Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Underworld Border Patrol by Kifo

Artist Kifo [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Underworld Border Patrol

Postby Kifo » Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 am

Just something I thought I'd try. And my hand drawn image of the same dragon is slightly better than computerised version. Anyway.

This is what I like to call an Orthrusian Dragon, in reference to the greek monster Orthrus who I based this dragon on. This one is patrolling the borders of the River Styx for any of the living (mainly heroes) who have decided to journey to the underworld via the back door. If found, a living soul will be forced back. And trust me, it's much better than dealing with Cerberus's ways of dealing with sneaks...that is, if they can survive the river itself.

I think I really did this because I've finished reading the Percy Jackson series and the first two books of the Heroes of Olympus series and I'm bored with having to wait till October for the next book to come out. That and I like history and ancient myths.

reference: http://img.geocaching.com/user/6602db30-183a-4dd1-b206-a128a53a6c1e.jpg (back image)
the river styx, cerberus and orthrus belong to the ancient greek mythologies.
the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series belong to Rick Riordan.
the dragon itself was my idea alone.
Please help these little guys grow

ImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image
Kifo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me