Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Sick of It. by Swifty98

Artist Swifty98 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sick of It.

Postby Swifty98 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm sick of it.

Making a drawing that I spent SO MUCH TIME ON and worked SO HARD ON and was very proud of...

And then nobody replying. Or liking. Or doing ANYTHING...until I tell someone to come.

Absolutely, horribly sick of it.

So this is the evil eye I shine to the Oekaki.

Yes. It failed.

Because now I realize that nobody commented until I asked them to...because my drawings suck.

Yeah, you're probably thinking, "UGH!!! Won't this kid ever give up?! She gets worse every time!"

Which, is true.

So this may just be the last Oekaki I ever make.

Any other computer drawings...will be kept in a secret folder. So NOBODY can see them.

Because...they fail.

This pic isn't actually done. But I posted it anyways, because...I knew it would just get worse from here on out.
Swifty98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sick of It.

Postby wolfsrainfan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree with you! WHY EVEN POST STUFF ON OEKAKI WHEN NO ONE EVEN LOOKS AT IT. I for one love this drawing. Good job! :D :clap:
wolfsrainfan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Ghost* » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

~Swift~ wrote:I'm sick of it.

Making a drawing that I spent SO MUCH TIME ON and worked SO HARD ON and was very proud of...

And then nobody replying. Or liking. Or doing ANYTHING...until I tell someone to come.

Absolutely, horribly sick of it.

So this is the evil eye I shine to the Oekaki.

Yes. It failed.

Because now I realize that nobody commented until I asked them to...because my drawings suck.

Yeah, you're probably thinking, "UGH!!! Won't this kid ever give up?! She gets worse every time!"

Which, is true.

So this may just be the last Oekaki I ever make.

Any other computer drawings...will be kept in a secret folder. So NOBODY can see them.

Because...they fail.

This pic isn't actually done. But I posted it anyways, because...I knew it would just get worse from here on out.

Im sick of it to! I make some drawings and no one comments until I tell them to or one person. I think that this is amazing! I really like the veins in the eye. That's one important detail that makes it look realalistic.
*Ghost*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sHa-ZAM! XD » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Don't get down on yourself like that! The eye is awsome! I have family members that can't even get close to that! I've had troubles with that too and don't give up! They'll come around! :clap:
S M I L E and D R E A M
O N

sHa-ZAM! XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rustic Paints » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 pm

You call that drawing bad? I'm horrible! Your way better than me! ;)
Rustic Paints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swifty98 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 pm

sHa-ZAM! XD wrote:Don't get down on yourself like that! The eye is awsome! I have family members that can't even get close to that! I've had troubles with that too and don't give up! They'll come around! :clap:
I just feel like...every time I do something, whether it is dance, gymnastics, art, whatever, there's always someone there to say something bad about what I did and then make something better. :( There is nothing I know that I am truly good at. And the few things that I AM good at...I don't like. Dx
Swifty98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sHa-ZAM! XD » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 pm

It doesn't matter what they say. Even though you might not like the things your good at, maybe you'll learn to like it. For example, I hated being the therapist for my friends, but I was really good at it. Then I started to learn to like it. Just don't give up because I bet some people would be jelly of the eye! :)
S M I L E and D R E A M
O N

sHa-ZAM! XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoogaMouse » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Your art is good, and, from personal experience, drawing always get better and better, the more you practice.
And just because nobody comments doesn't mean that your drawing was bad, its just that they might not want to comment. Its not very necessary to make such a big deal about it. One time I spent about four hours on a drawing to get no comments and likes, but so what? You shouldn't have to make everyone that doesn't comment on it feel bad about it.
Honestly, I do know how you feel and I'm sorry, but you'll get better and better as you keep drawing more and more, you also shouldn't have to say that this is going to be the last oekaki you'll ever do.
I'm not being rude or anything, its just that things like this irritate me a little and I don't like it when people say things like this.
BoogaMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 am

Listen up okay?
We all have drawings that we think failed I used to think my art sucked because no one commented but I didn't fail at all just liek you did you have amazing drawings don't let people tell you you can't draw because I know talent when I see it So don't give up on oekaki because you had a few oekaki's with no comments I have about 100 oekaki's with no likes or comments don't let it all go to your head keep trying okay

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiffyflypie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 am

Yeah, I don't get many comments on the drawings I've spent hours and effort on, either. But you know what? I don't draw for likes and comments. I draw because it's fun. Of course, it helps that I have an overly-healthy sense of self-esteem... And if I want people admiring my work, I show my best drawings to my friends.
I like the shading for the eye, by the way!
My webcomic, Teo's Halos

spiffyflypie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me