CHASING THE SUN ✧ OPEN. ; no spots

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: CHASING THE SUN ✧ miss. brent & horses

Postby ~stories untold. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NAME TAG
name: Renae Clark
preferred: Rae is fine
other titles: Renae / Rae / miss.clark
pronunciation: rEH-nay // Ray
label: the horse person
APPEARANCE
hair color: dark brown
eye color: hazel
body type: skinny & small [hourglass]
piercings: both ears and her belly button
clothes style: comfy clothes (then riding clothes)
other: A large scar on side of right hand from horse bte
tattoos: ---

TRAITS
main trait: Independent
positive traits: self reliant, loyal, smiley, competitive, intelligent, not nosy, driven
negative traits: sometimes anti-social, low tolerance, irritable
LOVE
r. status: single
crush: nobody so far
orientation: straight
past: Quite a bit

MORE
fears: oceans, bees, lightning
theme song: Welcome to the Show by Britt Nicole
other pets:None
EQUESTRIAN
horses: Charmer, McCloud, Vegas
riding for: ten years
riding style: english [classical]
best discipline: Eventing
worst discipline: trick Riding
other disciplines: Racing

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Charmerston AKA Charmer~Oldenburg~Eventing 3-Day
      Charmer is that horse of which is Rae's first choice in her main discipline. She prefers this 9 year old imported gelding over her other horses in eventing high competition due to his even temperament and extreme abilities. He's a friendly and fearless horse that seems to get along with everyone. She personally believes he's one of those 'make the rider look perfect' horses and loves him for that. Actually though, he's sensitive to the crop and has never reacted well to it. This 17.1 hand German Import is a bright chestnut with lots of chrome.

McMayweather AKA McCloud~Warmblood~ Eventing 3-Day
      Mayweather is a nicely bred horse, although his breedlines are unidentified. He is believed to be some form of Warmblood and is registered as such. Mayweather, although athletic, has a bit of a temper and does not always like every person that passes by. He is viewed as an alpha and is quite dominant and territorial over things that he believes is his. He can be a tad aggressive or even pushy, but this 13 year old is well worth it. He's shorter than a lot of horses he runs against at 16.1 hands, but his dapple grey paint coat makes him a head turner.

Rio City Nights AKA Vegas~Thoroughbred~ Racing and Cross Country
      Vegas is a thoroughbred whom even at 7 years old, still can race quite well. This 16.2 hand racehorse and showjumper had boundless energy and is always very curious of everything. He loves what he does and loves to please, a winning combination. When Rae is going for a gallop, she usually takes Vegas because the two have a strong connection, and Vegas has a love for anything fast paced.

form credit to: capnnova
Last edited by ~stories untold. on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~stories untold.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

meredith and co.

Postby laf » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 pm

••••
ᴍᴇʀᴇᴅɪᴛʜ ᴀᴍᴀɴᴅᴀ ᴡᴀᴛsᴏɴ

Meet Miss Meredith Amanda Watson, better known as Merry. Born and raised in a small town in Kentucky, Merry is currently eighteen years of age. She is most certainly female and only finds herself attracted to males, thank you very much. Merry is a natural brunette and has blue eyes. Shape wise, Meredith has curves in a manner resembling that of an hourglass. Generally Merry can be found wearing a t-shirt with jeans and boots. She has no noticeable scars, though she certainly has a few insignificant ones. Both ears are pierced, though she usually only wears studs. On special occasions, she can be swayed to wear something nicer. Upon meeting Meredith for the first time, one will notice her outgoing nature. She loves to meet new people and try new things, as is her adventurous side. Put in a competition, though, and Merry will be bent on winning only. She is competitive to a fault and often lets that get in the way of other things. Other than these most noticeable traits, Merry is loyal, determined, and even occasionally flirty. At the moment, Meredith is single and has her eye on no one. She rides Western and competes in barrel racing and pole bending. In both she excels, but she is not so talented in cutting and roping. She owns three horses: Rye, Cherokee, and Crow.

