Based on Click to view
Artist Crocodile-God [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Foo Dog Rune <3

Postby Crocodile-God » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 pm

This is a "Foo Dog Rune"!!!

Simple and yet brightly colored, these small, robust Runes may look mean and viscous, but are actually kind hearted in nature. Oriental in color and dog-like in structure these Runes were rightly named "Foo Dog Runes" or "Foo Runes" and certainly act like the Mythical beasts they're named after. These Runes use their mean and angry facial features for intimidation and bluffing tactics, flashing their large canine and puffing up their neck mane, wings, and tail. If intimidation of bluffing doesn't work, they use combat as a last resort, fighting to the very end if necessary. Foos are deathly loyal to their masters and extremely protective. In fact: the rune on their wings in the Chinese religious letter for "Protector". But, like all other Runes, Foos do have their flaws: They can be very possessive of their masters and their possessions. Their naturally curious when it comes to shiny things, usually involving the colors gold, jade, and red. If you're interested in adopting this tough little Foo, make sure your will is strong and your heart is pure: For the Foo Dog only serves those who are pure of heart.

I Really Really Really REALLY love this guy and is by far my favorite. Please take good care of him. And NO STUPID OR FLUFFY NAMES! ><

Owner: .Zodiac
Last edited by Crocodile-God on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Foo Dog Rune <3

Postby Mysty Fox » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:34 pm

OMG, so freaking cute!!!! <3

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore

Mysty Fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mordecai » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Username: Skip

Dragon's Name: Komainu (koh-mah-eyn-oo)
Nickname: Kuma (koo-mah)

Name Biography: "Komainu" means two things. The first thing means "two fu dog statutes that are on both sides of an entrance". A komainu is also one of the pieces on a Japanese chess board, called a Shogi.

Personality: He is usually calm, but if someone disturbes him, he will actually stare at them and hiss/growl until they leave him alone. If he has too, he will kill the victim and wont care if it dies. He isn't a big fan of little kids unless its one of his own. He hangs out with my characters unless they're being loud and annoying. He enjoys board games and flying high up in the sky, showing his graceful wings and horns.

Likes: Hot springs, calm places, Buddhists, candles, peaceful homes, enjoying life, hanging out with friends

Dislikes: Annoying people, immature people, noisy, overcrowded places, getting called "dog" because they're actually lions

Breedable: Yes, with my permission though. I would feel like he's being used if I do not get asked beforehand. Also, I would like if you pm me a link to the offspring.

Will you love him/her?: Of course. He will be my first and only rune dragon, and I would love if I won him. I promise to draw him a lot (when I get my own computer l, in about a month or so), and even order art or him.
Im not going to come on here anymore. Ive became really uninterested. Sorry. I hate drama, and people have been rude to me, so i just want to leave. I have better things to do in real life. I was bullied since i was 12, and im an adult now. Its a silly thought that im still getting brought down, and i hate negativity.
Mordecai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 am

Adoption Form

Username:
Dragon's Name:Ouka
Nickname: ouky
Personality: this little girl is very loyal and kind. She will get snippy from time to time but will always apologize for it later. She loves putting on a show and trying to show off for fun. She isn't one to shy away from a fun game.
Dislikes: boring things, people who won't have fun.
Breedable: sure ^^ i would love to see the babys
Will you love him/her?:
yes i would. She will become one of my most used character and i would get a lot of art of her.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurealis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am

SO COOL! :D
Please feel free to call me Aure or Aurora.
Thank you Neelix and SplashofOrangeJuice for the lovely art of my JBD Summer and Pocketmouse for this art here!

My tablet is broken... D':
Aurealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momoply45 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:41 am

You did a amazing job Dracos. I love it ^^

Momoply45
Rune Dragons
▐ Theme song▐
Wake Me Up When September Ends.
▐ Mood:▐
It's a secret. ^^
▐ Getting art from me - One slot▐
You can PM me and give me link to what you want me to draw and I'll get back to you. But be aware that if it is really detailed don't expect me to get it right.
▐ Livestream▐
Online/Offline
momoply45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Heart.:.Broken~ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Username: Rani4268
Dragons name: Purotekutā
Nickname: Puro
Name history: His name in japanese means protector. When i was little, we adopted a little german shepard pup from N.O.A.H. We brought him home and a week later he got severely sick and died. I would like to dedicate this little guy to him if i won.
Personality: Highly protective of their owners, Puro follows these rules exactly. Never hesitating when someone is in trouble, he protects not only me, but his brother T.J. (fox). Only trusting of the person who adopted him, he gets into a lot of trouble with the law being he is not trusting with the police.
Likes: Me singing him to sleep, Candy Apples, Heavy Metal, T.J., and japanese artwork.
Dislikes: When he meets someone new, Screamo, the neghbors terrier Pepper, and seafood.
Breedable: Yes please :)
Would you love him/ her?: Of course i will!!!!! Who wouldn't love a baby Rune dragon??
My Impossible dream ♥~
Please click so they don't die!
ImageImageImageImage

PixelKahari1866 and raibowtiger13 are my bffs in RL and Pixel gave Rain and myself all her pets.
Me! wrote:"Three o'clock? Time for chicken smoothie! <3"
~Heart.:.Broken~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coexist » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:49 am

Username: Coexist
Dragon's Name: Tamotsu (保)- japanese; "defender, protector"
Nickname: Tam
Personality: Fiercly loyal, he has a big heart hidden behind his guardian exterior. He constantly trys to keep his families honor.
Likes: protecting, guiding, guarding, scaring away evil spirits
Dislikes: evil spirits, people that make fun of his family, being treated like a puppy
Breedable: yes but she has to be special!
Will you love him/her?: with all my heart
------------
I found some facts about fu dogs that I thought facinating.
There name started in china- the chinese word for Buddah is Fo. They are the protector of all sacred buildings and defender of lay. you can commonly find them at buisnesses, temple gates, home entrences, and estates. Though its not uncommon to see them guarding tombs or government buildings to scare evil spirits. They were often given to the emporor over the years, presented to the emperor in sculpures or artwork. The artwork varied, sometimes Buddah was depicted on the back of the great beast, more often they were in a powerful guarding position. The creature was usuaolly presented holding a spear in its paw. This was a representation of the peace and serenity the foo dog would maintain for the santuary it was guarding, discouraging wrong doers and demon spirits from entering the place of traquility. Foo dogs come in many shapes, sizes, different material, and colors. Their faces have a mischievious almost devilish look about them; eyes notmally wide open with a tiny speck in the middle this threatening apperance is what gives the idea that they guard against evil spirits. The foo dog is also known as Celestial dog, and Happiness dog, symbol of energy and value often displayed in female and male pair. Male plays with a ball that symbolizes earth, while female holds a cub.
------------------------------------------------------
I would like to appoligize to everyone for my behavior. Apparently one of my meds needed adjusted. I decided to stay but I will soon start a thread about High Functioning Autisum so that maybe a few people can better understand when I do slip. Love you all!
Coexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caesol » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 am

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

[/edit/ sorry I may have changed his colors a bit ;w; I was experimenting with shading a bit and the guassian effect on photoshop.]

Username:
    .Zodiac
Dragon's Name:
    Shi-Long [meaning lion and dragon respectively]
Nickname(s):
    Shi-Long , Shi-Shi , "that dragon" , "the guard dog" , "the softy"
Personality:
    {outside - formidable | serious | stoic | honorable }
    Thinking of himself as the newest generation of a Pretoria of mythological beings, Shi-Long is very self-focused. Although he does take guarding and whatnot very seriously, there are times where Shi-Long will lapse into a wistful state of mind, often displayed whenever he goes off on his own to think for hours, hours that can sometime carry on into days. Meditation, or, in a Rune Dragon sense -- sitting on the ground for a long time with one's tail tucked around oneself, attempting to feel at one with one's environment. Meditation is a very serious past-time to the Foo Dragon, but of course, whenever danger is present, Shi-Long will abandon it and run with post-haste to the scene of any attack. The reason for this sudden change in character is because like his Chinese owner, Shi-long has a strong sense of family values, the forefront of which is honor. So similarly to the legendary beast, the Shishi or 'stone lion dog' in Chinese culture, this young Foo Rune is sharp and adamant, constantly on the look-out for possible dangers and vigilant when catering to the needs of his owner.
    Like Shi-Long's appearance connotes, he is a fierce dragon, despite how small he is in comparison to his tamer or the other rune dragons. Given to using intimidation to get what he wants, the young Foo Rune tends to harass his victims or enemies in the same formulaic procedure every time: Hop-skipping from side to side, flaring out his mane, and nipping a bit at the talons of opposing dragons. He may be known as a tactless warrior, but Shi-Long has dignity of his own -- enough to be called honorable; he will not attack unless provoked like the lion in Aesop's Fables in 'The Lion and the Mouse". When approached by something much much weaker than he is, the Foo Dragon will not abuse his greater power and attack blindly. The dragon is determined to never sully his claws unless for doing so would protect his cherished master.

