Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Abuse of Power by Takk

Artist Takk [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Abuse of Power

Postby Takk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:33 pm

This is pure opinion, and I know posting this is asking for trouble. Admins, Assistance, Staff, and all of the bunch who have been here long enough to know we're only human and make mistakes and sometimes don't learn. Delete this if you will, but I want this to be heard.

I'm tired of hearing about how one person has to effect everything that happens
Shutting something down because people are chatting outside of a chat room is unfair
Canceling Role Plays because of an unwelcome player...
If you as a Chickensmoothie member, and as a human being have ever felt like this site is run unfairly at times
Why don't we talk about these things? Do we get kicked off for talking like this?
For questioning our rights? For running against growing teens/adults?
Most of us are just kids, some of us are adults and might think this...
I'm not saying all the admins (meaning all staff/helpers) are abusing power
But I do think some of them every blue moon treat someone unfairly for mistakes
Hold a grudge or believe something that isn't true because of something someone said.
I know Action forum are for auctions, but I can't I have a conversation with the owner of that topic?
Can I say something about my life on an art post like this?
Can i talk to my friends on a Rp post? I don't talk to lots of people, but they become friends if I'm there long enough.
I just want answers
I don;t want to loose my account, I don't want to be mean over and over
I just want answers of why this place must be so strict?
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Abuse of Power

Postby wildwolfspiret » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I agree the mods do abuse power. ALOT. Ive PMed one twice asking fr help...A month Ago!! Idonnt undertand the :/
ImageArtshop
ImageCharacter Adopts
ImageDeviantArt
ImageToyhou.se
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _.0_ people.
I have received _.0_ gifts.

To anyone who wanted to commission me via CS. I will no longer be offering drawings on CS due to being rudely rushed by some users. I no longer get on Cs as much as I used to so when I take on a commission here it’s usually just for fun and in my free time. I don’t appreciate being rushed. Most artist on here are just starting out like I once did but I can no longer do all my art for free.
wildwolfspiret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I've been on this site for two years now. In my opinion, the staff are friendly and are strict when they need to be. Believe me...I've seen must worse staff. It's a relief CS has some level headed people. Now I'm not saying the staff is always fair/right. They too make mistakes but most the time they do a good job. If people are breaking rules in a thread, it will get locked. And if you want to talk to someone on a thread out of context, just p.m them.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm just trying to make a small point, so thanks for the posts
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildwolfspiret » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:26 pm

I hope they dont delet or give us a warning due to opinion O_o
ImageArtshop
ImageCharacter Adopts
ImageDeviantArt
ImageToyhou.se
I am a holibomber!

To anyone who wanted to commission me via CS. I will no longer be offering drawings on CS due to being rudely rushed by some users. I no longer get on Cs as much as I used to so when I take on a commission here it’s usually just for fun and in my free time. I don’t appreciate being rushed. Most artist on here are just starting out like I once did but I can no longer do all my art for free.
wildwolfspiret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 pm

I apologize if that happens, but honestly it'd be unfair when we're asking for changes and they stab us
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildwolfspiret » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Dont be sorry, I agree Fully
ImageArtshop
ImageCharacter Adopts
ImageDeviantArt
ImageToyhou.se
I am a holibomber!

wildwolfspiret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainy Days » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Trying to keep away my worries when I post on this. I luff my animals way to much that I dun' wanna be kicked off for saying stuff. But I'm not even sure if what I say next is for or against them.

Okay... admins are human too. Maybe they just had a bad day, and take their anger out on something. And yes, they should not let feelings manipulate them, but think about it; you've taken your anger out on someone at least once before. As humans, its our nature to do that.
Theres also the fact that so many people spam and break rule after rule. Think about it. Many people go on this daily, and a bunch spam and make multiple accounts each day. The mods and admins have to clean out those 'pests' and lock those spamming forums to keep CS a cleaner, better place.
One of my things in general discussion was shut down, because it was considered spam. I was a little upset, but after thinking about it (I keep saying 'think about it'), I realized why. I'll go through different things, and get annoyed when people talk about off topic stuff. Thats what PMs are for.

So... really, admins don't abuse power that much. They just do what they think is right, or act on impulse; like a human. They aren't perfect, just like we aren't perfect.

XC Please don't shot me for this. *hides in a mattress castle*
Rainy Days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm

I still don't think this is something they would delete accounts over... That'd be really stupid. I don't bite others so no worries there :3

Even when I have a bad day, i know it's wrong to take it out on others. I try not to and being an admin you should know how to handle yourself around people, not they do take it out on us. I know most of them are nice, some of them are questioned at times...
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:58 pm

If you have an issue with a staff member, you should be contacting the help email about it and providing any evidence of misdemeanour or explaining what exactly you feel you are being abused for.

Chickensmoothie is not a strict site, but you have to be aware that we run a 'pg-13 safe for kids' site, so anything about anything that could be harmful to our members will be taken care of immediately, whether it's inappropriate language or chain mails or harassment.. we do not let things slide just because 'it's not that bad', bad is bad. All the parents of our young members do and would appreciate us keeping the site that their children play on free of offensive or harmful material.

The point of a topic is to be 'on topic', the clue is in the name there, if it's not on topic, you should be using PMs or, in the case of roleplay, using an OOC text form. The only reason a thread would be closed for off topic discussion is if it had such excessive amounts it was not even feesible to clean up, most off topic posts I would imagine would just be cleaned up instead of the drastic lock lazar.

Also, helpers do not have powers.

And if you are PMing a staff for help, you have to be aware that not all staff are on all the time, and not all staff are equipped to help you, you would be better off using our new help system. Check the help section: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me