Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

who am i by Verd

Artist Verd [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
40 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

who am i

Postby Verd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm

i wasn't sure whether or not to post this
    the truth is, i don't know if i'm a boy, girl, neither, or both.

the thing is, though, my mom doesn't believe in that stuff. she thinks you're 100% the gender and identity you're born with
    kinda makes it hard to talk to her about it uvu

anyways, this is just my rant/getting stuff off my chest kinda post uvu
    feel free to ignore

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
gay man - adult - autistic
trades always open

currently reading/playing:
house of leaves and new vegas
Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: who am i

Postby Alawai » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:05 pm

I to, feel the same. Lovely picture.
• dyna | she/her | adult •
––––---–––––––-–––––----------
––––---–––––––-–––––----------
• barista | digital artist | character creator •
Alawai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Alawai wrote:I to, feel the same. Lovely picture.

thank you uvu

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
trades always open

Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starbitee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Gender is only a small difference that doesn‘t really matter or effect who you are. You are born with the gender you have and that’s that.
Personality, though, is not a gender. You could be a boy who is like a girl or a girl who is like a guy, or not really be like any gender at all.
[That’s what I believe. ;w;” I‘m not saying your wrong. <:D]
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, can you explain a little more? nwn;

Aside from that, nice picture. : D
starbitee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 pm

StarfaceTheGreat wrote:Gender is only a small difference that doesn‘t really matter or effect who you are. You are born with the gender you have and that’s that.
Personality, though, is not a gender. You could be a boy who is like a girl or a girl who is like a guy, or not really be like any gender at all.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, can you explain a little more? nwn;

i'm not the best with gender identity, but it's more than just acting like a guy or acting like a girl
    you can be a guy and have girl parts
    you can be a girl and have guy parts

i think the main thing is what you truly feel you are inside. i'm not 100% sure if i really fit in to either category, and such
    this page might help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

[and thanks for the comment on the picture uvu]

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
trades always open

Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

StarfaceTheGreat wrote:Gender is only a small difference that doesn‘t really matter or effect who you are. You are born with the gender you have and that’s that.

Actually, the correct term for what (most) people are born with is their sex - people are born biologically male or female (i.e. have either XX (female) or XY (male) sex chromosomes)

Gender is the term used to describe what someone identifies as - male or female. Gender doesn't always match the sex (but for most people it does). So if someone isn't sure if they are female or male, then they're not sure of their gender, even if they know what sex they are.

If someone was born female and feels like they are actually male, then their gender is male. Gender isn't defined by how your body looks. It's what your brain tells you that you are.

@ enzo - I know there are others on CS in the same position as you, so you're not alone here. Maybe your Mom will understand some day, but it's probably hard for her to hear that you don't feel like the girl (or boy) that she always thought you were.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sarafina; » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Beautiful picture. I love your drawing style. They way you did the colors is amazing. <3

This reminds me of one of my favorite books, I am J by...erm...I forgot. XD I'll look it up later if you want to read it.
It's about a guy, who was born as a girl, but had always considered himself a guy. He knew that he was a guy that was accidently born as a girl. Kinda hard for me to explain, (because words are failing me right now XP) but I think you would understand.

I can't quite empathize, because I've never felt that way, though you could say I have somewhat of an idea. Long story. But I get what you mean about you can be a guy with girl parts, and vice versa.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what sex are you, physically? Just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just overly nosey and had to ask. X3
sarafina;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Tess wrote:@ enzo - I know there are others on CS in the same position as you, so you're not alone here. Maybe your Mom will understand some day, but it's probably hard for her to hear that you don't feel like the girl (or boy) that she always thought you were.

yeah, i can understand that. i think she's just upset that my sister nor i ended up being her ideal girl uvu
    i'm just going to try letting her know slowly, and hopefully she'll get used to it.
little filly wrote:Beautiful picture. I love your drawing style. They way you did the colors is amazing. <3

This reminds me of one of my favorite books, I am J by...erm...I forgot. XD I'll look it up later if you want to read it.
It's about a guy, who was born as a girl, but had always considered himself a guy. He knew that he was a guy that was accidently born as a girl. Kinda hard for me to explain, (because words are failing me right now XP) but I think you would understand.

I can't quite empathize, because I've never felt that way, though you could say I have somewhat of an idea. Long story. But I get what you mean about you can be a guy with girl parts, and vice versa.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what sex are you, physically? Just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm just overly nosey and had to ask. X3

i'll have to look that book up, because it sounds interesting
    and also, thank you so much ;u;

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
trades always open

Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starbitee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

enzo wrote:
    i'm not the best with gender identity, but it's more than just acting like a guy or acting like a girl
    you can be a guy and have girl parts
    you can be a girl and have guy parts

i think the main thing is what you truly feel you are inside. i'm not 100% sure if i really fit in to either category, and such
    this page might help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

[and thanks for the comment on the picture uvu]

Tess wrote:Actually, the correct term for what (most) people are born with is their sex - people are born biologically male or female (i.e. have either XX (female) or XY (male) sex chromosomes)

Gender is the term used to describe what someone identifies as - male or female. Gender doesn't always match the sex (but for most people it does). So if someone isn't sure if they are female or male, then they're not sure of their gender, even if they know what sex they are.

If someone was born female and feels like they are actually male, then their gender is male. Gender isn't defined by how your body looks. It's what your brain tells you that you are.

@ enzo - I know there are others on CS in the same position as you, so you're not alone here. Maybe your Mom will understand some day, but it's probably hard for her to hear that you don't feel like the girl (or boy) that she always thought you were.

I think I understand now. ouo
So gender identity is now how you act or appear, but how you actually feel about your own gender.
And by the way I’m reading this, ‘sex’ and ‘gender’ are two different terms?
Sex: Someone’s biological gender.

Thank you both for helping me understand this a lot better. nwn It really helps.

@Enzo: You’re welcome. c:
starbitee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:27 am

old comment ew
Last edited by daz on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
█████████████████
-----------------------------------------------
HELLO
C R Y B A B Y !!

hmm

1x1 search ;; always eager for a group roleplay.
he/him ;; adult ;; infp/infj ;; libra ;; queer
hey there, i'm daz.
i'm sort of a cs vet, working on my own novels now.
writing constantly alongside my girlfriend + our four
cats. identifiable as a colored hair enthusiast, a
professional lefty, and an exhausted writer on
constant autopilot.

my pm box is open for site-related questions &
friendship whenever needed.

my kids // link // link link link
-----------------------------------------------
█████████████████
daz

My pets
My items