Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

*~_Vinca Dogs_~* by winkatuck

Based on Click to view
Artist winkatuck [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

*~_Vinca Dogs_~*

Postby winkatuck » Fri May 18, 2012 8:13 pm

IMPORTANT:

Artist Competition!

What is a Vinca Dog?

The Vinca Dog is a raccoon-sized mammal that lives in the Arctic, or in other snowy conditions. Named after the plant, Vinca, they droop in heat and warmer weather, and can die if over heated. Male Vinca Dogs are no different than female Vincas, only sometimes they have a single horn on their head. Even though it is uncommon in males, females do not grow horns. Other than that, they both have huge fluffy ears, so they can hear great distances, a long flap of fur going along their neck, and a skinny tail with fur lining it. Their feet are extremely small, and their legs short compared to their long body. Their coat colors are are mostly neon with intricate patterns, rare Vinca's with natural colors have been found to exist. They have been known to find a human and stay with that one human forever, so choose your Vinca wisely!

Facts About Vinca's:

They do not wear anything, even if given by their humans. (No line edits)

They come in both male and female genders.

Males sometimes are adorned with a single horn on the top of their head, females do not grow horns.

Common Vinca's come in as little as three different colors to as many as nine!

Vinca's may be won through a various of competitions and drawings based on the artist's taste.

Any one person may own up to 3 vincas male or female.

Vinca's only come together to mate and will sometimes fight each other if the same gender in the same household.

Rare Vinca's may only be made by hired artists
(not Guests artists) and have natural or dull colors with little or no markings. Also, only hired artists may make Vinca's with horns.

Baby Vinca's are only seen when bred by two ALREADY OWNED Vinca's. (Even hired artists cannot create baby vinca's unless someone wants to breed two adult ones.)

Vinca's only take one mate, and they mate for life... so pick your Vinca's spouse wisely.

Vinca's can mate up to three times, producing only one if it is with another Vinca they are not mates with. If they are mates with the other Vinca three to five may be produced depending on the artist that takes up the task. You must either adopt out your current Vincas or the pups before they are full grown, you can only have one male and one female full grown that you own. If two different people breed for pups they may keep one if they do not already own two Vinca's but otherwise will still have to put the rest up for other users to adopt.

Pups are produced from one to four weeks after breeding. After they are born, they will fully mature at ten days so you have to decide if you want to keep them or put them up for adoption fast!

We may do customs for special events if the artists are open to it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Beloved Staff:

Winkatuck - artist, owner
neon kiwi - artist, creator
Nimrod97 - artist
moonlight_girl - artist
Horselover0726 - fan club creator, moderator

STAFF FORM:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b] Chickensmoothie Username Here!
[b]Position:[/b] Artist, Moderator or etc.
[b]Activity:[/b] How often are you on Chickensmoothie?
[b]Reason:[/b] Why do you want to continue to help Vinca Dogs?
[b]Do you like what I'm doing with Vinca Dog's so far?:[/b] Yes/No any possibly why or why not...
[b]Anything Else:[/b] ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breeding Slots:

Each artist may choose how many slots they have open and any user that owns a Vinca may request if their slots are open, but they have to have permission from both parties and remember: the artist always has the final say and can always choose to reject the couple if they choose to do so...

Winkatuck
1. OPEN

Nimrod97
1. CLOSED
2. CLOSED

Custom Slots:

Each artist may choose how many slots they have open and any user may request if their slots are open, but remember: the artist always has the final say and can always choose to reject the order if they choose to do so... below will be who is open for customs and what they will take as payment for them.

Winkatuck

1. CLOSED
2. CLOSED
3. CLOSED

Form:
[b]Name:[/b] Name of the Vinca
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or female
[b]Ref:[/b] You can just color in another reference from something else (like a color in dog editable or such.) and link to it here.
[b]Payment:[/b] link to the trade here or images of the pets. (dont scam us with pets you dont have, we will put your custom up for adoption instead and you cannot purchase another custom ever D:)
[b]Artist:[/b] winkatuck (may add others if they want to participate.)

Just post the form on this thread :3

Fanbase:

Fanclub
by Horselover0726

Roleplay
none

Gift Lines
by winkatuck
by bake4u
by Kiley

Guest Artists:

This will remain closed until we have all the staff locked into place. Guests Artists Slots will open randomly after all current GA's have finished and given out their Vinca's. When you get a slot, you may only make one Vinca that you may keep or hold a contest for or even gift to someone you know who wants one. You may alos fill out the form with someone else's username on it if you wish to get them a slot. This is also the only way to get a custom as we do not do customs.

Slots:

Guest Artists Slots are...

CLOSED

Guest Artist Form:
[color=#BF0040]I want to make a Vinca Dog![/color]
Username: CS name here.
Do you already own a Vinca?: Yes or No
Have you been a guest artist for us before?: Yes or No

DO NOT FILL OUT IF CLOSED!!! You will recieve a warning unless you posted within the half hour the slots close... if you recieve more than 3 warnings you may not get GA slot or adopt any new Vinca's and any you own will be given new homes to loving, caring, repsectful owners.

People and their Vincas:

Nuttmeg with Aubergine
#2 - Up for Adoption
Ardelis with Mochta
Nimrod97 with Spoons
#5 - Up for Adoption
LotusWolf with Fresco
#7 - Up for Adoption
greywolf21 with Allegro
bake4u with Hughes
AprilShowers with Unamed Female #9
{converse} with Arcus
neonkiwi with Trucks
Lotuswolf with Sialenta
○~Discover~○ with Jagger
#15 - Up for Adoption
Starhorse with Berry
Thorissa with Breeze
Foreign.potato with Antique Butterfly
Lufsta with Aklethjios
Rasca1jack with Alex
#21 - Up for Adoption
Winkatuck with Taco
#23 - Up for Adoption
AntelopeShortbread with Trent
Foxxy with Cráneo
Last edited by winkatuck on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vinca Dogs [Under New Management!]

Postby Ardelis » Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 am

Username: Ardelis
Position: Moderator, in charge of fan club.
Activity: Everyday. Here and there during the day to keep up with things and for a few hours at night to get work done.
Reason: Because I absolutely love this cute little species. I was so excited when I got Mochta and would love to see him with more friends, and more people with these lovely creatures.
Do you like what I'm doing with Vinca Dog's so far?: So far yes (except maybe the limit being one male one female, unless I read that wrong in which case I'm sorry.
Anything Else: Keep up the good work! So glad this is being brought back to life.
xx
x

xx
≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖⚘≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖
≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖
Ardelis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Sat May 19, 2012 4:59 am

Ardelis wrote:Username: Ardelis
Position: Moderator, in charge of fan club.
Activity: Everyday. Here and there during the day to keep up with things and for a few hours at night to get work done.
Reason: Because I absolutely love this cute little species. I was so excited when I got Mochta and would love to see him with more friends, and more people with these lovely creatures.
Do you like what I'm doing with Vinca Dog's so far?: So far yes (except maybe the limit being one male one female, unless I read that wrong in which case I'm sorry.
Anything Else: Keep up the good work! So glad this is being brought back to life.

Accepted! Will be added to staff shortly! Send me a link once you got the fanclub up and running and if you need me to throw you any ideas for it, let me know through pm or post here <3

As for the number possible to own, you read correct, unless they get super popular really quickly, I would like for people to think before they make a custom or apply <3... Though it may be subject to change later on.
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plantiie » Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 am

Username: TheDoctorsSocks
Position: Artist
Activity: I try and be on every day, usually am.
Reason: I love the lineart and the idea of them, they are sooo cute. I would love to be part of this
Do you like what I'm doing with Vinca Dog's so far?: Yes its much more organized.
Anything Else: nope
plantiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 am

TheDoctorsSocks wrote:Username: TheDoctorsSocks
Position: Artist
Activity: I try and be on every day, usually am.
Reason: I love the lineart and the idea of them, they are sooo cute. I would love to be part of this
Do you like what I'm doing with Vinca Dog's so far?: Yes its much more organized.
Anything Else: nope

I am thrilled you are interested in joining our staff <3 however... I am currently not taking any new applications for new staff yet. This form is for any returning staff, but I will keep your form in mind if we need more artists.

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plantiie » Sat May 19, 2012 5:54 am

okay, sorry I thought you were! I will pay attention to the thread but do you mind if you do need more artists that you pm me.
plantiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 am

will do!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broker » Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 am

Dawww... D' They're.. so... cute. ♥ <3 -grabs-
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nimrod97 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I will stay^^ you can remove the quest artist thing haha
I love you Misha :'3
Want To Role Play With Me? Shoot Me A PM My Charcter Thread Lynxus Aura Adopts Flying Platypus Adopts
The Below Stamp Was Made By Me So If You See It Around, WOOT WOOt haha
Nimrod97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Awesome! Nice to see you're still aboard! Will update shortly <3 and thanks bonus xD!

Edit: btw moonlight and nimrod... If you guys want to have slots for breeding, let me know so I may put them up with my post! Include how many slots and if they are open or not for now <3

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me