{inwardly - weak | wound-up | wistful | hard-to-read }
    A troubled dragon he is, Shi-Long, having been left in the care of his tamer, has, from day one, lost the ability to trust. Even though in the back of his mind, he knew that his parents had their own duties to take to -- to protect the tamer that they have sworn their loyalties -- the young dragon, when he was a mere hatchling, could not bear to trust others. It wasn't until he fully opened his eyes to the mutual protection that he and his tamer exchanged between each other that he was able to open himself up to her. Even now, despite being on good terms with her, Shi-Long has unbearable feelings of guilt. They have surfaced up from time to time, especially when approached by those he feels he is compelled to protect. The fact that in his past, he was unable to fully protect his tamer, choosing, instead, to turn away from her and do his own thing in a half-hearted manner, the Shi-Long he was in the past disgusts him in the present to no end.
    There are times where he wonders 'where did I go wrong?' but despite meditating on end, which is why he did the process in the first place: to relax himself, calm himself, and search for his true desires, Shi-Long has yet to find the answer. He does not know of the fact that, right now, he is a sufficient guard as any because Shi-Long cannot relinquish his past self and his past failures. He cannot yet come to peace, cannot reconcile with his inner weakness, cannot grapple well with his inner paranoia. The questions that continuously arise in his mind: 'what if? what if?' cannot be answered.

{to others - prideful | defeated | cynical | reserved }
    Much like a kindergartner experiencing the first day of school without mommy, Shi-Long is very critical of others who attempt to worm their way into his personal space. Although his whole way of going about things: taking to his own, never asking for the help of others, etc. may seem to be a lonely act on his part, Shi-Long enjoys the silence. He has long-since established the fact that the only person in his life will be his tamer. His mother and father have already exited via stage left, he has no family bonds to fall down upon. Instead, he is his tamer's pillar of support.
    Even if he is able to make friends with fellow dragons, Shi-Long, although he will never own up to this or recognize this fear, feels as if he will inevitably be distracted from his duties. Whenever a Foo Dragon makes friends, they will be comrades for life. They must be pure of heart and strong of will. If one can pass those trials and tribulations, break past the boundaries that Shi-Long had put up on his own, and prove to be a worthy companion, that person and/or dragon will automatically warrant his respect. He is compelled to protect anybody that is willing to run the distance for him. However, there is an inner weakness in the young dragon; Shi-Long feels as if he cannot protect well. He is not strong enough to, that is all. Although on the outside he appears to be quick, decisive, bold, and possess a good head on young shoulders, regardless of how intelligent and/or strong he may appear, it is a given fact that one's strongest critic is his or her own selves.
    Even if he feels as if he is accomplishing his guard duties, Shi-Long displays bursts of paranoia. Because he is always on the look-out for possible danger, that has affected his way of thinking. There may be people worth trusting, but is it worth the effort to trust when he cannot even offer sufficient protection? There is no way for him to stretch his defenses to protect all who are precious to him. Even if there are some people that Shi-Long respect and even like, he is unable to put himself out there, for fear of being unable to protect them all. His attitude toward others, dragons and humans alike, can be described as: reserved and wary at first, but to potential friends: defeated, hasty, and at a loss.

