Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Evani Adoptions by Chomp

Artist Chomp [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Chomp

by Chomp

by Chomp

Evani Adoptions

Postby Chomp » Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Evani Dragons
introduction

Hey, I'm Dez (or Chomp). I'll cut to the chase really quickly here. Evani dragons are adoptable dragons, and things are pretty straight forward if you know the basics of the Adoptable Oekaki. They're wingless dragons that make loyal companions. You can learn more about them by checking out the posts below (:! If you'd like to adopt one, read through the rules and then post an application with the supplied application form on the page of an available Evani dragon (don't post your application on this thread!).

News & Updates
last updated 5/4/2012

Temporary Artist Status: Currently NOT accepting temporary artist applications.

May 2nd, 2012: Just getting things set up - I hope to have this fully running in the next couple of days! I'm so excited C:. Hopefully this will be one project I can stay focused on. I really hope you guys enjoy these adoptables!

Post Directory

__________Post 1: Introduction, Updates, Directory
__________Post 2: Rules and Basic Guidelines
__________Post 3: Application Form Skeleton
__________Post 4: History, Information
__________Post 5: Adopted List, The Pound
__________Post 6: Mini-Mods, Artists, Warned/Ban List
__________Post 7: Questions & Answers/FAQ
__________Post 8: Reserved for Future Use
__________Post 9: Links, Stamps, Affiliates
__________Post 10: Goodbye + Open for Posting
Last edited by Chomp on Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bringing scaly back

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 am

Rules and Guidelines
last updated 0/0/0000

Nobody likes reading through rules. However, if you can't take the time and small amount of effort to read through the rules, I won't be at all inclined to allow to you adopt an Evani dragon. And I have a pretty good knack for telling if someone skimped on the rules ;) So please, take a few minutes to read through this so I can adopt out to you happily and without problems!

The biggest rule is: read through the rules and guidelines o:. This should be an obvious one. Of course, if you're used to this sort of thing, you have a little leeway to skim through them, as long as you can still grasp the details of how this works.

Don't post spam on my threads. This is pretty straight forward. It's just annoying for everyone. This includes staying on topic - if you really want to chat, there are plenty of places to do so without posting tons of messages on adoption threads.

Don't beg, bribe, complain or otherwise. Be a good sport, and make a good impression ;). If your application for an Evani isn't accepted, and you're nice to the new owner, I'm going to remember that and you'll gain a few brownie points.

While the general idea of Evani is pretty generic, my ideas are copyright to me. A wingless dragon isn't uncommon, but do not copy my design completely. Same goes for the history and the rest of the information. And no, changing a couple of things doesn't make it any less theft.

Be respective of anyone and everyone - mini-mods, artists, other applicants, and so on. I'm not saying that you have to treat them all like royalty, but just remember to have common courtesy towards everyone.

Don't ask to be a guest artist. I'll open up slots and review the applicants on my own time, whenever that may be. When I do open guest slots, it will not be first come first serve. Rather, I'll look over everyone who applies and pick the ones I deem the best at designing.

Don't post these off site. I'd really you rather not post your Evani off site for security purposes. Because not everyone knows about Chickensmoothie, they won't be able to track the image back down to the creator - me - and so I won't be credited. I might make exceptions; message me.

Copy+paste applications you've used elsewhere will be immediately eliminated. Design your Evani application from scratch. It's really discouraging to see someone recycling the same bio over and over - it just tells me you want the character, but not enough to put any real effort it.

I'm not keen on "character hoarders"; those who adopt just to adopt. I'd rather see people who are going to use their characters getting them, so if you're just adopting for the design or for the sake of obtaining another character for your hoard, please don't apply.

Only two Evani dragons per user for now. You can give yours away to someone else, though you have to message me before doing so. If you know longer wish to keep your dragon, tell me so I can put it in the adoption center and someone else may have a chance at getting it.

Flesh out your bio. Though, there is a certain exception for younger applicants. I understand what it's like to be young and intimidated by people who post huge applications. But if you post something like "cute, funny" in the personality, you're not likely to be accepted.

I'm looking for quality over quantity! A good, balanced personality will get you a lot further than several paragraphs of describing a boring, cliche personality (for example; leader type, has tons of skills, charismatic and friendly blah blah blah). Don't be afraid to add faults and weaknesses! Everybody has them.
Last edited by Chomp on Sat May 05, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 am

Application Form

This will be posted here, as well as on individual Evani dragon pages. Feel free to spice it up however you like. But keep this in mind: adding a lot of extra things to your application doesn't necessarily mean I'll be more inclined to adopt the Evani out to you. Remember, I greatly prefer quality over quantity. If you can do both, all the better for winning me over!

Code: Select all
[color=#858585][size=120][center][b]About the Applicant[/b][/center][/size][/color]

[b] Username:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Preferred Nickname:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Do you write stories?:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Do you roleplay?:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]

[color=#858585][size=120][center][b]The Basics[/b][/center][/size][/color]
[b] Name:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Gender:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Age:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]

[color=#858585][size=120][center][b]Personality[/b][/center][/size][/color]
[b] General Personality:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Likes:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Dislikes:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Strengths:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Weaknesses:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]
[b] Quirks:[/b][size=85] text here [/size]

[color=#858585][size=120][center][b]Other Things[/b][/center][/size][/color]

[size=85]Put whatever you like here (:.[/size]

Last edited by Chomp on Sun May 06, 2012 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 am

History of the Evani

A long time ago, humans and Evani dragons were at peace. But this peace, as you may have guessed, was broken at one point. A war had begun, and the dragons fought alongside the humans. It was to prove their loyalty to the humans and aid them - an innocent intention. However, by doing this, they disregarded an important rule of their ancestors; that they should never take part in war or the serious affairs of humans. They could offer council but nothing more regarding these matters.

As a punishment, the next generation of Evani dragons were born without wings. As were their children, and grandchildren, and so forth. The Evani grew apart from the humans over the generations to come, because as time moved on, the story passed down - that the Evani had betrayed the rule of their ancestors - became twisted and warped, and it made the humans look like the traitors.

Still, a small minority of Evani dragons know the true story, and teach it to their children. These dragons and their children will often take a human companion, as a move to restore the bonds that once were between human and dragon.

That's where you come in.

About Evani Dragons

Their name is pronounced "eh-ven-ee".

Female Evani dragons can take a mate and breed after reaching full maturity - twenty years of age - and will usually lay one or two white eggs, and these will hatch into baby Evani dragons, also called "nymphs", like a hatchling dragonfly. Nymphs are roughly the size of house cats, and stay about that size, growing only a small amount for a year, before hitting their first growth spurt. After this growth spurt they're about the size of a small dog, like a border collie. Though few, some lineages of Evani don't grow past this size.

By the age of five, these dragons will be the size of a very large dog, like a Great Dane. At ten years, their eyes will be level with those of a human who stands at six feet - roughly the size of a horse, and by twenty years they will have matured fully, reaching the size of a very large horse.

These dragons have different elements, not simply just fire. Depending on their lineage, they can either be frost, fire, water, air, thunder, or earth. Though they do not begin to gain control over these elements until the age of five, and it takes years to perfect their skills - they may be thirty or forty before they can use their powers well and for long amounts of time.

Their name basically means "evening", because they become most active during that time and on through the most of the night, though they're not all that way.

Though their personality varies greatly from one to another, there are some basic grounds for what to expect in an Evani dragon. Cruelty isn't found in many, because they have a certain strict moral code hardwired into their brain that only few lack. While some may be more bitter than others, rarely do you see a vicious Evani.

They're generally very sociable - they treat others of their kind like brothers and sisters. When they develop friendships, they create bonds that aren't easily broken, and when they take a mate, they will be with their partner until death and should one or the other die, they will never find another mate (they only take mates of opposites genders). They're forgiving and understanding - unlike humans, they rarely hold petty grudges or become offended easily. They have a great love and respect for the world they live in.

When they bond with humans, it's said an unbreakable, unseen tie forms between dragon and human.

Fun Facts

The Evani dragons, no matter which element lineage they are, are all great swimmers, and can even submerge themselves underwater for short periods of time. Most of them love swimming!

Evani dragons are omnivores. Depending on activity levels, they need meat once or twice a week, but can otherwise be well sustained on a diet of fruits and nuts. Their favorite meat is fish.

Evani have a certain "sixth sense" that allows them to know when a large storm is coming towards them up to four days in advance. This instinct was especially useful when they could fly so they could avoid fatal storms, but even without their wings, it still proves helpful.

When the Evani dragons are happy, comfortable and at peace, their skin will be soft and smooth to the touch - if you've ever felt a snake belly, that's what it's like. But when they're anxious, nervous, or scared, they have sort of a "goose bump" reaction, and their scales become spiny and hard to the touch, like a thorny lizard's body. And like a dog's neck fur stands on end, the scales along their spine stand up and create a small ridge.

Last edited by Chomp on Sat May 05, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 am

Adopted & Pounded Dragons

This post will serve as a directory for all of the Evani dragons that have been created.

___________________Adopted
______________________none
Pounded________________
none

Last edited by Chomp on Sat May 05, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 am

Evani Artists & Mini Mods

Please, do not beg to be an artist. I will only choose permanent artists who I know to be trustworthy and good at designing (not that I'm the best myself). I may open applications for permanent artists every now and then, but I'm not concerned about that yet.

"Temporary" artist positions, also called "guest artists", will be opened whenever I feel it's needed. There's currently no set date for when slots open and I haven't decided how many I'll open at a single time or how long temp artists keep their slots. It will not be first come first serve. When the time comes for me to choose guest artists, I will choose strictly on the quality of your designing skills.

Permanent Artists______________ Temporary Artists______________Mini Moderators
1) Chomp__________________________1) _______________________________1)
2) Bonus __________________________2) _______________________________2)
2) _______________________________3) _______________________________3)

Temporary Artist Application Form

Code: Select all
[center][b]Temporary Artist Application[/b][/center]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preferred Nickname:[/b]

User Warnings & Bans

Before being banned, users will be given three warnings, marked by a "•" near their name on the warned list. If they commit a 4th offense after receiving the third "•", then they'll be put onto the banned list. I really don't want to have to put anyone there, it would make me feel horrible. So please, just follow the rules I've laid out and all should be good! I didn't establish rules to make people mad, they're here to help all of us, so you can successfully adopt your own Evani dragon!

____________________Banned Users________________________ Warned Users______________
____________________None___________________________________None

Last edited by Chomp on Sat May 05, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am

Questions & Answers/FAQ (this post is a WIP)
Last edited by Chomp on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roleplays, Art & Miscellaneous (this post is a WIP)
Last edited by Chomp on Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Links, Stamps, Affiliates (this post is a WIP)
Last edited by Chomp on Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chomp » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am

Thank You!

Thank you for reading. You're now free to post! Bear with me, as a lot of this is still a big work in progress, but I hope to have everything fully finished within the next couple of days. Check back sometime for new adoptable dragons and updates.

Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me