Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

What Did I Do Wrong? by Celozon

Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
106 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

What Did I Do Wrong?

Postby Celozon » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 am

(Mods, sorry if this is inappropriate to put here. If it is feel free to lock this)

I am immensely confused. When I first joined CS I loved it here. Everyone was nice and were happy to show me around. I had fun collecting an trading and meeting others. In fact I haven't been able to pull myself away from CS for 3 years now. I spend the majority of my time here and do seldom else than spend time on CS.

But over the past few weeks I've gotten really depressed over CS. It just doesn't seem as nice to me. In the past week I have cancelled two trades saying they were unfair to me. And even if they hadn't been unfair it is my right to cancel a trade if I want to. And both times the other user PMs me demanding that it was fair and that I was wrong. Both times I've tried to handle the situation carefully, trying not to offend the other player while still explaining how it was unfair to me. The first person foed me shortly after sending their final message telling me that I was still wrong. The second told me that never wanted to talk to me again.

I have trouble understanding how CS got to be this way. That someone can get foed for cancelling a trade. Don't get me wrong, I love CS. I still think Cs is great even if this can happen. I'm not saying CS is a bad place now, just that it seems to have lost something. I've seen other users comment the same, I've seen some users quit CS because of it. I know it would be impossible to make CS a perfect place. But couldn't we all try?

What if everyone just tried to be a little be nicer, to try to understand how it may be for the other person. Maybe they can't type very good because English isn't their first language. Maybe they meant to send that trade asking for your pets as a suggestion and not a trade. That they didn't actually mean that that wanted you to just give them those. Maybe they aren't answering your trade because they aren't at the computer. It just says they are logged in but they are really away doing something else. Can we try to understand that other people have lives that are not on CS and that those lives come first, not the computer?

My time on CS is like my escape from reality. Its my time to not be who I am, to be someone else. On CS I can gift people. I love to, it makes me feel to happy just to give someone an unexpected treat. What if we all tried doing that? If every day we sent a gift to someone out of the blue? To just pop up and say 'Hi! I thought I had a bit too many pets, why don't you take a few off my hands?' Just doing something like that, could make CS a better place. Could help a bit, even if it is a tiny bit.

One of those two people mentioned above was a newbie. From what they have said to me I think they haven't had the greatest experience on CS. Shouldn't we all try to help those newbies feel a bit more welcome on CS? Or should we just ignore anyone with pets we don't want and insult them if they try to trade with you? Your choice.

So what I'm saying is, try to understand, and try to give a little. Not everyone is perfect, they make mistakes. And so do we. Send a gift to someone random,(really, don't send them to me, others need them more than I do) and next time you get a really bad trade, try to understand a little.

~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: 60 likes? 80 likes?!? Thanks everyone! :3

~~~~~~~~~~

EditEdit: For those of you who said they did, or who want to help out newbies and help them understand CS more.
I created a Adopt a Newbie Thread.
Last edited by Celozon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What Did I Do Wrong?

Postby phan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:27 am

Aww 3:
I totally agree with you. *likes*
Awesome art and an awesome message. :'3
    biggest hit on this stage--
      ↪ it's the love shot na nanana nananana.
phan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Ghost* » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 am

I agree to and great picture
*Ghost*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No longer member » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 am

I love the art and you make a very true point.infact I almost cried reading this. *likes and bumbs.*
new wolf RP coming soon!^^
dont tease me if i type multiple b's were there should only be one,the b key on my key-board is messed up so it sticks ^^
do not steal my characters would it be funny if someone stole yours?(paste this to your siggy if you agree)
if you steal anything from me this will be you XP
click this link and get a chance to win an omg rare!because i have two..

ImageImage
No longer member

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderswift » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am

noleah, you are right. when i was new, this place seemed like the happyist place ever. but then after i was 2 months joined on chicken, everyone was mean to me. this is a great okiaki and a great message :D
thunderswift

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicart » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:25 pm

thunderswift wrote:noleah, you are right. when i was new, this place seemed like the happyist place ever. but then after i was 2 months joined on chicken, everyone was mean to me. this is a great okiaki and a great message :D

same here...
wont be on often due to lost intrest in CS, but ill still be on for pseudodragons and such
Musicart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I agree with you, in fact I'm going to gift someone{Maybe 2 people} some pets. Great art by the way. :D
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fakeviolinz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Exactly!Same for me.When I joined,it was the best place ever but now everyone is saying I don't respect their opinions and their being mean.In fact,I cried several times in real life because of the messages I got from some people.Amazing words.I am so gift bombing you.The art is amazing too.Your officially the coolest friend ever,Noleah.
spencer - they/them - lover of rats and bugs
pfp drawn by my gf @maddoxdragon_ on ig ♡
fakeviolinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrawingMongoose » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 pm

AGREED! Totally agreed. ~Throws a hundred pets in Noleah's direction~
Namida no nai sekai nimo sono hashi wa kakari masu ka ?
Kabe ni kizamareta rakugaki wa dareka no ji ni yoku niteta
Kanashimi wo toozakeru koto de kimi wa hashi wo kakeyou to shita
Keredo ima kasa wo sutete me wo tsuburu
DrawingMongoose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 am

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad you like and agree with how I feel ^.^ I felt it needed to be said.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me