Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Prathen Desert Drake Adopts by LostHope

Based on Click to view
Artist LostHope [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Prathen Desert Drake Adopts

Postby LostHope » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:00 am

What is a Prathen Desert Drake? (Prey-thin):
A Prathen Desert Drake, or PDD, is a type of dragon that lives in the vast deserts of the world. They are smaller than normal dragons, this being a drake. They have long, large ears that point backwards, and always look as if they are pinned back. However, this is only to protect their inner ear canals from harmful sands due to sand storms. They have four, thin eyes. The ball itself having taken on an elongated oval shape due to the positioning so close over one another. While they do have pupils, they are simply the exact same color of their iris, giving them a solid eye color effect. It is unknown if each eye is capable of looking in a different direction. Their body if broad and muscular, covered in a thick, leathery hide that, in turn, is covered in very short fur. It feels exactly like velvet. They have a short mane that just before their ears and stops right at the base of the tail, only to start growing along the underside of the tail. Males have two large teeth that protrude over their top jaw, and a horn on their nose. The species as a whole has three small spikes on their brow, three larger on their elbows, and two small on their heels.

Behavior:
PDDs are solitary creatures, only seeking on another during mating season, in which males will fight among themselves. During this time, the normally docile males become very hostile and aggressive. Females are short tempered all year round and are easy to set off, though normally are all bark and no bite. This doesn't mean they aren't to be taken seriously. Especially if she has a clutch of eggs nearby. Once a pair breeds, the male will stay with the female until the young is able to follow the mother around. At this time, he will do his part to father the young and provide what food he can. Not much else is know.

Appearance:
They hatch from eggs the size of baseballs, the drakelings emerging at the size of a bearded dragon. they grow fast, reaching dog size in just a years. By twenty years they are fully grown, standing at 8 foot at the shoulder. Their coats are normally light in color, to help with the heat. Mainly colored in browns, whites, grays, and pale yellows, they are also said to have darker markings of black, blues, reds, and over various colors. Their eyes seem to come in full spectrum, colors, ranging from white to solid black.

Nocturnal PDDs are dark colored with some light markings, as the desert nights get very cold.

There are four sub species of PDD, mostly seen in the male side. Inferno, Cyclone, Tempest, and Alpha. The Inferno Prathen Desert Drake has developed flames along it's back, legs, and ear tips, with the addition of two ram-like horns curling around it's ears. They are fierce warriors and nearly always win the fights.

The Cyclone PDD is a mystical, passive drake. It has a long flowing beard along with large amounts of feathering along it's arms and legs. It lacks fangs and horns, making it look more for show and less for use. There is always a breeze around them, keeping themselves, and other around, them cool. Who needs to fight when you can make yourself more useful keeping the eggs cool?

The Tempest PDD has developed two short horns curved forward, electricity arches across them along with two small nose spikes. They have also developed small feathered wings, incapable of flight, but used for something better. Fanning themselves and their eggs.

The Alpha PDD is a fully matured male. He has developed a massive horn on his head as well as several smaller spikes. A large fang protrudes over his upper jaw. All who see him step aside, knowing the power he holds. Few ever challenge him.

Rules:
♥ Do not steal the name, species, or any design that you have not won.
♥ Please be respectful to all other players.
♥ Refrain from spamming or chatting in the thread.
♥ If you do not win the desired PDD do not complain. There will be more.
♥ These are free, you just need to 'win' them. Do not attempt to bribe to get one you want.

Affiliates:

Artists:
PopTarts ~Owner~
RestInPeace ~Artist~
Last edited by LostHope on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Prathen Desert Drake Adopts

Reserved
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

There are two adopts available
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am

up
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Updated the lines, added an egg. Now they hatch :)
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neforium » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Can i become an artist? these look wonderful!
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:05 pm

I'll let you have a trial run. i'll add you and we'll see how you do. Sound fair?
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neforium » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:06 pm

It does ^^
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 am

Go ahead and make one, but be warned. There are a ton of layers to choose from.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me