{to his tamer - an enigma | protective | fawning | strange }
    Even to his tamer, Shi-Long is a mystery. There is no doubt that he is fiercely loyal and will not hesitate to exchange his life for his tamer's, but despite his obsequious nature, there exists within him something grimly independent. It is an unspoken arrangement between he and his tamer that at times, he will take off on his own. The arrangement is as follows: he will leave, his tamer will not go after him, he will be gone at times -- perhaps for an hour, many hours, or multiple days, but despite this, Shi-Long will return.
    His temperament regarding his tamer is phlegmatic. Whenever not guarding or on the look-out, Shi-Long enjoys sleeping. He may be young, but the young dragon can sleep for moons. Sleeping in his tamer's lap is his secret love. The warmness he absorbs and shares makes him feel at home and safe, as if with his mother and father, who, as all Foo Dragons are, have long parted ways with Shi-Long and each other in order to protect their own cherished master.
    Although Shi-Long at first attempted to keep a broad distance between he and his tamer, after having fallen asleep at one point in his early stages of life and waking up in the lap of his tamer, the young dragon felt at home then. There was an unspoken bond then, which continued to grow and grow after that moment. Even Shi-Long doesn't know when he became fiercely protective of his tamer. He may still act awkward around her, but regardless, when the time calls for it, the loyal companion will carry on with his duty to the bitter end.

[it brings a sense of relaxation to him, perhaps the same level as sleeping brings to others. his favorite place to do so is out in the woodlands or, if possible, perched in the bare center of a grove of bamboo, a place that can closely resemble the origin, he feels, of his ancestors. shi-long can only preform this task when surrounded by nature, for better results and a higher state of inner peace, when only aided by the music of mother nature.]
    爱 - the shinies
      [warning: shi-long is a hoarder of all the good jewels, especially jade, rubies, sapphires, and topaz. the young dragon does not mind pooling together gold and silver in his, to humans -- extremely valuable, but to him -- pretty useless objects, stone pile. whenever he gets his talons on something, no matter who it is, he will not relinquish any member of his hoard.]
    爱 - moonlight
      [he adores going out at night to stare up at the moon. there might be an inner philosopher in shi-long yet, but has failed to make itself present so far. the moon itself represents something godly to him, holding some mythical value that shi-long himself cannot name or word well. but he likes it when it shines and catches on his fur. the sight dazzles him]
    爱 - sleeping
      [again, as mentioned before, shi-long's secret obsession is sleeping. he may appear to be a solemn dragon since he opts to go out on his own to self-meditate, but this is one time where he does not practice self-abnegation: when he sleeps -- especially when curled in his owner's lap. he enjoys the feeling of warmth and the sense of safety and security it provides him.]
    爱 - eastern-style anything
      [because the shishi comes from china, shi-long has a cultural bond to that country. as result, anything resembling his ancestor's home is something that shi-long will automatically favor. as a result, he feels more at ease surrounded by bamboo, large castles, etc. than in any other setting.]
Dislikes:
    譈 - rain
      [he dislikes wetness. perhaps it is because the species he and his family closely resemble is the shishi where stone does not bode well with water and lions, somewhat like cats, may not take well to being wet, but the fact is that whenever it rains, the foo dragon is much more short-tempered and sluggish.]
    譈 - music
      [depending on what kind of music is being played at the time, shi-long can go berserk over this small thing. when he is fine with being distracted, it is fine, but 97.4% of the time, shi-long cannot afford to have his attention grabbed by some trivial detail. he would much rather burn all instruments than listen to them during that time.]
    譈 - company
      [shi-long shuns all other company that he feels may present a threat to his charge. he is a lone wolf in a sense, only lowering his guard to those he knows he can place his trust in. however, even so, shi-long wants to keep a distance from others. this may be done out of fear or out of choice, but his desire to protect ultimately pervades throughout his decision.]
    譈 - youkai
      [always one for stories, shi-long has a sense of adversion towards anything else of mythological background. youkai though, ayakashi or demons of japanese origin, is something that shi-long cannot wrap his head around. he feels confident in rising to the challenge against any demons of chinese origin, but something japanese is awfully foreign to him. so while ghost stories may seem to be trivial to him, youkai are not.]
Breedable:
    Maybe ouo People should pm beforehand though ;w; </3
Will you love him/her?:
    Haha, I fell in love with him when I saw that he was based off of Asian culture. I have always loved the Shishi. My family keeps carvings of them, though my grandma never lets me touch them, haha.. Of course, while I may be an ABC [American Born Chinese], having the chance to potentially own a dragon and character that draws upon my family's culture and values is very thrilling to me C:
Last edited by Caesol on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Not really on CS as much, so almost all of my pets can be traded for art of my oc's

Click here for more info
Caesol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caesol » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 am

;_; I hope I made it on time..
Not really on CS as much, so almost all of my pets can be traded for art of my oc's

Click here for more info
Caesol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me