Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

And I Would Walk (500 Miles) ~ Serca and Eidolon by Silverhart

Artist Silverhart [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

And I Would Walk (500 Miles) ~ Serca and Eidolon

Postby Silverhart » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:49 pm

~Announcement!~
~Bast~ and I have decided to breed our two Rune dragons, Serca, the Pictish Beast Rune and Eidolon, the Celtic Kelpie Rune. :D I know, so exciting! As soon as ~Bast~ mentioned Serca/Eidolon art, I knew I had to draw some. I guess you could consider this Eidolon's official 'proposal'. (Actually it was ~Bast~ who asked if we should breed them, so I guess Serca should be the one to propose, but Eidolon wanted to do it. Hope he doesn't look too 'respectable' ~Bast~! ;))

Eidolon decided to impress Serca, and he happened to notice little Tiddly Winks, the messenger Rune, flying by on her way to deliver some glass beads to some deserving Runes. As everyone knows, Rune dragons like to present their intended mate with a glass bead, and if the receiver accepts, those dragons become mates! Glass beads being hard to come by in the Celtlands, my little Kelpie Rune decided to- uh-hum, borrow some from Tiddly Winks' bag. So he pounced on her, tied her up with sea weed and took her bag. -_- But isn't it sweet how he tried to impress Serca with all those beads? He thought she would like the green one best, since it looks like her little green orbs, but why leave it up to chance? Here's a fancy red one, and a yellow one, and a blue one. Take your pick, my lady!

When I noticed poor Tiddly Winks I gave my Rune a sound scolding, and untied her. Sorry about that Benathorn and Jendalie, but she seems okay. Poor little thing. She had quiet a few things to say to my Kelpie Rune! Eidolon probably got a worse tongue-lashing from her then from me. But he didn't really care anyway. I still don't know if he returned all those glass beads or not... He's such a bad boy... I suspect Tiddly Winks will one day get him back.

Background is utterly horrible, I know, but I think it turned out alright. I'm bad at backgrounds, so I just threw something together. I should've drawn this bigger, but I didn't. Oh well. (Immediately notices so many flaws and sloppy mistakes in this... urgh) Maybe one day I'll redraw it. Or I'll find time to improve it. Title is from the song I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. It happened to be playing when I finished this drawing, and I figured why not name the picture after the song since I can't think of anything better. It's also an awesome song, and it's a Scottish band, so yay!

Serca, the Pictish Beast Rune was designed by Jendalie and is owned by ~Bast~ (And yes ~Bast~ you may feel free to use this)
Eidolon, the Celtic Kelpie Rune was designed by Ashenjay and is owned by yours truly (*huggles him*)
Tiddly Winks, the baby Messenger Rune is the Rune Dragon's Mascot, designed by Benathorn
And the Rune Dragon Adoptables belong to the amazing Benathorn of course!
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: And I Would Walk (500 Miles) ~ Serca and Eidolon

Postby Ashenjay » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 pm

I am in love with this drawing xDDDD
Awesomeness! <33
Look at poor Tiddly Winks....ahaha....what a tongue lashing Eidolon must have got xD~
I will be looking forward to their babies!! <3

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:47 am

Ha ha! Me too! I'm glad you like it Ashenjay!
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:00 am

You get brownie points for saying how amazing I am. <3
lol, just kidding, but my what an amazing pic Silver! I love it and the background story you gave it makes it just like a picture out of a story book. Boy, I can only imagine what Tiddly Winks said to your rune...don't be surprised if she get's her sister to steal all your spoons!
Amazing picture and what talent you have, I love to see your work so keep posting! :3
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 am

This. Is. Astounding.

I loved the story behind it more than anything else! Brilliant job, Silver. I look forward to seeing what their offspring look like.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 am

Well, you are amazing Benathorn! ^^ Thanks, I'm happy you like it! And thanks Verdana!

I''ll have to keep an eye on my spoons! And on my Kelpie Rune.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Silverhart wrote:Well, you are amazing Benathorn! ^^ Thanks, I'm happy you like it! And thanks Verdana!

I''ll have to keep an eye on my spoons! And on my Kelpie Rune.

Don't worry! Faloin (though she won't admit it) is laughing like crazy.
I don't think she'll avenge her sister this time xD~

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist