Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Celeste by silverfox24

Based on Click to view
Artist silverfox24 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Celeste

Postby silverfox24 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:42 am

My new character, Celeste, based off my love for Greek Mythology.
It took me a while to get her design how I wanted it to be, but I'm very happy with the end result c:
I've always loved Greek Mythology, and I wanted to have a character that symbolized that.
I'm going to put her information here just so I don't loose it:
Name: Celeste
Species: Cat
Personality: Celeste will never give up no matter what happens to her. If she sets her mind on something, she will get it done, no matter the cost. She is very loyal to those she loves, although she will do what she believes is right even if they tell her not to. She would gladly give her life for others, and is smart and battle ready. She will stop and think before she acts, although she has been known to do stupid things due to her pride. Few know, but inside Celeste is a whole different cat than the one she shows the outside world. Inside, she is always worried that she'll make the wrong choice. She's worried that she'll loose the ones closest to her, or that something terrible will happen and it will be her fault. Few know about this other side to her, but it's there. Celeste will goes to great lengths to keep it hidden, and projects a whole different image to the world.
History (as a human): When she was born, she was a minor goddess, the goddess of silence, but she decided that she wanted to be goddess of archery because it was her passion. Her parents, however, did not approve of her wishes, and forbid her to continue. She ignored them, and after she had gotten good enough, traveled to Mount Olympus to ask Zeus to make her goddess of archery and an immortal. Zeus had her pass three test to prove her worthiness -- first, she had to shoot an arrow from a great distance and make it hit the target, which was near impossible. The second test was to shoot an arrow at a target with a large boulder placed in front of it. As she let go of the arrow, she whispered a spell to make the boulder disappear for a split second. It would only work if she said the spell at the exact right time. For the last test, Zeus asked her to do a special trick that would prove she was worthy to become the goddess of archery. She fired two arrows into the center of the target -- and one when directly through the other one, splitting it in half. After the three tests were over, Zeus determined her worthy.
To be continued because I'm too lazy to finish it right now lol
Other: As a human, she's goddess of archery.

This is what her necklace was based off of:
Link
However, her necklace changes to whatever the person looking at it wants it to be. For example, if the person loved music, it might be a flute.

Art (c) Silverfox24
Design (c) Silverfox24
Do not use

we gotta live before we get older
do what we like we got nothing to lose
shake off the weight of the world from your shoulders
oh, we got nothing to prove

i said hey, it's alright
does it make you feel alive
don't look back,
live your life
even if it's only for tonight