Catcher in the Rye is a nine-year-old Quarter Horse gelding. He is Meredith's primary horse, and is used for both barrel-racing and pole-bending. In the barn, he is simply called Rye. He is a calm, gentle horse with a fair temper and trusts Meredith completely. They have been a team since Merry was eleven years old. Rye is 15.0 hands and of buckskin coloring. He has a star on his forehead and a snip on his nose, though neither is very noticeable.

Cherokee Midnight is a ten-year-old American Paint Horse mare. She stands at 15.0 hands and has a coat of light chestnut. She has four white stockings and a bald face. She is a barrel-racer exclusively, though Meredith often rides her on the trails for pleasure. Cherokee has a bubbly, frisky temperament and can usually be found nearly bouncing around the pasture. She has trained in barrels her entire life, though Meredith has owned her for only three years.

Crow's Eye is a six-year-old American Quarter Horse gelding. He is 16.5 hands tall and bears a coat of black. He is a pole-bending horse only and was trained by Meredith and her father. Crow is indifferent around other horses; he does not mind their presence, but will not acknowledge them. He has a star on his forehead and both back hooves have white socks.

Apache is a female one-month-old Rottweiler puppy.

Quinn is a male two-year-old husky.
Last edited by laf on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CHASING THE SUN ✧ OPEN. ; no spots

Postby `kosmic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:58 pm

-- all accepted. if any forms are unfinished, please finish them soon. c:
      also, it looks like everybody has posted a form, therefor we can start this roleplay.. if everybody is ready.
      I'll go ahead and make the first post in a bit. give me some time, I gotta reply to some other stuff.
`kosmic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedAteTheKitty » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:16 pm

[ Awesome, ready when you are Cap'n (: ]
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know
It's the time of the season for loving
Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please,
begging please.

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
RedAteTheKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 pm

[ eagerly awaiting the first post c: ]
laf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby `kosmic » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 pm

✦ - - RENT SAGE →
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
          age: nineteen - gender: female - tagged;; nobody - doing;; w/ callie - r. status: single, no crush

//////////brent groaned as her alarm went off, waking the young girl up. she leaned over and slammed on the alarm, stopping the annoying beeping. she laid their for a few more minutes, not wanting to abandon the warmth of her blankets, but she knew she needed to go see her horses. the thought of her three babies, in their stalls in the stables that weren't that far from where she was now, made her more happy. she threw her blankets off and rolled off her bed. she stretched her arms out, giving out a loud yawn. she dragged herself over to the dresser and closest, grabbing some ashy black riding breeches and a black tank top before going to her bathroom. she undressed from her pajamas and slipping into the riding outfit. she pulled her brown hair up into a messy bun before applying some makeup to her face. she quickly brushed her teeth then walked back out into her bedroom, grabbing a pair of socks and slipping them on followed by her knee high black riding boots. she grabbed a bright blue sweater and slipped it on, she would decided whether or not it was hot when she got to the stables. she grabbed her phone before walking out of her room. she walked down the long hallway of the other rooms, going downstairs. she decided to just skip breakfast and go see her horses now. she walked out the front door quietly.

brent walked up to the stables, already bustling with commotion. "hi," she smiled as she was first greeted by her dogs, sam and dusty. she watched as their tails went a hundred miles an hour, petting them before she pushed past them and down the aisle. first horse of hers she approached was callie. she stopped at callies and tapped on the stall door, catching the mare's attention. "hey baby..." brent murmured, holding her hand out. callie flickered her ears before pushing her muzzle into brent's empty palm. brent smiled and leaned against the stall door, stroking her horse.

[[ sorry guys for taking a while. I had a friend come over after school and didn't get. then went to youth group and was gone all night there. by the way, your character can either live on the property or at their own house.
      just a heads up, most likely wont be on tomorrow. its my birthday and I got stuff to do to get ready.
dm me if you wanna find me other places! discord: koosmic
`kosmic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post 1

Postby RedAteTheKitty » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:56 am

Parker - 19 - Willful Crescendo | Romolo Rising | Kairos - English & Western

Parker's alarm clock had sounded at 5 am and Parker was already awake. Parker had started working out as soon as he woke up at 4 30, he was used to getting up early now, and it was easier for him to just wake up. He also couldn't sleep, which he tried to not think about...or share. He hopped in the shower and came out refreshed, continuing to get ready he grabbed one of his many polos and pulled it on, grabbing a pair of breeches and a belt he quickly finished dressing. He grabbed a breakfast pastry on his way out and hopped into his truck driving to the barn.

He drummed his hands on the steering wheel as he drove to the barn. He was already running through what he was going to be doing. Bring in the horses to their sparsely used stalls, feed, tack up, lunge, ride. He decided to ride Milo first, so he would feed Remmy and Kai while he rode. He pulled into the barn and parked before hopping out.

He went to the field where the 3 stallions he owned were kept together. People would give him strange looks when he said they were kept together, but it worked. He had figured out he had more trouble when he broke them up. Remmy and Milo were best buds, Kairos was the newest stallion, he was more a project for Parker. They all got along well, and weren't being bred so they were fine.

He whistled a long shrill sound, and all three stallions perked up and trotted or cantered over to him. The self appointed leader of the group Remmy arrived first, followed by Milo and Kairos. Parker put on their halters and led them to their individual stalls, he threw them hay and gave them their gran, except for Milo. For Milo he opened his tack box and pulled out Milo's tack. For Milo he had Rodrigo Pessoa figure eight bridle, a saddle pad and a roma half pad, a girth, a 5 point breast plate, and pessoa saddle.

He easily slipped on Milo's open front boots and checked his tack quickly before leading Milo out of the barn. He stopped when he saw Brent and smiled,
Hey! He said with a friendly little wave. He was striking in his white polo, and tan breeches with the shiny black boots. He grabbed his helmet and his jumping bat from off his tack box and put his helmet on, not bothering to buckle it. He made his way over with Milo in tow.

And stopped close to her, Milo reached down and sniffed at the dog and girl. He was quite a large horse, he wasn't particularly wide, but he had good bone for his body. He lifted his top lip in a smile, this horse was quite like a dog. He soon started chewing on his bit and playing around with Parker by taking his own reins in his mouth and etc.
Last edited by RedAteTheKitty on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know
It's the time of the season for loving
Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please,
begging please.

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
RedAteTheKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~stories untold. » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:56 am

Renae Clark
Renae couldn't mistaken the sound of her alarm clock for anything, causing her to let out a long and groggy moan. Slowly, she sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes and glancing over at the clock. She hissed out a swear word at the time being 6, whereas normally she'd be on the way to the barn by now. Quickly, she scanned the room for her freshest pair of jodhpurs, which were her grey leisure riding ones, and put them on, along with just a plain shirt. She was pretty much running throughout her household, grabbing a bunch of things on the way out the door. Within an impressively productive fifteen minutes, the brunette had her hair french braided, full riding attire on, a little makeup, and a granola bar in her hand.

She already had her brand new english black stubben saddle in her trunk she was planning on breaking in during her ride on Charmer. She hopped into her vehicle and high-tailed it to the barn. As she was in the parking lot, before getting out, she planned out how she was going to have the day work out in terms of riding. She had Vegas doing heavy work the day before and so she ruled him as just a lunging session for that day. Then she would probably pick between Charmer and McCloud which one based on the arrival at the barn.

She hopped out of the car with a lead rope sung over her shoulder and approached the pasture, where Charmer was turned out overnight. Some people always found it strange that all her horses were so differently cared for; it was quite complicated, but Renae found each horse preferred their schedule a certain way and so that was how she viewed it. Charmer happily met her out at the gate. Taking the black lead, she clipped it onto his two-toned black and royal blue halter. The chestnut lowered his head and waited patiently for her to click her tongue and ask him to walk on.

