt out their Cabun is up to them.
*Minor line edits/mutations (horns, spikes, small glowing parts, longer claws/teeth, etc.) are allowed and in fact encouraged. Anything major will need my permission.
*Artists can make rares without my permission so long as the last rare was both:
a) Done by someone other than you
b) Adopted (not created) at least three weeks ago

Guest Artists:

Guest artist slots are currently: CLOSED
[size=150]I want to be a guest artist![/size]
Design Examples: (If it's your gallery, tell me what pages)
Link to gallery: (I'll be looking at your gallery to see how well you can do lines/lineart edits. If you don't have any examples here, a deviantART or offsite gallery link will work as well)

Notes to the Guest Artists wrote:*Guest Artists can make up to two Cabuns, as well as one custom for themselves.
*GAs can make rare Cabuns with my permission. The three week rule still applies.
*Minor lineart edits/mutations are allowed and encouraged. GAs can't make major changes/mutations.
*Like artists, GAs can choose how they want to adopt out their Cabuns, as well as a gender and a few personality traits.
Last edited by BlueRocketMouse on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

"Our long bygone burdens,
mere echoes of the spring,
but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
If dreams can't come true,
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:44 am

Basics

A Cabun is a very adaptable creature. Its DNA is structured in a way that allows it to change and mutate easily. These mutations do not physically affect a Cabun if they happen after it's born, but they can affect their offspring. This has allowed Cabuns to evolve into many different sub-species and live in almost any environment. One sub-species can look very different from another, but all Cabuns have three common traits: rabbit-like ears, a covering of thick scales along their backs, and a strong tail with a blade at the tip.

Sub-Species: In-Depth Information
Artists/GAs should read the text in blue.

Common Cabun

The Common Cabun, also known as the Domestic Cabun, is, as the name suggests, the most common of all the Cabun subspecies. Common Cabuns have long, slender legs that can carry them at fast speeds. They have retractable claws, much like a cat. Their tail blade is flat and close to the size of their head. The blade is typically used to cut leafy branches down from trees. Common Cabuns are herbivores, and eat a variety of fruits, berries, nuts, and leaves. They are one of the most docile subspecies, and Common Cabuns rarely fight one another. It's even rarer to find a fight where one Cabun kills the other. The thick scales along their neck and back protect them from potentially fatal blows to their spine. They also usually aim to only pin their opponent down.

Common Cabuns can live either on their own or in groups of 2-10, sometimes even more. Their average lifespan is about 55-60 years, but they can live up to the age of 70. Their longevity and docile nature make Common Cabuns excellent pets, which is why they are sometimes called Domestic Cabuns. Though their bladed tail may seem like an unideal trait for a house pet, Common Cabuns are very gentle and careful with them. In fact, they are so coordinated that it is possible for them to rub the blade along the edge of a balloon without popping it!

Tidbits:
*The tail of a Common Cabun is roughly twice the size of its body. It is possible for the tail to be longer or shorter, though usually not by a drastic amount.
*Common Cabuns are almost always born with a nick in their left ear. Rarely are they born with one on both ears, and even less have no nicks at all.
*Common Cabuns typically grow to the size of a German Shepherd.
*Generally, a Common Cabun has 1-2 mutations. They sometimes have none, rarely have 3, and almost never have 4 or more.

Mountain Cabun

Mountain Cabuns are less common than Common Cabuns. Though their population is large, these Cabuns typically live high in the mountains, making them hard to find. Mountain Cabuns have short, muscular legs and floppy ears, as well as a thick shaggy pelt that protects them from the harsh mountain climate. The most defining feature of a Mountain Cabun is its wings. It is very rare to find a Mountain Cabun without wings. Their wings can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are usually used to glide from rock to rock or perform aerial attacks on prey (Lack of vegetation has led Mountain Cabuns to adapt a carnivorous diet) or each other. Mountain Cabuns are extremely aggressive and territorial. They rarely get along with other Cabuns with the exception of their mate and children. As a result, the scales on their backs are much thicker than most other species in order to protect them from stronger and more frequent blows.

Mountain Cabuns need to be hand raised from birth in order for them to grow tame enough to keep. Exposure to other Cabuns at an early age is recommended as well if a Mountain Cabun will be kept around others. It is possible for an older Cabun to grow used to humans/Cabuns even without previous exposure, but it is much more difficult.

Tidbits:
*In the wild, Mountain Cabuns average only 30 years of age. However, that number more than doubles to 65 when kept in captivity.
*Mountain Cabuns can have anywhere from 0 to 2 mutations. Rarely do they have more.
Last edited by BlueRocketMouse on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 am

Frequently Asked Questions

How many Cabuns can we adopt?

As many as you like! There's currently no limit. Please don't hoard all the Cabuns though. Leave some for others, or I may have to add a limit.

Can I get a custom Cabun? I'll pay!

At the moment, only artists and guest artists can have customs. Artists are allowed to make a custom for a friend but don't pester them to give it to you. I'm planning to offer customs as prizes for contests and auctions, so there will be chances to get a custom.

How do I become a mini-mod/artist/guest artist?

There are no mini-mods in Cabuns. If you see a post that breaks the rules, just report it. Same thing with questions. If you know the answer and no one has responded, just answer it.

Artist slots don't open very often. Usually, I'll leave them open for 3-5 days for people to post their forms. After it closes, I'll pick the people with the best designs AND lineart edits. That is the key difference between artist slots and GA slots. GA slots will have much more leniency in regards to edits. They are also usually open for 1 day.

Who is the brown Cabun on the header? Is he your custom?

That Cabun is Toby, and he is our mascot. Toby doesn't have an owner. In a way, he belongs to everyone! Anyone can use him in stories or draw him. Go ahead, he loves the attention. XP

Didn't find the answer to your question? Feel free to ask, I dont bite. ^^ Maybe your question will be added to the FAQ.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps, Links, and Goodies

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 am

Stamps

[url=http://qr.net/jzaK][img]http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy258/212pokemon212/Stamp_zpsceb18915.png[/img][/url]

Have a stamp, banner, RP link, or affiliate request? PM me!
Last edited by BlueRocketMouse on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 am

Reserved for future use.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:34 am

Reserved for future use.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last one, I promise

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:37 am

Posting is now open! I'll still be working on this a bit and hopefully getting a couple adopts up once I get off this iPod. Feel free to ask questions and post though ^^
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cabun Adopts

Postby .forever. » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 am

I've been following this since the first post! I love the idea and will be stalking for the right one :)
looking for bunny, deer, or butterfly wolf trades !!
.forever.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am

Lionsmoke wrote:I've been following this since the first post! I love the idea and will be stalking for the right one :)

Thanks, I'm glad someone's interested <3

The first Cabun adopt is now up!
ImageImage.......
deviantART

but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .forever. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:51 pm

its awesome, but i think ill wait.
looking for bunny, deer, or butterfly wolf trades !!
.forever.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me