Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Magie sprites no posting by Saikiyo

Artist Saikiyo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Magie sprites no posting

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

I've been planning something like this for over a year, and adoptable that you can battle. I'm jumping into the deep end here, but this is a bit of a test for the battle system, if it works works I will continue with my bigger project :3

But for now, this is what these little critters are:

Magie sprites are nature spirits. They battle each other territory, with each battle they win, they get stronger.

Each sprite has their own line art and ability so each is unique, you can also buy items from the store to boost power and change appearances to customize even more.

You can choose what four attacks sprites have and change them whenever you like (just not in the middle of battle)

Sprites come in twelve different elements, fire, water, earth, air, ice, lightning, darkness, light, plant, animal, spirit and mind. I am working on a chart, but some are more powerful against others
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to play

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 am

You need at least one sprite.

Both players must have the same number of sprites in their party (max 3)

One judge must be present. The judge tells you to damage take/given and keeps score of all the stats

Each sprite will go up one on one (you can sprites change in the middle of battle)

Each will use 1 move in a turn. Each move will either hurt your opponent or help you (changing sprites counts as a move). Continue taking turns until one player has no sprites left

Last one standing (the one with sprites left) wins. After winning, all sprites one the winning team the fought gain a level (if a sprite did not fight they will not get a level). The player then can choose which stat to level up
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:35 am

1. You may buy as many spites as you want, but you can’t buy two in a row.
2. If you do not battle you spite for long enough (one month) I will give it to someone else.
3. No cheating! If I catch a player of judge cheating you will be ban from the game.
4. Be polite! Do not be to judges, other player or artists!
5. Do NOT spam this thread. Double posting, bumping, I’ve had people posting clickable on my adopts, this is NOT the thread for that
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shop

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Here is where you can use buy items to power up, teach moves, catch or customize sprites with battle points.

Currently empty
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

More on sprites

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Sprites grow as the battle, each sprite has three different forms (I will post what it takes to get to the next form on each adopts page)

Sprites come in spirit form when you buy them, but as soon as they are owned they will materialize into their first form

Sprites can learn as many moves as they want as long as they are in their element (fire learns fire moves, water learns water moves) or in their ability (so abilities let them learn other elemental moves). All elements can learn natural attacks that have no bonus or penalty on any element. In battle, each sprite must have no more than FOUR pre-chosen moves. You can change moves before and after battle.

Each move uses magic, and the sprite must have enough magic to use that move. Once a move is preformed, magic will be used up. Some move use more magic than others
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Users

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Here is where I keep track of all the users sprites and items