The sound of Charmer's shoes on the flooring made a clanking sound across the floor and a long whinny announced their arrival. She took the Oldenburg to his stall and shut the stall behind him. She gave all her horses a quick greeting before setting off to the feed room. With buckets in her hands, she set each one down in front of a stall. Seeing a girl by a horse, Renae let out a quick greeting. "Hi! Nice morning to be out, huh?" She smiled as she slid open Vegas's stall door, dumping his feed and moving on until all her horses were eating happily.
~stories untold.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laf » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Meredith wakes up with the sun. Though she may have once been a night owl, her habit of staying up till all hours of the morning had quickly been broken when the early awakenings began. She turns off her alarm as it begins to beep upon the hour, sitting up and pushing back her tangled mat of brown hair out of her face. She hops in the shower, then spends some time working out the kinks in her hair with a comb. Merry changes from tank top and yoga pants to t-shirt and jeans. Lord, she might need new ones soon. A few more competitions and they'll have holes in them. Well worn, at least. The girl tugs on her boots, trying to tie her hair back at the same time. Eventually she gets her feet taken care of and her hair tamed and woven into a fishtail braid. By the time twenty minutes have passed, Meredith is already out the door and stuffing a poptart in her face as she clambers into her truck.

She arrives soon enough, parking in her usual spot and slamming the door shut. Already, the sounds of voices and hooves are filling the barn. As she starts walking in, Quinn comes running to her. She grins, bending to scratch the dog behind his ears. Apache, still too small to be around the horses, had been left at home. The husky trots at her heels as she makes her way down the stable block. At the end of the aisle pokes out three familiar heads. Cherokee whinnies at Meredith as she approaches, earning a laugh from the human. With Quinn situated in front of Crow's stall door, Merry walks back into the feed room with the three buckets. She returns with them full of food, one swinging in either hand and another tucked precariously under one arm. The trio of horses nicker appreciatively at her as she gives them each their share, but Meredith takes Rye out of his stall and ties him. The buckskin pushes at her chest with his nose in protest, but he stands placidly as she swings the saddle onto his back and buckles the bridle on his cheek. From the bin in front of Cherokee's stall Merry takes out her sweatshirt she had designated for the barn only, pulling it over her head as Rye follows her out of the barn and into the morning sunlight.
laf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby burnham » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 am

Gᴀᴠɪɴ Mɪᴄʜᴀᴇʟ Gᴀʀᴅɴᴇʀ
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
eighteen | english & western
rouge | dutchess | bentley
crush: open | tagged: -

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Gavin's ice blue eyes squinted when he came to consciousness and out of his slumber. The sunlight hit his face from his bedroom window, and he raised his hand to rub his eyes. He blinked a few times to get himself used to the sunlight and once his vision returned to normal, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and then stood up, running his hand through his blonde messy hair. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans and a grey v-neck t-shirt. He also pulled out a pair of socks and underwear so he could get dressed. With a slight groan he walked to the bathroom, set his clothes down on the floor, shed his pajamas and then stepped into the shower. Sometimes he didn't know why he took a shower before going to the barn, since she would just be getting dirty while riding and doing barn chores. He lived on the property so he could walk back and take another shower as soon as he's done with his barn duties.
After standing in the shower for a little bit, allowing the hot water to run over his body he decided he was clean enough and he stepped out, grabbing the brown bath towel and drying himself off. He then changed into his clothes and brushed his teeth before heading downstairs to grab a granola bar for his breakfast. He also picked up a water bottle out of the fridge and then headed out of his house and down the lane to get to the barn.

Once he was in the barn, he smiled at all of his friends as he passed them on the way to his horses stalls. He smiled once he reached the first horse that belonged to him, his black barrel racing quarter horse named Bentley. "Hey kid," he said with a smile, reaching his hand in the stall to let the gelding sniff his hand. The quarter horse sniffed his hand but once he realized his owner didn't have any treats, he quickly went back to his hay. Gavin walked to the feed room and grabbed three buckets of grain for his horses, feeding them before he went riding. He dumped the grain in their buckets and waited for them to eat, eyes looking around for someone to talk to.

████████████████████████████████
click here for my tumblr! I used to be fortris-
╔══════════════════════════════╗
tell me princess, when did you last let your heart decide?
╚══════════════════════════════╝

xx credit xx
██████
╔═════════════════════════╗
hello! You can call me burnham.
female | equestrian | photographer
future special educator | roleplayer
history buff | dear evan hansen <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

burnham

My pets
My items