Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Realistic Redline? by rem sleep

Artist rem sleep [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Realistic Redline?

Postby rem sleep » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am

Tips please? :3
I need some feedback on this guy here, I am aware the front paw in huge and that the lifted paw only has three toes, but four looked silly so I think Ieave it at this. ._.

So please help me? D:
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Realistic Redline?

Postby Muggafinn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 am

Going to do a blue line, it's hard to fix something in red when it's surrounded by red stuff. I'll have it posted in a sec.

if my art shop is closed, DA commissions are always open
Muggafinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 am

Red stuff is removable. .3.
Thanks Muffin~<3
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggafinn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

Sorry, I have to use photoshop, since I can never figure out how to do pen pressure in Chibipaint.
So, explanations. Going to try and be as helpful as I can, sorry if it sounds nitpicky.
Head: Wolves don't have such a dramatic dome in their skulls, nor is the face too pointy. Think gradual shapes, not sudden changes. Your ears were also too large and pointy, so I changed that. If you look at a photos of wolves, or even dogs, they hold their heads relatively low, not up in the air like you have here. See? http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/adv ... s/wolf.jpg
Chest/neck/shoulders: A little too puffy, add smaller, more jagged lines to make it look realistic and not cartoony. The neck, as I said before, is too straight. The shoulders have the "elbow", more or less, start at the ribcage, so you can't see the bend that much unless the wolf is sprinting with its legs out straight, or stretching. Your shoulder was tilted a little too much, too, so I blue-lined that.
Paws: Too rounded, and they are not level, so the back paws are lower than the front paws on the ground. If it was standing at and angle, we'd see the body in perspective, but since you have a flat profile, this doesn't work. Look at photos of real paws and sketch them traditionally, if you have a hard time sketching digitally. The dewclaws are on the inside of the foot, so you couldn't see it on the left paw.
Back/middle section: It's a thin looking wolf, if it really looked like that, you'd have very patchy fur and ribs showing. You need to make it thicker, and there would be a round shape to the back, not a concave one. It is also a bit too long, in general. The way you've drawn the shin, or the top part, of the back legs implies we are looking at them from in front, because of that overlapping line. This isn't the case, otherwise it would be standing in a knock-kneed position, or just fall over. The foot, before the paw, is also very long. Refer to the image I showed you.
Tail: You've got a huge bump int he pelvic bones in that area, which pushes the tail up too high. Back legs shouldn't look separate from the rest of the body, but because of the way you drew the back, they do. Thus, the tail looks off. It should only go a little past the start of the foot, or the second joint
Overall, I like your style. The lines are very, very well done. Better than what I could do. Just work on the proportions, and look at real wolves. Also draw skeletons! Hope this helped :)

if my art shop is closed, DA commissions are always open
Muggafinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me